Reviews for What Goes Around
Dimac99 chapter 17 . 5/29/2013
I really enjoyed this, esp the last chapter, which was very funny. My only criticism is of the odd breaks inserted in all the main chapters of the story. They really interrupt the flow. I realise they were to signify a change in pov, but they were aggravating. However, I still very much enjoyed the story. The antics of the free elves were very entertaining!
Dagger-Seishin chapter 17 . 5/10/2012
the touch Hogwartz ill let bety lose on ALL of them! but ona rbighter note. i love the fact that hermione adn snape share a portrait quite often. also i lvoe the salazar and betty twist. Well done!
Half-Blood Metamorphmagus chapter 17 . 3/24/2012
Hey!

You made a terrific job with this fic, and I absolutely adore it. I love the plot, and how everything flowed so nicely. :)

Keep up the good work and don't stop writing! D
jjunee chapter 17 . 5/16/2011
I like this story. There are suspense and 's absorbing.
Very Small Prophet chapter 10 . 4/16/2011
Yes, yes, yes! Another supporter of the “Gold-digger Lily” scenario, and you’re not shy about saying it up-front. Lily must have been ecstatic when she heard Severus say that one forbidden word. Here was just the excuse she needed to move up in the world. The Muggleborn who grew up one neighborhood over from Spinner's End milks her poverty-stricken best friend for his knowledge of the wizarding world (and quite possibly his Potions genius as well), then throws him over in favor of a rich pureblood bully whose favored form of wooing is sexual harassment.

I'm sure the gossips of Hogwarts from all Houses had a field day, but especially in Slytherin House where everyone knew exactly how poor (and how gifted) Severus was, AND knew the size of the Potter fortune down to the last knut and acre of land. I don’t expect Sev got much sympathy, though. His fellow Slyths are more likely to have (grudgingly) admired Lily’s successful ambition. And of course Severus just fell into the hands of the junior Death Eaters.
Very Small Prophet chapter 6 . 4/16/2011
I like your emphasis on the “outsider” nature of Slytherin House and I don’t think Hermione or anyone else can entirely eliminate it. My own private take on the Founders and their Houses is that they represented different social classes of their era.

Godric was an aristocrat, a warrior, and therefore he valued courage. Rowena represented the clergy, the protectors of learning in the Dark Ages; I imagine her as a former abbess. Helga was of the common people, the farmers, whose life consists of hard labor and whose defining virtue, loyalty to one’s lord, is the flip side of Godric’s courage. (This clarifies the apparent ambiguity that she valued specific virtues but also “took the rest,” meaning anyone who wasn’t nobility or clergy.)

And Salazar, the only one with a name that was not English or Scandinavian (i.e. from the Danelaw), was the Outsider, the alien, the one who didn’t fit comfortably into any of the accepted social classes and had to fight his way to success through sheer drive and ability. Very much more the House of Severus Snape, poor but talented half-blood, than of Lucius Malfoy, rich boy born with a silver wand in his hand.

In my fanfic universe Salazar not a native Englishman but a Sephardic Jew, exiled from Santander in Spain for both his wizardness and his Jewishness. While Rowena knew Latin, French, and Irish, Salazar knew Spanish, Hebrew, Arabic, and Greek. The unorthodox nature of his knowledge would be more than enough to get it labeled Dark, though in fact it would be no more (or less) prone to evil than Rowena’s.

Just my notion. The Houses were founded in the Dark Ages, after all, and suit that context better than they do modern times.
lieselotte-empty chapter 17 . 2/16/2011
Truly fantasic, your imagery was perfect, especially of the slythrin tower, it was like reading the original books again, I also love the knot garden imagery, I cannot stop singing your praise in fact, well done, I realise that you finished this a while back but thats the great thing here, it will keep on being read :)
shyfoxling chapter 5 . 10/30/2010
"Again, I am unable to provide links" - you can, but you need to put breaks in so that FFN's software doesn't see it as a link. I'm not sure if the review parser has the same habits as the story poster, but for example, the art you mentioned by Camillo on dA:

art/Knot-Garden-94109311

if you "mung" that to

camillo1978. /art /Knot-Garden-94109311

(insert some spaces) it at least won't get erased.
JaneA0202 chapter 4 . 5/6/2010
so far Im on this chapter...im confused...why is Dumbledore so mean towards Snape?From what I understand this story is years after book seven...so why is dumbledore so mean?
Silindro chapter 17 . 6/23/2009
Very clever
Mother of Tears chapter 17 . 5/18/2009
What a fantastic story! I love all the interaction of the house elves, and I especially liked the idea of it being them who saved Severus after Nagini's bite. I think you are the only one so far who has done that angle. The ending was fun too. You have Hermione to a tee!
Snowbear chapter 17 . 3/27/2009
Delightful! I love Hermione as Headmistress! And you do a fairly good job of keeping the two of them in character!
sandybeach6th chapter 17 . 3/24/2009
Aw...what an absolutely adorable story. I thought everything in the story was well thought through, and the way you took bits of the story from the first chapters and incorporated them in later chapters, similar to bringing back Betty...it was very professionally written. I thought you did a great job writing this story, I was very inspired by your writing style.

I have to admit, I found this story through the search engine but then didn't have a chance to read it, so I saved it on my computer and let it sit for a while. I was just listening to a very pretty, slightly depressing but very heart-touching song I just discovered "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay (I think?) and I had it on repeat. So, listening to the same song over and over again, I proceeded to read your whole story in one go. The song was a great mood setter (Honestly, I don't even know what it's about, but it still set the mood for me. Anyway, very well done. I loved the story, love the writing style, etc.

You're a great author. Keep it up.

Sandy
troesnaja chapter 13 . 3/20/2009
I wodner who is head of gryffindor now that Minerva is gone and who is deputy headmaster? I bet Snape becomes that when he returns to slytherin...
troesnaja chapter 6 . 3/20/2009
Oh matchmaking houselves is always a very good thing, as is matchmaking kneazles. I stillt hink the houses in hogwarts are an unnatural thing, for lack of a better word on my part. Everyone has different traits and shouldnt be pushed in a box of people. People ar all unique and this only encourages narrow-mindedness and the kind ofhatred other, in their eyes not as superior or normal people.