Reviews for The Outcast and the Prisoner
Shadow of Miracles chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I wanted to see more of Tomoe for some reason...anyways nice job
leDeluge chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
This was beautiful. I wish I could describe and explain why it was beautiful but I'm left speechless after reading this. Aang's pain of being isolated, Toph's quarantine of sorts, they were painted so beautifully with your words. I do wish you would have continued but at the same time, the notion of having ended it there suffices, because we know what happens later. Thank you writing what we didn't know, what we didn't get to see in the series and in such a beautiful way.
arizony chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
This is a very interesting and very enjoyable story. it does have the ability to stand alone, although it is kind of like some kaikus, in that it doesn't resolve anything. At the same time it explains a lot. It also, like all good one-shots, has the potential to be the beginning of something much longer, too. Very good. I truly enjoy your work.
Watery-the-Strange chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I like how you parallel Aang and Toph's childhoods, how both of them are lonely, but in different ways and for different reasons. I also liked the symbolism in Gyatso's parable about the Earth and the Sky, and Toph's pet nightingale being set free from its cage. The Earth and the Sky live side by side, never quite touching, but are parallel to each other. They are more similar than anyone could have imagined.
Liooness chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
that was so sad, but so wonderful. great job and i loved it
Windsofdreams chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
I kind of know where these kids are coming from, When I was little I had a real hard time making friends and I only had my sibling and cousins around. needless to say they weren't that supportive... and I really never played with other kids because I was scared of getting rejected, and by doing that they thought I was a snob (like the airbrats thought aang was). I really didn't learn how to lie untill I was much older than the other kids so they hated me even more when they started at least trying to befriend me. Sorry I just had on of those spill my life story momments again
razzledazzle41191 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Great double-character story, I loved it!

Aang's was cool to see the interaction with kids not from his temple. The end of his story was so sad :(

I love Toph with the nightingale, that was a really cool metaphor. The last sentence was so poetic.

I'm sensing romantic Taang, but I hope it's ok if I take it all as platonic ;)
K9 the First chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
You kidin'? This was BEAUTIFUL!

And I agree, I think Ummi was reincarnated more than once. _
Domestic Servant chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
I loved this :)

So insightful and very well-written.

And kinda sad...but in a good way.