Reviews for YuYuGiDigiMoon the Movie: The Taiyoukai Awakening
JNaegi chapter 14 . 3/12
And that concludes this movie of YYGDM! Still holds up after all these years of posting! So much good leaving off points with the Tamers starting high school, relationships getting established and futures changing.

One of the most important parts; Rei being a mother and giving birth to Ryuuhi and Koori! I still laugh at her cursing up a storm, I'm guessing that she put the lockdown on any more kids? (lol). Another note is Yukina finding out about Hiei being her brother and that story being closed finally.

It is sad that never was resolved in the anime, I standby YYH needs a reboot or at least a continuation to iron out some plotlines that might haven't got finished.

Now with this DOC and happen and that will be one of the major highlights of this universe as the chaos will knock our heroes to their knees and then some. Of course, I'm trying to do this chronologically so I think after this is the collab story with Chaos with Ken? I'll be checking that one out as it's been years.

I'll do the little favorite stuff and who knows, it might be the same from when I last did it?

Top Female characters: Minako/Sailor Venus (yes, of course, my number one is first!) Rei/Sailor Mars, Yui, and Maya.

Top favorite new characters: Rio (sorry going on fumes here so this will be short)

Top Unexpected Twist: the baby bombs getting dropped left and right! And who would have figured Rei/Hiei?

Favorite couples: All the inner Senshi lovers. Takato and Rika (though it's hinted at nothing won't come about till DOC) Seto/Lynn.

Final Thoughts: Like I said, still holds up. Even though the dialogue choices could be more smoothed out for some characters. I also can tell how some characters are trying to be something like with Helena talking to cute boys and we all know what goes down with that but this was the earlier stages, I never thought that would occur but it was a happy surprise! I can give this story an 8 out of 10!

I've been noticing the updates for your Ascendant story dude, I'll get to them!
JNaegi chapter 13 . 3/11
The battle is over and what fights ended in splendid fashion!

I gotta say, I have to give Kuwabara credit for taking care of Demento, he doesn't get much airtime but gosh darn it, he is good support for his friends. Maya was indeed the game changer saving Shuichi's life like that, the power of love in all its glory.

Yusuke fully embracing his demonic heritage to defeat Kiryu. It's wild that one day he will become king of the makai. It will be something him maintaining relations with the human and spirit worlds and his other allies and friends. Of course, Keiko will be there with him with a firm but loving hand.

Next chapter is the last!
JNaegi chapter 12 . 3/11
And battles hitting the end game with the game changer waiting in the wings (sorry Rio, not you but you get a bigger role in DOC) and Maya will do anything to save the man she loves!
JNaegi chapter 11 . 3/11
And the ritual begins, poor Kurama. The pretty half-breed is just the stomping boy for plot.

I still enjoy how the Taiyoukai usurps control of the previews, funny stuff!
JNaegi chapter 10 . 3/11
One of the priceless moments is the afterglow of Rei and Hiei! Again I say, ironic but wait for the kicker down the line.

Venus and the brooding Rio combine forces and get in the killing blow on that annoying taiyoukai and even establish how that relationship is.
JNaegi chapter 9 . 3/11
Sailor Quartet gets into the swing of things and gets aid from the Chimera's. In a way they are like the beta versions of the West Coasters even though the forger got their powers from an alien force, wait, that group also got powers from the gunk know, nevermind, that get's confusing.

I like the group dynamics. Mars has to hit the sheets to get Hiei healed with Houoh being a kind of guardian while nature takes its course. Granted it is ironic that she loses it to a demon given she is a priestess and self-proclaimed "man hater".
JNaegi chapter 8 . 3/10
The stronger Taiyoukai are coming in and about to put the groups through their paces.

Yeah, the quartet is indeed Sailor Guardians for Chibi-Usa and were denied that right in the 90's version.
JNaegi chapter 7 . 3/10
Reading this, I have better comprehension with some scenes that went over my head when I was younger.

Tsukimaru and Saya get it in on and she just gets pregnant right away! He's extremely fertile and it took place like that? The power of fanfic I guess!

Now Yeti comes bellowing in and Hiei, Mars, Saturn, Chibi-Moon, and Moon go up against him. Cammy showing some weight with her somewhat improved priestess powers and Rio informing Venus over his inevitable destiny of sorrow.

Big guns on the move from the likes of the trinity of the Makai about to bust some skulls and even some others due to this incursion.

Man, Kurama is just getting beat up immensely! Don't worry red-head!
JNaegi chapter 6 . 3/9
First arrival of the Taiyoukai and they seem to be the weakest due to their obvious weakness. Battles are starting up and got to say, the Succubus banter with the guardians is always fun, especially with Mars retort.
JNaegi chapter 5 . 3/9
Lots of costumes and now the invasion begins!
JNaegi chapter 4 . 3/9
Good chapter! A bit of a battle before the big stuff happens! And Rio finds out about Minako's identity! Thinking about it, not like Cammy uses a disguise so it's easy to connect the dots! (lol)
JNaegi chapter 3 . 3/9
Ouch, Rei knows how to fight dirty regarding Hiei sleeping in Phobos and Deimos's tree.

Tsukimaru and Saya meet which will be a plot for this story. Reading Takato's explanation of relinquishing Suzaku for three years is still an awe moment.
JNaegi chapter 2 . 3/8
Reading this, it's still holds up. Sure, some dialogue could be tweaked though given the timeframe, it's good, dude.

Rei showing the beginnings of getting to know Hiei, Takato reuniting with Suzaku (and how it's more expanded on in the crossover with Kensuke in you and Chaosblazer's first crossover story which I will read again after this one), to Seto and Lyn!
JNaegi chapter 1 . 3/8
Been so long since this happened. Due to this I now remember that Takako and the others had a band. Man, talk about nostalgia.
Jacob9594 chapter 14 . 3/10/2017