Reviews for Ectomancer
Fanficfreak chapter 8 . 10/23/2008
The man tried to blind him, put him under crucio and he couldnt kill him. Thats crap.
Satsukifujin chapter 8 . 10/23/2008
Harry's to kind, I would have been proud of my work. Maybe wrote on the wall in blood that "I dont play well with Death Eaters" lol

That was so awesome that he went through the blood! . Can't wait to see what happens with him and Malfoy on the other side.
Quetzalcoatls chapter 8 . 10/23/2008
ick! the puddle of blood is genius but will he be covered in blood one the other

side?haha great chapter update soon!
ludpeshko chapter 8 . 10/23/2008
Heh, keeping Harry "light-sided" is good but after being starved and kept without water for days... somehow I doubt there will be much concern in him left whether Lucius is dead or not... wouldn't it be more realistic to have a half-sane Harry looking for a way out with his "new" wand along with Lucius' instead of wandering how to save the life of the man who just tried to kill him?

I though you'd be going down the path of bringing HP to snapping point before you re-build him from the ashes... I mean after all you kept him, as above mentioned, starved and with no water, then you made him fight a monster and actually kill. And to top it all - the Cruciatus... very few teens for that matter men, would keep their straight thoughts... somehow the behavior of a trapped animal would've looked better... at least I think... o_0

On another topic... I do try to refrain from suggesting pairings and such but I do hope you keep Tonks appearances in the story so far for a reason... and certainly not for her to appear somewhere in the next 2 chapters referring to HP as "little brother" or "bro" because that would make even Krishna vomit... 've seen that one... not the vomiting but the other "bro" thingy in fics before... left a really bad taste in the mouth... really bad

Good work, though the magazine article was somehow a repeat from the previous situation with Dumbledore not going to the ship in favor of the search... the moment you mentioned the article it was obvious what would follow... it wasn't that bad but still quite obvious...

Sorry to hear you'd slow down the updates... but hey keeping fingers crossed for you to get unexpected inspiration and write a few chapters in the span of a few days... can't give up hope in here, can we?

Cheers, psihary
TheOneKnownAsEmerald chapter 8 . 10/23/2008
omg, ur letting Lucius live? Harry said it himself, he's cracked. There's no purpose in letting a defeated enemy live, for he will always return more vengeful and vindictive than ever before. Harry is literally an idiot if he would allow a defeated enemy to survive.
Sarloos chapter 7 . 10/23/2008
The originality of this makes me very happy. Harry is done very well, and I like how you're developing him. Excellent job.
HardcoreHobbit chapter 7 . 10/22/2008
Very good. It's something I've not seen before, but more is needed.

You've got some interesting powers in here, and I'm happy that for once, Harry isn't suddenly a master of wandless magic or whatever.

Well done.
Scorpius Rain chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
Love it. Absolutely love your story. I was thrown for a loop by Harry getting kidnapped to the ship. Did not think that it would happen so sudden, but I guess that is what you were going for huh. Have fun writing another chapter.
sanityfaerie chapter 7 . 10/21/2008
This is all very interesting - and I *loved* the battle with the troll. I will say that if you don't give him some sort of difficulty for working with the World's Most Improvised Wand, I'll be a bit disappointed. Also, Molly Weasley has a watch that tells her where her family members are, between a few preset locations. Importantly, this allows her to know, at a glance, if they are dead, in Dire Peril, or not either. I think Harry might be on it by that point, though I don't recall with enough accuracy to say for sure, and I know that her husband is. Mind you, having both of them solidly pegged to Dire Peril will certainly cause plenty of consternation in the appropriate places, but at least there won't be that despair of "he might be dead".
sanityfaerie chapter 5 . 10/20/2008
You know, this is the first time I've ever seen such a serious case of author bias in Hagrid's favor. The "suddenly Hagrid is tremendously cool (at least in Harry's eyes)" factor was a bit... extreme. I feel like it might be better if you played down the "and suddenly this is all totally fascinating, and Hagrid is worthy of far more respect than everyone gives him" factor and played up the terrible loneliness and the benefits of a friendly face. Not that there can't be a bit of "underestimation" going on, but you were laying it on *awfully* thick. Also, Hagrid's (broken) wand was the core of his umbrella, and the break in it led to him having difficulty with spells. I could believe that the return of Voldemort might lead to him getting back his wizarding rights in Britain, if Dumbledore interceded for him (and it would be a perfectly reasonable strategic move for him to do so, if not necessarily all that in character) but you should at *least* comment on that (especially since Harry would know about this) rather than waving Authorial power and saying "hey, he's got this enormous wand" and letting it pass without further comment.

On the other hand, the interlude with Peeves was entertaining (a bit underjustified on Harry's part, to my eyes, but not jarringly so), and it's not like I'm going to stop reading - it's just that this chapter was a bit disappointing to me.
sanityfaerie chapter 4 . 10/20/2008
Well, "harry gets a nifty new power" is nothing new, but you seem to have given him plenty of extra antagonist to go with it, and the ideas you're playing with are *pretty*.

I am indeed enjoying.
Zoroz chapter 7 . 10/20/2008
interesting fic, more please :)
Inconclusive chapter 7 . 10/20/2008
Hell yeah!
aboulhosncc chapter 7 . 10/19/2008
So far I like this story pretty much for the originality of it. Small issues aside this has been a very entertaining read I questioned why harry wouldn't want to just send a nail though the announcers head, but its nice he still has issues with going gung hoe and just killing everyone. Anyways I hope the ship isn't the main event in the story, as Im looking forward to him getting off the ship as well as the next update
LINKed up chapter 7 . 10/19/2008
For a while, I had skipped over this story. And after reading it, I regret doing so. This is one of the best stories that I have read in a while. I love the angle that you have, and the power that you gave Harry. I really cannot wait until he goes back to the "other side". I also liked the Galloping Galleon, and I figured that when the house elf mentioned it, the ship would be playing some kind of role in the story. Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter. :D
969 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 .. Last Next »