Reviews for BReel
Xayian chapter 4 . 4/7/2010
yeah...that whole tentacle thing, it was like an accident, unsettling yet you just can't look away. LOL and the fact that Sam was a bit jealous? Nice. :) Funny how all that bonding was probably more than Sam was expecting.

And I still don't know what the message was in Fire In The Hole. Don't make me use my imagination b/c that's just askin for trouble. :P

Anyway, God story _
amyblair chapter 4 . 6/3/2009
I read this this past weekend and I wanted you to know that this was a real cool-ass fic. I have never seen Le Retour... but the other three, I've had the pleasure.

With that being said, the way you thought this out, the puns you use, the way you position Sam and Dean in the middle of it, just simply amazing. I'm not sure how exactly your brain works, but this was a fun Amusement ride. I laughed and that last chapter had me on the edge. Nicely, nicely done.

Thanks for entertaining and educating at the same time.
NongPradu chapter 4 . 1/10/2009
So that was it? “You’re not getting enough action. You wanted a piece of the toilet monster?”

I was damned near in hysterics when I read this. You are officially my favourite author on this site. And you're a Canuck too, which makes you awesome by default. It's great being Canadian, isn't it? When I was living in England last year, I had a friend ask me if we minded being called Can-yukes. hahaha. At least that's how it sounded.

Your stories are amazing. Your prose is elegant, picture-perfect, yet at the same time so charged. You somehow have this Shakespearean knack for putting so much meaning in one sentence (and believe me, that's meant as a major effing compliment - considering Shakespeare is THE MAN in my opinion). And what's most frightening at all, is that you seem to have zeroed in on the damaged psyche of Dean Winchester WAY before it was ever really explored on the show. To say that you're in tune with his inner workings, and have been since the get-go, would be a huge understatement.

Well freaking done. I've been marathonning your stories for the past 3 days. I especially loved "Red" because it showed such a vulnerable side of Dean - the 1997 stuff especially. So I hope you'll be writing lots more stuff, because I could read it until the cows came home.

And on that note, I sincerely hope that you're writing more than just fan fiction. You've got a real gift.
Rat chapter 4 . 12/14/2008
Awesome story, I love the movie references and the ending just fit.
Cathy1967 chapter 4 . 12/4/2008
Awesome story. I totally loved it. :D
Midnight Tennyo chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
After reading this on your LJ I watched Paprika so I could understand the reference a little better. After watching it I was like "...what the hell..." but that's kind of the nature of anime movies sometimes. You should watch the Utena movie. Very girly, has alot to do with lesbianism, relational maturation and just -insane- psycho dream-like crap. Also, when I watched Yellow Fever and the part with Dean and the snake sliding across his leg, I thought of your lovely amorous toilet monster (though I doubt I was the only one who found that scene a little suggestive/disturbing. Poor, poor Jensen). Thanks for burning that image into my brain (:D). Anyway, thanks for the crack, I enjoyed the Spirited Away reference, since it's also one of my favorite movies. Though there was one little error there-the evil sharp paper things are little man-shaped things (like the symbol on men's bathroom doors), not paper cranes.
PADavis chapter 4 . 10/23/2008
I was saving this for myself. When I first saw the post here I danced for joy and then kept thinking, what would be the perfect time to read the story? I was almost too excited to read it - which was ironic after waiting so long. Glad you feel like it was riding a bike. And a new Bear Hunt will be bliss.

Beautiful S1 fiction - I started to laugh out loud in chapter 2, and I'm not so sure I stopped until the end. Dean in a movie theatre - hadn't had the in my head before but of course he would talk and ignore shushers. Dean being badly dubbed, then subtitled? *snort*, the toilet monster - and I howled when Dean asked Sam to come back, um, a little later. And when Dean asked Sam if he had wanted some of that action, I almost fell off my chair.

Your similes and metaphors in this were such a treat – like a bus station paperback, the pet store explosion, Dean emotionally needy and held in check by John, and the characterizations always so spot on – Sam thinking small and furry means bait, Dean pissing off Sam by breathing – well thanks for all of it.

Beautifully written, a delight to read, and tentacle sex – Dean’s reaction to the movie was hysterical.

Thanks for a fantastic read.

Phoebe
Lisa Paris chapter 4 . 10/3/2008
So clever and so goddamned funny.

I love seeing something new by you, and you never disappoint me. Dean's reactions to the films was simply hilarious, and well, as for the tentacle thing . . .

Please hurry and write some more.
Shannz chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
You're awesome, lol! This so rocked.

-shan
Vampyvii chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
Wow! - Great to see you're writing here again! - Have always enjoyed your stories- Hope you keep it up!
Tari Roo chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
I think I snorted my way through this fic - so much 'amusement' and Dean! and amusing!Dean.

Sigh - you write him so well ... and poor rude!Sam, interrupting movies he already knows. sigh.

Great fic...

more please.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Great story - so happy to "have you back!"
Mad Server chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
Wow. Hot and elegant. Well done.
Mad Server chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
I'm loving this hard. It's insightful and dynamic... you have an amazing grasp of the characters and a great feel for storytelling. This line among others is so fabulous: "Goddamn if he didn’t love the ridiculous noises women made while fucking. So basic and musical, something good and right in this stupid dark world." And dubbed!Dean? *dies laughing* Cool premise, and I'm loving the element of Dean whump. Looking forward to the rest.
Emrys1 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
As always, your language is beautifully descriptive! I'm really enjoying this fic and the images it imparts (willow trees with faded yellow ribbons, dusty and ancient gas stations, and piggy-looking men).

Favorite line:

'Damn, Sam had forgotten how much of this job was tedium and dirt.'

Em