Reviews for Some Things Never Change
bookish327 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
You covered so many fun and interesting points here.

-Sweets's response to Zack switching the magnetic strips and then getting the altered card back to him without his knowing.

-How Brennan is able to write multi-dimensional characters in her books when you consider that she has little to no respect for psychology, which has a great deal to do with character motivation and why someone is who they are. (I've always wondered about how she can be so socially awkward and fail to relate to/understand people yet write such convincing, multi-layered characters. So, her conversation with Booth about her characters was especially interesting to me.)

-I liked how protective she still is of her writing in not letting him read it until it's published, despite what she might feel that she owes Booth for not letting her throw away all of that work. She's still as hard-headed (and possibly insecure about any potential criticism) as ever.

-I was amused that she sees her release-day readers as fanatical. I enjoyed the irony because we, in the Bones fandom, could be considered fanatical because we spend some of our free time dissecting each episode, surfing for spoilers, and reading (and writing, in many cases) fan-fics about these characters.

-It was also amusing how Booth compared this fanaticism to her obsession with anthropology. It's not just her career; it's HER passion and obsession, considering that she even spends many of her vacations and holidays in its study. Very accurate comparison.

-I liked that he attempted "the ice cream bribe" on her, even if it didn't work. It's funny that he would try every trick he knew, even if it didn't stand much chance on her, and that she'd still explain to him that it didn't because she was an adult (as if he didn't know it only had an outside chance of success already).

-Him inviting her to see the Capitals with him was great, and I completely understood her not knowing which sport he was referring to. (I also have trouble with knowing which teams go with which sport and city. I'm often asking my husband these types of questions, especially in a situation like this where the two mascots [the Nationals and the Capitals] are fairly similar. Distinctive ones, like the Brewers, the Braves, or the Penguins are easier for me to remember.) I could also understand her bringing up the bones that were found under the ice because this was something she knew about and understood, unlike the sports that he followed. She'd naturally feel most comfortable bringing the conversation back to a topic that interested her and that she felt she excelled at. Very in-character.

Okay, now I think that I've read almost all of your Bones fics. The only one that I think that I've missed is the one that isn't complete yet. (I generally try not to read fics in which the author isn't finished yet because they might be abandoned or a long time in getting back to them. So, I just try to wait until they're done, whenever possible.)

As always, I love your work. :-)
Sgt. Olivia Benson-Stabler chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Man, Booth loves her books, doesn't he? Hehe.

My favorite quote? “I know how to make your back hurt again, Booth. And then I’d have to drive…” You know how he hates it when she gets to drive...
MineUnfaltering chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
“The ice cream bribe does not work for adults, Booth.”

Lies!

Another very cute story that puts a smile on my face!
lizzywig0791 chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
very cute story :)
BetweenTwoWorlds chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Haha! Great job! I loved it!
ab89us chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
"I know how to make your back hurt agian" LOL. I love this story.
meliecom chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
I love love love love love love love ! Really ! Love it ! Can't wait to see your next "Post-episode" really ! You're great !
xBeMinex chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
aww that was so cute, and i love how she doesnt let him read her books before they are released lol x
OhMandy chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Great Story, I loved the banter!
Fyliwion chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
*laughs* Oh goodness, love the banter. You do a great job writing it!
bravesfan21 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Hit it out of the ballpark, again!
CupcakeBean chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Such a cute story. Very in-character and a believable extension of the episode. Nice work! :)
BxBforever chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
love love
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Terrific story!

'“But it would so be worth it to have you touch me like that again,” he muttered.' Terrific line; I think that Booth would definitely feel that way. I mean, did you see his face when Brennan pressed herself up against his back? Her too. I loved that last little scene.

Very well written and excellent job on the dialogue. Both of them were in character as well.

I loved Booth's comment about how in order to write her characters she would have to, to an extent, channel them, enter their minds in order to write them. I'd never really thought about that before, but it makes a lot of sense. She'll never admit it, but she does put quite a bit of stock in psychology.

I also love that he pre-orders her books. When he was talking about being in her fantasy world of course my mind flew to the gutter, not her books:)

Great job! Can't wait for your next story:)

Leah