Reviews for To Catch A Raven
Speaker-to-trolls chapter 5 . 12/31/2010
This was quite fun, I very much like your portrayal of Jinx even if she doesn't seem as domineering or as malicious as she was in the show (I use malicious here in a very specific way, Jinxes' malice in the show was quite a low level, competitive kind, certainly nothing like Slade's). Your version kind of plays up the aspects of her that are weird, spontaneous and confident, but add in layers of insecurities underneath. I also quite liked your reasoning for why she didn't try to escape and go back to a life of crime after her ill-gotten makeout; She doesn't want to be a hero but she doesn't actually want to be a criminal either, and it's not like those are the only two options for superpeople. I also like the way you use her Indian background from the comics in a way that isn't intrusive.

Now your version of Raven I'm not so certain about, in a lot of instances she is very forward and she's very quick to form a bond with Jinx. There are mitigating factors for this since she is both eager to explore what she can experience without fear of Big Daddy, and kind of sweapt up in the excitement of it all. Nevertheless I think she's very quick to get into a relationship with someone who, as best can be discerned, has tried to kill her on many occasions, it's really throwing caution to the wind, and she says in the story that she is still trying to be careful. The rest of the Titans are also very quick to accept their relationship, which to be honest I find even less likely, since Raven at least has her empathic lie detector to reassure her, the rest of them would all be thinking 'what if this is like that Malchior fiasco all over again? Or worse yet the Terra fiasco?'. Except they probably wouldn't use the word 'fiasco'.

I'll read the sequel when and if you write it, because I'm interested in the horrifying possibilities that could come up after the end of this one with Raven starting to take after Dear Old Dad (run Kammie! Run for your life she's going to eat you!... No, in a bad way)
logandh1 chapter 5 . 11/29/2010
no laughing matter eh? couldnt be a possible joker cameo... i loved the story, i cannot wait for the sequel. you are an excellent author by the way. this was fantastic, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please write a sequel! please!:)
logandh1 chapter 2 . 11/29/2010
its great that you know alot about the characters, but your being too proper in thway you adress them. just call them by their super hero personas. quite frankly its annoying. especially when you call robin "richard" even if any of the titans refered to him by name, they would call him the name he goes by, dick greyson. otherwise i love the story and cant wait for the sequel.
logandh1 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
i want the sequel, simple as that.:)
Concolor44 chapter 5 . 10/12/2010
Yes. Yes, you ARE evil. And I love it!

If you did happen to decide to, oh, I dunno, WRITE A SEQUEL ... it would have at least one extremely enthusiastic adherant.

This story was great, in all aspects. Long enough to get the job done, short enough to read in one sitting. And you have a grasp of the language that makes me grin, and a respect for grammar that - BLESSEDLY - makes the reading very easy.

Top notch.
Concolor44 chapter 4 . 10/12/2010
Belling the cats, hmmm? Not sure how the felines in question would like that.

HAR-HAR-HAR-FREAKING-HAR! Yeah, I bet a LOT of people would pay for a photo of Robin holding a Swimsuit issue! EGAD, but you have to love Jinx!
Concolor44 chapter 3 . 10/12/2010
... and I can't stop the silly grin that has completely invested my face. Your sense of comic timing is impeccable.

Ditto your sense of righteous indignation. Good on Raven for dealing with the bookstore idiot.
Concolor44 chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
"... What?"

True comic gold.

I am lovin' this plan! And hatin' on me some lawyers. grrrr

Jinx is much more of a sorceress in this incarnation than in most of the others I've read. Pretty cool.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
!

I stuck you on my Favorite Author list. This story gets Favorited, too.

Love, love, love what you've done with Jinx's powers. Beautiful explanation, better execution.

On to Chapter Two! I am very glad this story is complete.
Mistique Four chapter 5 . 8/16/2010
You have some interesting stories with the Raven/Jinx pairing. Nothing seems really rushed.
nada129 chapter 5 . 7/17/2010
great story I can't stop reading it I hope u continue it in another story
retratserif chapter 5 . 4/18/2010
Love this story, its probably my favorite for this pairing. I think I read this a couple months ago, but as a was rereading it I realized I never left a review. I'm anxious to see when the sequel is finished as well as the multitude of other Raven/Jinx stories you seemed to have planned. Thanks for writing this.
Searching for Serenity chapter 5 . 4/3/2010
Wow! Awesome! A hilarious, exciting, and very enjoyable read! You captured Raven's character perfectly, and I loved Robin's reactions throughout the story. You take the Teen Titans to a new, more mature level! I would love to read a sequel to this!
Wolvenkite chapter 5 . 3/15/2010
this was very good. hope you do a continuation of this. this is awesome.
eternaldead chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I do not think I ever read a story which has caught Ravens personality so well. Normally I do not like when she is in a relationship, because it tends to throw her out of character, but that is obviously not a problem for you. 10/10
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »