Reviews for Letters From My Fathers
Tracey Claybon chapter 2 . 12/11/2008
Glad to be (finally!) back online, and able to read and review this story.

You always write good stories - this is among the best of the best...!

Tracey
The Confused One chapter 2 . 11/24/2008
OH! I love it. :) Excellent story. :) I love it. I love the contrasting letters, the feelings and understanding. It was perfect. I love Bobby's reactions to each. Keep his father's and throw Mark's out. The only thing that would have made it better is if he had called Alex instead of Lewis. LOL Yes, I know, I'm an obsessed shipper. :)
Angelfirenze chapter 2 . 11/17/2008
And the speechlessness continues. Of COURSE he'd blame Frances for his insanity. *grasps for words, finds absolutely none* I'm glad Bobby decided to go out with Lewis, though - we need to see way more of him on the show, damn it. They've been robbing us of seeing Bobby with friends who give a damn other than Alex. They wouldn't even let us see him working with Mikey and now he's leaving. *throws things at them*

*sighs and reads more fanfiction to make up for incomprehension onscreen*
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
*blinks* I swear, if you make me cry after the happy day I just had...I won't be angry with you at all. Guh...*stifles empathy* *squeaks* *laughs a sob* *yells in frustration* Seriously, there are no words. I had to favorite this one. There's nothing else for it. Wait - are you still on my favorite authors list? Never mind, that doesn't matter. Anything that gets me this choked up within the space of a mere paragraph gets a space no matter what. *is probably crying somehow even if I can't feel tears yet*
bammi1 chapter 2 . 10/3/2008
Could there be any more proof of Brady's craziness? To blame this all on Bobby's mother. Thank goodness she didn't know that-even if it wasn't true, it would lay some powerful guilt on her, and who knows where she would take that.

One of Brady's regrets was that he couldn't be a father to Bobby? Wow, what a life that would have been. He was obviously a man consumed by rage, what if something else set him off. Frances, Frank and Bobby could all have been endangered. Bobby was far better off being raised by the man he thought was his father. The lesser of two evils. But at least in the end, he knew that the man who raised him had in fact loved him. Just too bad he couldn't have done shown him that love earlier.

Glad Bobby changed his mind and went for that drink and billiards with Lewis. Great job as always!
The Mominator chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
Powerful and impressive work. I think he shold have burned the letter slowly. Anyway Fine piece,
rindy713 chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
i like the way you wrote brady's letter. it's logical and has just the right amount of twistedness to it so that you can see he is both smart and crazy. this two-shot is really nicely executed, and a truly original idea. i enjoyed it very much. i hope bobby will choose to treasure frank goren's letter and let go of the guy who passed along some dna.
rindy713 chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
wow, that was GREAT! i so wish bobby could read a letter like that. and even though frank sr. was not bobby's biological father - and may have suspected that - he was certainly the "father" in bobby's life. this means a whole lot, and i can imagine frank coming to the end of his life and realizing the things he put in his letter.
chlark4 chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
Very nice story. Loved MFB's letter. Bobby still doesn't like him. I still don't like what the writers did but I guess the watchers will live with it. Again, nice job with the story.
bammi1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Wow, what an great story! His father did treat him badly, or as Declan Gage said, never showed him any love. It would be nice to think that someday Bobby will find a letter like that, but in the meantime it is good that, at least in your story, he found out that he really was loved.

Nice idea for a story!

I am really anxious to see what Mark Ford Brady has to say!
chlark4 chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Hey a story. It's been a while. This was good. The writers shocked us with the MFB fatherly stuff. I didn't think they would go that route. I loved this letter. Interested to see what the 2nd letter brings.
The Mominator chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
That is the way that I feel about how his realtionship was with his Dad. Good work.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
I think that's a letter a lot of fathers out there need to write (unfortunately) - I think it'd be the balm on the all-but-disbowelment "Frame" caused.

Wow - liked this chapter!

*Does* this one take place post Frame?

T
likeit chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Beautiful. One of your best...I think. Although, I seem to love all your stories. Can't wait for part II.