Reviews for Melancholy in Threes
gotonis chapter 2 . 2/12/2012
This is an interesting concept. It's too bad you just left it here; I really want to see how this turns out.

In terms of criticism I really can't find anything to offer. I think you pulled off Kyon's character rather well. With Sasaki it's hard to tell, as the last 3 light novels I read Google translate's butchering of a Spanish translation, so I didn't really see her character much. However, it seems to be correct.

In regards to your postscriptum, SasakixKyon seems rather OOC. Also, don't worry about her lack of last name. Remember, Kyon doesn't have one that we know of.

Anyway, this is great so far, and I'm disappointed in the lack of continuation. I want to see where this goes, and you seem to be leading it well.

Anon chapter 2 . 11/20/2010
Too bad about this story, I was really looking forward to what you had planned next. Well, a nice beginning to what could have been a really interesting story.
KingsJester chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
Hello, I like this story, it's moving along at a good pace. If you're going to go with a romance pairing, then it'll be difficult since sasaki is ultra-rationalist, however, it's not impossible, and if you succeed it wwould be amazing. Please update soon
Broken Kilter Express chapter 2 . 10/22/2009
This may be quite old and you're probably not reading anything here anymore, but i liked this story of yours and thought to add it to a community i created. Im sorry if you did not want it added, and i hope you'll contribute more to it sometime.
omnomnom chapter 2 . 10/23/2008
Having read both chapters, I have to say I'm really impressed with what you have written down so far. For the most part, you have made the characters (Kyon especially) very natural and similar enough to themselves in the original source material. I particularly like the concept of Sasaki, Kyon, and Haruhi going to the same school, thus having me keeping a close eye on this story in hopes you'll update it at some point soon. Keep up the good work!
MERAKUOH chapter 2 . 10/19/2008
I'm enjoying this thoroughly. I've seen that picture, too, but did you know that there's another image to go with it? In any case, Tsuruya DOES have a last name. It's Tsuruya, which is her family name. Her first name isn't revealed to my knowledge, so I can't help you there.
JWM chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
I'm certainly glad to see this fic updated, and even more so to see that recommending this fic to others was a good idea. You say in your notes that you're not the original author of the Haruhi novels, but your writing style is amazingly similar. For the pair-ups, I'm honestly cheering for Haruhi AND Sasaki. And Mikuru and Tsuruya and Yuki and just about every other girl besides Kyon's sister. With so many pairings to cheer for, I think that I'm afraid of what the last chapter will be.
WhatDoYouMeanI'mDrunk chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
I wonder how Haruhi is gonna fit into the story, or the SOS Bridgae if they're in this story

I find Sasaki's character and past friendship and interaction with Kyon in the canon interesting and refreashing

glad to see a fic with her out here
KeRose chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
Whoa, my name appearing in the Author's Notes? That's a milestone moment for me _. I don't want to lengthen the whole Sasaki characterization topic any further but what I meant by the last review was that since Sasaki was just introduced and thus undeveloped then you are basically creating her personality yourself based on very little of the truth, which I,again, applaud your feat.

This chapter was interesting. Not too many shocker moments in it but then again the light novels didn't have an eventful chapter everytime so it fits perfectly. Though I do sense you laying some groundwork for future chapter which is a good thing, in my opinion. I like how you fitted Haruhi and Kyon's first covnersation in there without copying word for word the actual conversation. Randomly, does it make you proud that you didn't have to resort to that, making it feel like it was all your own work? I would have gave myself 10 pats on the back for that. (Again that's just my opinion) Anyways, back to reviewing, I think you are doing a great job so far. Hope the next chapter will continue to be or become more enjoyable that this one!

Till next time

~K~{ }
Quinbin chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Liked this one a lot. In fact, I liked it enough to recommend it on a forum, something I never do for prologues. A word of advice however, can I suggest that you allow anonymous reviewers to submit reviews? With all the trouble I've had setting up my account I can't imagine many people bothering to do the same.
the grey mage chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
pure awesome.

but will they be on equal terms of power? or will one be more observant of her surroundings? plus sasaki has prior knowledge of kyons behavior and may also already like "like" him. why would he want to converse with that strange girl, when he has a "normal" girl that gives him the time of day? also where does kyons male friends place in this?

this is going on story alert.
Watashiwa-Nanashi chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Sasaki and Haruhi in the same classroom?

Uh-oh. If Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody still happened, giving Haruhi her "John Smith" and if Sasaki still likes Kyon...

Urk. This will not end well-in the best way possible. I'd comment on more, but there isn't enough to comment on. Write more and I'll review more, okay?
KeRose chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Ah, a very interesting approach! Having Sasaki and Haruhi at the same school a recipe for disaster already. lol. Using Sasaki in this fic is defintely, in my opinion, going to be a difficult yet challenging task. I may be wrong, but won't it be hard for you to create Sasaki's character seeing as she was only introduced in Volume 9 and Volume 10 has yet to come out? (I'm not sure if volume 10 is out, if it is and I am wrong, can you tell me where I can read the english translations? Right now I've read all that there is to offer on baka-tsuki _) Nonetheless, I applaud your efforts and wish you "Happy Writings"! Update soon!