Reviews for Chaos Rising
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Your characterisation is brilliant. You do a wonderful job at translating evocative visual images into the written word. This is a combination of excellent sentence construction and a great vocabulary.

The little details really lend texture to the piece and give the reader a strong sense of the world. I especially enjoyed the description of the coffee and even the simple movement Joanna makes in front of the mirror.

My only criticism is the typo in the last paragraph. 'shiv' should be 'shard' or something to that effect. Other than that, a great piece of work.
Suushie4221 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
So, I'll have to admit, I don't know much about Batman. BUT, I have seen The Dark Knight, and I loved it. And, I know the Harley Quiin story (I'm not that ignorant ;D). And I loved the reference to that.

At first, I wasn't feeling the Joker vibe, but YOU HAVE IS DOWN PAT. All of his pauses in his dialogue are authentic-feeling. They really do sound like him. THE JOKER. I also like his speech about how he got his scars. He always changes his spech, but I like this version alot. MAYBE IT'S TRUE HAHAHA?

It was so strange when he asked what time it was. I was like, "I KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING." and then he told them to duck.

The place that you leave off in. How utterly creepy and scary for her. But, this makes the story even more powerful
Jacqueline King chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
. . . I didn't know it was possible to create a cooler "scar story" than the ones told in the movie. . . I swear to god I could actually hear Heath Ledger saying those lines.

Very nice, and I have to give you points for pulling in Harly Quinn. She is so underestimated in the comic book world.

Amazing fic.

- Vira
darkmouse jumu chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
o nicely done! You've really captured his unique charm in this! Poor Joanna - Joker always seems to be out to pick on the ladies a bit. XD I commend you for bringing in all his excessive gestures with the same moderation Heath did - enough to creep you out but not overmuch. I also love you to itty bitty pieces for dear Harley. EPIC WIN.
Nuppi chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Why so SERIOUS?

You did a wonderful job capturing the Joker and all his trademark.. things he does. It's not easy to keep such a well-known character's individual traits (style of speaking moving and whatnot) canon. I'd even go as far as calling him delightfully freaky and scary. I saw the Dark Knight solely for the purpose of respecting Ledger and I wanted to scream after his first scene. He just stole the show.

Loved the scar story. That's a good one. How do you think he got them, in reality? I think he did it to himself. Psycho.

The ending is so very well written. Honestly, the "conversation" is bone-chilling. The Joker being his calm-crazy-intelligent self.

" - cooed, voice a mockery of sympathy as he wiped her tears away." Perfect. Because the Joker does that. Every display of emotion comes off as an imitation of sorts. Like he looks down upon everything that's human and... sane?

And you ended it.. well, in a scary spot. Poor woman.

Good job, gal.
Angel of The Fallen Stars chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Oh my god! That was brilliant! I am still waiting on Burning Bridges, but I can definitely forgive you now. I loved this so much! And thank you so much for adding Harley in there! I was so disappointed when they didn't have her in the movie! And Nolan has no intention of ever adding her! *cries dreadfully* But I really like this. You don't normally write something like this, but you wrote it wonderfully. Thank you so much for writing a Joker story, you've made my day. :D
May All Your Bacon Burn chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Is there anything you can't write and make it good? Haunting Grounds, Dark knight, Kingdom hearts. Geez. But very awesome. at first I wasn't going to look into it, with a character I don't know, but it's one of your stories so I did. And it was awesomeness in a story form, like always. I hope you write more DK stories, and get back into KH soon!
lhbaghead chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
God, what the hell, why are you so awesome?

Jesus, I rarely see good Batman fanfiction where it isn't about the freakin The Dark Knight. And no one ever really gets the Joker right- but, Jesus. This is all very lovely.

I definently like the reference to Harley Quuin, and I love the Joker, and, Jesus, it's so... Just very in character. Very, very, very lovely.

I'm never articulate. Just, Jesus- why are you so awesome?
Kir Sirin chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
First off, I would like to hand over a smile. Because you, thank god, do NOT post these kinds of stories in 'comics' because it ISNT the comic, it's the movie version. So thank you because I hate people that do that.

Second, I want to tell you that you just arent fair. xD

First, you take my Akuroku ideas from me and, since you're just too amazing, I refuse to write one. And now you take my Batman? Haha. I'm just glad you did the whole 'Nolanverse' thing because I go for the 'Comic' section. Heath was nice, but I love the originals the best.

Anyways.

But I believe you did very well character wise. You're always good at that. So many people just want the characters to do whatever the hell they want and forget that they are actual *people* with *personalities*.

The last paragraph was the green icing on the purple cake, lemme tell you.