Reviews for Diplomacy
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 27 . 5/15/2013
Another intriguing addition to this series, to say the least.
If nothing else, you’ve certainly put some interesting thought into how Daniel’s age affects his role in the SGC, given his current plans to take classes at the academy and get directly into the SGC rather than taking other courses to acquire the degrees of his ‘prime reality’ self.
His role in missions is also interesting, the SGC using him as a resource even as they try to avoid making him a source of cheap labour, and such twists as your new take on the birth of the Harcesis and him ending up in the custody of the SGC so early more than make up for that.
Nice touch with your greater detail of Daniel’s thoughts about his encounter with Apophis’s host, as well as such minor-but-significant moments as his confusion about popular culture icons such as superheroes, and such developments as the trip to Abydos for biological analysis have definite potential for future plot developments…
Keep up the interesting work; can’t wait for more!
EmeraldWings90 chapter 26 . 6/9/2012
Still reading, still love the fic, just wanted to tell you that you have thje date wronghere: last chapter it was May 3, and now it's April 26. You might want to fix that. :)

EmeraldWings90 chapter 19 . 6/4/2012
Jeez, quite a nightmare Daniel had... :( No wonder - all this is more than ar egular adult can handle, and he's just 15... though it's true he's in no way regular or average.

"He was...he'd just been hurt so much, I think he lost sight of...of things. General, do you think...was he more like us, at first, and after years and years, he just became...it just became too hard?"

That way my point. :S

"Machello was alone,"

And that, too.

I'm not sure what I'm saying - it's just reminded me a bit of season 10 and the search for the Sangraal, because for quite a while there it seemed to me like Daniel was alone. He was the one who had to find the Sangraal, and he did after a while, but it felt to me like there was an incredible amount of pressure on him, and he had to bear it alone. And then he actually was alone for months in enemy territory - is it a wonder he went so far? Before, we never would have expected Daniel to be capable of *seducing* the enemy leader, but it really had been necessary. Merlin did warn them: "you must be willing to do whatever it takes to see it through" and "what you experienced so far is as nothing compared to what is to come" - they all said yes, but it seemed to me during Shroud that Daniel was the only one who took that seriously, and he was the only one who actually had to do it. That said, I absolutely loved that arc - but there were just a few minor things I would have done differently during Shroud, and I also missed some kind of fallout from the whole thing. For one, no way the IOA just accepted Daniel back like that, and for two, no way Adria did not get *majorly* pissed at how Daniel betrayed her. We should have seen some retribution, or at least a *bit* of resentment there.

Wow, I've seem to have gone quite off-topic... well, it's kind of connected, because it's about giving up a lot to fight the enemy, and having to do it alone, and going maybe a bit too far (but it *was* necessary)... Anyway, sorry about that, I'm just a bit upset there's barely any Shroud fics around, and all of them are very short. If you know any, let me know, please. :)

Anyway, point is, condemnation for Machello for what he did and tried to do, but a lot of sympathy as well.

EmeraldWings90 chapter 18 . 6/4/2012
Can't they use the sarcophagus on Machello? I know it won't work long without frequent use because he died of old age, but if they put him in once, that should be enough to let him live a week longer or something, right? He could take that time to explain his code language and inventions to the SGC.

I always felt sorry for him - too much pain, too much responsibility, and without close friends (unlike SG-1)... no wonder he was a bit crazy and selfish by the end of his life. What would, for example, Daniel would be like if he fought alone for that long, was captive for who-knows-how-long etc? :( He's been a good man, I'm certain, who's long since been pushed past *several* of his breaking points.

EmeraldWings90 chapter 17 . 6/4/2012
'Thanos tried to change it to make it better.' - Whoa, hey, isn't that Naquadria? The Goa'uld tried there too but was unsuccessful in making it?
EmeraldWings90 chapter 15 . 6/4/2012
Poor Maybourne... I really liked him by the end, but now they got him addicted after he died as a Jaffa? :S

EmeraldWings90 chapter 14 . 6/4/2012
Of course, Daniel's younger so he's a bit more impatient (plus I doubt he'd heard of Zen Koans...), I guess that's part of why he's making less progress with enlightmenment. He's just too young for it.

I'm glad Bra'tac stayed to watch. He'll understand a lot of it, probably more than Daniel at this point, since he's so old and wise - Even if he's not ready to discard his prim'ta, it'll be good for him and it'll be good when he can explain to the others what happened, and it won't be just a distraught and frustrated Daniel's word.

But it's amazing how, even though he's younger and a lot more attached to Shifu, he was still able to make the decision to leave him with Oma.

EmeraldWings90 chapter 13 . 6/4/2012
Amazing subtleties, with going North, the vulture interpretation, and Sam thinking deep thoughts... And very interesting major differences, too, with bringing the child instead of trying to find him.

I've just rewatched Maternal Instinct as preparation for this chapter - I've always loved it and it's been a long time - so I'm especially sensitive to these differences. It's so strange, too, Sam worrying about Jacob when in canon he was already a Tok'ra for quite a while. But again, I really love how much you change things and leave them the same. :)

'problems with my brain-to-mouth interface' - made me laugh. 'It tastes like lizard' did, too.

I was worried at first that if there were Jaffa already there, then Daniel won't have time to meditate with the monk and open his mind, therefore won't get the attention of Oma, but it's just the opposite, isn't it? Now they have unlimited time and a better understanding of what she is, and he's already shown incredible trust so he's already got her attention. :)

EmeraldWings90 chapter 12 . 6/4/2012
I'm pretty sure evil-Shifu understands what's going on around him, and at least some (if not all) of speech: he started crying immediately when they said someone killed Apophis. Alarm bells big time.

spikemyangel chapter 27 . 1/10/2011
after a marathon of reading, i nearly fishished reading this story this morning, but with only a qrater of the chapter to go, i had to leave for work.

ah, the adventures of youung Daniel, this fic was just as good as the last one, and i can't wait to read more. it might take me a bit longer, i've been neglecting everything else i read for several days, so i gotta wade through the backlog before i get sucked into the fic after this & am unable to do anything other than sleep, work, & read. _
carick of hunter moon chapter 27 . 9/30/2010
the 2nd story has add to and built on your early story, it hold the readers (my) intrest and make (me) the reader wish to read more well done.
CindyLou13 chapter 2 . 10/11/2009
I really enjoyed your second story in the series. It's nice to see Daniel growing up, and all the other characters are right on.

I have one question: Why didn't you save Catherine Langford's boyfriend from his planet? Just curious.

Thanks again for writing and I'm well into Part 3.

CindyLou
Erurawien chapter 27 . 6/6/2009
I hate it when this happens: review-writers-block. I hate to leave reviews with just a, "amazing story! love it!" even if its true. I'll just have to try and dredge something up that sounds as if it has insight and meaning. Preferably some meaningful insight.

I really love this part of your novels. I loved season 2 (who doesn't?) and I love the way you wrote this. I always liked the idea of Shifu, and as much as I would have liked the ending to Maternal Instinct to end differently (c'mon, Daniel keeping baby Shifu? Cute!), I can also see how these endings also work really well.

Although, my absolute favorite out of all of them has to be the one for Holiday. And not just because Holidays one of my favorite episodes, its also because I love how you had it centered around Feretti's team and Robert. And Daniel of course.

Once again, overall, I really love this whole AU!
WhiteElfElder chapter 27 . 3/15/2009
This has been great so far. I can see where a lot of Daniel's attitude is being directly influenced by both Teal'c and Jack. I look forward to the next installment, hopefully we will see Daniel develope some other types of interests.
MiaRose 156 chapter 27 . 3/10/2009