Reviews for Bottleneck
Lady Merlin chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Wow. this was really... wow. heart-breaking. i really don't know what to say. shocking in a way that's surreal yet completely expectable...

Love,

Lady Merlin
Dr Hot Shot chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
This deserves much more then six reviews. This is brilliant. You are very talented my friend. Very.
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Fantastic! As always, I love your particular writing style with its twists, turns, and unexpected word choices, acting almost as mental speed bumps, alerting the reader to the near-prose-like explorations of any subject matter you care to write about. I am a definite speed-reader and despite my high recall and comprehension, it's occasionally a real drag to get to the end of a peice of really good writing before I feel I've really had a chance to absorb and appreciate it. Your writing keeps that from happening, stopping the reader every now and again to re-read a line, look at a passage just a trifle closer, stop for a moment just to really consider what is being protrayed in that paragraph.

Also, the premise of this story is wonderful as well, it had always bothered me as well about how quickly House seemed to recover from some of his injuries. I know it's TV, and I know it's important to move the plot forward...but there were times when it just seemed too rushed even with those considerations. (of course, that's what fanfiction is for after all...but still...;) And this is a lovely answer to those questions, just how it is that House hides those things that he is so determined that no-one else is ever permitted to know. Because they won't listen, because they won't care, because they won't believe you, because they won't take you seriously, because they think that you are exaggerating, because they won't understand, because they might understand, and somehow that might even be worse. That trapped fear of knowing that holding back is like a black and deadly thing that will only ever eat away at you, but the darker and more amorphous overriding terror of the reactions of those around you if you told. Absolutely beautifully written from both a grammatical/prose standpoint, but further in a personal/subject/expositionary way. This writing is personal, and infinitely familiar, and it shines through in a way that really sets this peice apart.

Really, really wonderfully written. :)
Nyxelestia chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Beautiful.

All the loneliness, his desperation to hide what's wrong with him, everything - exquisite.
G.E Waldo chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
You're evil.

You can't start a hurt/comfort with just hurt and then not provide the comfort.

This is too captivating to end it there. *stern eyebrow on the rise*

I wanna see Wilson waken up and shown for the ass he has been acting like.

Kudos
magic-pages chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
This was wonderful, in a very sad way. I am impressed with the strong immediacy that you described House, he seemed like a very real,half-destroyed, plagued person. I can believe he existed now that you have described every mundane thing that is wrong with him after the accident, instead of just the afflictions that would make him interesting. A new perspective on what he is dealing with that doesn't always come acorss in the show.
slashfan54 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Please, that can't be the end. This great. You could do more. It's so good.
Angeliz chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
I like this, I do. I love the style it's written in and I like the idea. Nice work.