Reviews for Ectomancer
I am Aus chapter 8 . 10/20
Y not let the death eater who kills innocent people and has a very reasonable chance of getting away and exacting revenge on Harry and his friends, live. Genius. Utter genius.
dvn chapter 15 . 10/10
I just discovered this fic, about four years after it was last updated, so I suppose there's not much of a chance it'll be updated further, or that the author is still even active on this site.

That being said, I really really enjoyed the read. The selection of just a few threads from the bounty available in canon (in terms of characters, settings, storylines) is evident, and at times it feels that the story here is wandering off in its own direction and leaving a lot behind. But I don't really mind that because the elements the author includes are vivid and feel true enough to canon. And even better, the new things - from the blood magic and the titular 'ectomancy' to the aurors' pub and the cruise ship (for lack of a better term) - are all extremely colorful and full of personality.

I don't usually laugh out loud at fanfiction, but the river spirit bits were hilarious.

Wish there was more of this fic. 5/5
zainethedemonking chapter 15 . 9/30

The regret I feel for not knowing about this sooner well weigh heavy on what amounts to my soul for the rest of unnatural life.

I think it will only be seconded by the sorrow I feel knowing this will likely never be finished.
Scarecrow94 chapter 10 . 9/3
Oh fucking hell.. I lost my patience now.. Why doesn't harry fucking open his mouth and tell the truth ? Ask for truth serum?

And harry has been seriously dumb.. Feeling guilty for Malfoy? After the eye thing ? Tonks not asking about that happened ?

Giving away Sirius's secret to a criminal just cuz he was nice ?

And Harry's wandless magic ? It can pull down a ceiling, stop a troll, but suddenly is so weak that it couldn't move the lamp?

I really like your writing, but I absolutely hate the characters you've portrayed
Scarecrow94 chapter 2 . 9/2
Why is harry still thinking he's becoming a squib? Didn't he just fight the Death Eaters ?
Scarecrow94 chapter 1 . 9/2
I don't get it.. Why does Harry think he's becoming a squib?
Anon chapter 15 . 8/25
Given that it's been 4.5 years since you last updated this story, I'm unfortunately presuming that it's abandoned and that you're no longer writing. It's a real shame because this is one of the most original and genuinely thrilling stories out there.
Guestarino chapter 15 . 8/18
Stories like this always have me scratching my head wondering why Harry even bothers trying to help this POS society.
Dragonjek chapter 15 . 6/7
So kappa's are spirit-beasts too, not just another brand of magical creature? And how the hell did it go from Japan to the UK? Although, considering that the floo network apparently touches upon the Other Side, too (I'm guessing the frost was from the dementor horde that is apparently following him around?), quick travel doesn't seem to be a problem if you're experienced.

Mud is adorable. I hope that she's alright and that the kappa didn't do anything to her.

Does Hogwarts not have a soul of it's own? It's ancient, it's been lived in, it's highly magical, and it has an extensive history... it seems like Hogwarts would be able to keep dementors from getting in from the Other Side.

We've gotten so many segments from Tonks's POV and she's been involved so much that she's just shy of being a deuteragonist. You should probably add her as a character tag. For all that Harry told Dumbledore that he needed to stop playing things so close to the vest, Harry is doing exactly the same (although he isn't the head of a secret organization, to be fair). He needs to confide in someone too, and have someone to run ideas by. Other perspectives are helpful in every endeavor.

And... what's up with Hedwig? Why's she getting so big?
Dragonjek chapter 6 . 6/7
Wait wait wait.

A *nundu*?!

How the hell can Toliman fight that?

They're bigger than elephants, their breath can kill entire villages at once, and they're super resistant to magic. They take a minimum of a force of a hundred wizards working together to take them down.

Just getting near a Nundu would be nearly impossible because it would be surrounded by its deadly breath.
OriksGaming chapter 15 . 6/1
This story is awesome. A completely original idea, and it's definitely a lot more suspenseful than the actual books. Everyone is characterized well, and I love how there's this huge overarching plot that seems to be orchestrated by Voldemort, but at the time time others also have a hand in it, and apparently not all of Voldemort's followers are the most loyal anymore. And I love how you have Harry's magic changing in a gradual process, and haven't given him instant wandless magic and super powers.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 14 . 5/1
"hundreds or thousands of miles from any sort of assistance" Azkaban prison is probably abut 10 miles offshore and mere hundreds of miles from London. The maximum straight line length of the island of Britain is 603 miles. If you place Azkaban prison too far offshore it puts it out into international waters (12 nautical miles). But of course distance is relatively meaningless when Portkey is the method of travel.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 11 . 4/30
So Harry can't put out a fire because he hasn't got his wand and his magic is wonky. He can still call on the house elves and let them know that there is a fire in the castle, right? I guess Hogwarts doesn't ever have fire drills like all Muggle schools do. It's stone and probably warded against fire, but still there ought to have been drills or at least instructions like on hotel room doors saying what to do in an emergency.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 10 . 4/30
The Galloping Galleon was in international waters and therefore outside the jurisdiction of the British Ministry. Nothing that Harry did on that ship could possibly have broken any Ministry laws. Of course that doesn't matter to the Ministry or the Wizengamot or the Daily Prophet or even the author when they want to afflict Harry.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 9 . 4/30
Sandstone is not a high quality stone such as would be required for a flooring material. It would quickly erode under foot traffic. The walls of the building might be made of sandstone, but not the floor unless the builder was particularly shoddy.