Reviews for Splash
Archet chapter 2 . 1/6/2015
So, I'm still mid Season 2 of Torchwood, but some unfortunate spoilers have informed me of, well, basically every character's death. Thought I'd better start on the fanfiction early.

I don't leave reviews very often, but I think your two chapters so far of this really long piece have me hooked. I'm definitely staying to finish it. :)
HeartWing3113 chapter 61 . 12/27/2012
So...I practically read this 3 years late but anyway Splash is awesome! It's creative, fantastic and totally brilliant! You are a genius! The plot is amazing and comedic and a little (or a lot) of everything good. I felt bad for the Doctor... I would've reviewed on every chapter but I don't like seeing my comments stack up and I wanted to make the reviews 770 lol again you are brilliant! a genius! in short an amazing person with an awesome fanfic!
Simca chapter 7 . 10/18/2011
So after Ianto gets sick AGAIN, getting WORSE, they want him to make coffe AND unpack AND get their food? They are monsters. Or just the most horrible type of person. Seriously. And Jack insinuate sex to a tired AND sick Ianto. He just treated Ianto like a fuck toy. He does not care that his 'lover' just trew up everything and pratically passed out in the last 30 minutes. That is disgusting. Poor Ianto.

Sorry. I wish I have good things about your work... But the way you make the characters act... They just make me sick.
Simca chapter 6 . 10/18/2011
So Ianto just PUKE his insides out AND he have to clean? WTF? You do not make a sick person clean anything. You take care of them. This Jack is full of crap.
charlie-becks chapter 61 . 12/3/2010
Loved the story, not a fan of the end think it could do with an extra bit just of them fallin in love again lol No COE though, i actually like the season but i don't want ur Ianto to die, again lol As for improvements, have to say Iantos illness didn't really affect him very much, he spent awhile in hospital but when u have leukimia u hav good and bad days, he seemed pretty ok other then one maybe two dizzy spells. Maybe i just like some Ianto angst though :P

Once again loved the story!
Alfuso chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Followed a link to Splash. I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Your writing is breezy but not lazy and compelling enough to keep me turning the, um, "pages" on my iTouch. At work!

Characterizations are mostly good. Dialogue is crisp and "real." Very "professional" feel.

My only real criticism is that you let Tosh, Martha, Rhys and Donna kind of slide. There was no description of them, only dialogue and a few mannerisms. They came across a bit cardboard as a result.

That's just a personal nit-pick of mine. I used to write in media fandoms way back when we had Cons on The Ark. I wrote DW, Blakes7, Professionals, Knight Rider. And I'd be writing today except my favorite "fandom" is a 55 year old TV Show (The Buccaneers which starred Robert Shaw and Peter Hammond) and has a fandom of about 6 right now. The one thing I always kept in mind when I wrote was that some fan might read my story who doesn't know the series that well, if at all. So I always tried to describe even the main characters. I called it "adding business." You do well with that in your dialogues and showing gestures and body language. It's just that you left several characters a total blank for anyone not that familiar with the show.

Still misty over losing Ianto.

alfuso
Nyjen chapter 61 . 8/10/2009
loved the ending.

I didn't get to read it before my hols but it was worth the wait
Galadriel1010 chapter 61 . 8/1/2009
The end... *Sad happy*. Great story, I've enjoyed it so much that I'm very sad it's over, but I'm happy cos it was so great.

I have to ask though, what did the Doctor do? Did he make Ianto immortal? or make Jack mortal? I got the impression it was one of those...

Galadriel1010 chapter 60 . 8/1/2009
Oh Doctor... you prat.

Wonderful ending (nearly)

Galadriel1010 chapter 59 . 8/1/2009
:O! Doctor turned bad! He'd better not come near my boys for a very long time, I will growl at him fiercely

Galadriel1010 chapter 58 . 8/1/2009
*Splutters* You're 13? Wow, would never have guessed that in a million years, I thought you were older than I am O.O

And on with the program, great chapter, love the explanation and the face off with Jack and the Doctor

x-Athenea-x chapter 61 . 7/27/2009
You're welcome :)

As for improvement, the last couple of chapters were sometimes a bit hard to follow. So maybe concentrate on explaining them more.

Well done. It's quite an achievement :)
Liria Nai chapter 60 . 7/26/2009
Very good ending, though i hate the doctor now. _ Loved this story.
lenc chapter 61 . 7/25/2009
Yay, I'm fourth! :D

The good bits? Um, all of it? But I especially loved G-Ianto, like in chapter 50, with all the interaction between Jack and the Iantos. It was just such a brilliant idea to have two of them... and then heart-rendingly sad when you killed him off. The way it developed Jack and Ianto's relationship, though, (nearly) made up for it ;p

Wonderful, wonderful story. Keep writing - it would be a crime if you didn't! Again, thanks for the ride. :)
Admiral Arlani chapter 61 . 7/24/2009
Whoot, internet back up, so I can comment again! *happy dance*

Anyway, I was surprisingly sad when G-Ianto died... Cause I didn't particularly like him. Really great though (:

The ending was kind of crazy... Why was Jack so adamant that the Doctor not remove his memories? I mean, all he would forget would be Ianto having cancer.. Which, now that he's healed, didn't need to be remembered anyway, right? Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I LOVED the story! Great job. Absolutely fantastic. Sorry about your concussion though :/