Reviews for To The End
RavenMerc chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Owie! Poor boys.

Great story and the villains...human monsters...are chilling. Great job as always. :)

Brava!
carocali chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
In Skin, when we met some of Sam's old friends, I just ached for the boys. Dean got to see a part of Sam that he had no part of, and Sam was taken from the only bit of 'normal' he had. In addition to this moment on the trail, we learn that one of Sam's friends is a Marine, which especially stings as they're still dealing with the fresh loss of John. Ouch!

Stories like these are actually scarier because you can almost forgive the monsters - they don't know any better. But people doing stuff like this? Its just an awful thing, and when the boys are already emotionally detached from each other, it makes it even worse.

But, as always, they perservere - together - and understand they need each other more than ever.

Thanks for sharing!
kirallie chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Good work! Go Sam! Glad Dean snapped him out of it before he killed that guy.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
OMG!

*THUD*

this was WONDERFUL!

amazingly written hun x

omg...brilliant!

FANTASTIC!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
I really enjoyed this story. You've done a fabulous job of showing how each of these boys would give his life for the other. Now that I think about it, one in fact, did. I do love some Dean whumping, so this was an especially good plot for me.

I really love the way you write a strong, protective and caring Sam when Dean is in peril or hurt. He's right up there with Dean in every measure - like a mother bear protecting her cub. Also, loved Sam's realization that his life is so different from his Stanford friends that he has little in common with them. That's sad in a way, of course, but true nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us. Thanks also to bhoney for generously supporting the auction and then sharing her story. Until next time...
Zaphire chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wow Hanna this has have to be the MOST action packed story you have writen. I mean there are a few others also heavy packed with action but I have to say this is the MOST. HHM one way to find out, I am going to have to go back and read the other stories so that I can make a proper analysis. Its a sacrifice I am willing to take :) poor me :P LOL

This was great, the action was awesome.
Landwing chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Very good. Dean's phrase from "The Benders" kept coming back to me all through the story. But the thing that caught me the most was the idea of being where you're supposed to be. Sometimes it takes a while to realize that you ARE where you're supposed to be, and sometimes you never know why you're there. But I believe there's a reason behind it all, even when it's not visible. So, yet again, very good story.
PADavis chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Most excellent story. As I sometimes do, when a story has a big impact on me, I read it twice before posting this. The interplay between the boys, and between Sam and college friends were, truthful, revealing, and rich. And I loved how the two boys overcame the armed hunters through wit, training, courage, and sheer pigheadedness. Really a joy to read. bhoney is a lucky girl.

'd love to know what her prompts for the story were if you'd like to share.

Phoebe
strawberryswing47 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Another Great One! I can't wait to read what you do with the current season! I hope you keep writing as frequently as you have been! Cheers
Olaf74 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
mommypenguinhd chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Once again, a perfect story! Love protective!Sam and limp!Dean. As always, you've written the bond between them so, so well. Thanks again for sharing!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
That was just fantastic! I always love me some Rambo!Sammy! I loved how you contrasted Sam's Stanford persona with his hunting persona, and how he suddenly realised he had nothing in common with his college friends but everything in common with his brother. And Dean's pushing Sam away when all he really wanted was to never let go was just heartbreaking.

Fabulous stuff!
Dimminished chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Wow... wow.

It took me awhile to get through this story, (don't people realize there's more to do at work than actually work?) but I enjoyed every minute I was able to read, and I can't thank you enough for writing and positng it.

I'd like to pick out certain parts that really meant a lot, but in truth, I'd have to copy and paste the entire story. It was exceptional. Just... wow! :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Some of my favorite lines were Sam's thoughts. 'He just didn’t realize that Sam had stopped straddling both worlds when he’d looked into his dying brother’s eyes in the Impala’s rear view mirror, and there was no going back from that. Dean was stuck with him.'

'It was how Dean had taught him as a kid, too: quietly directing, working alongside him, making small corrections that felt like praise instead of criticism. That made him feel like an equal instead of a novice little brother.'

Loved how Sam knew that Dean was the one in the trees, that he had come to check on him while he visited with his friends and later knew Dean was awake in the hospital.

Of course I always love how Dean never gives up, especially when fighting for him and Sam. 'But weakness and pain had never stopped Sam’s big brother before, especially not when he was fighting for Sam. And he was always fighting for Sam.'

Sam's anger when the hunter shot Dean and later during the fight by the river, perfect. 'Sam made himself a wall between the threat and his downed brother, fists clenched and face hot with fury.' Always smile when protective big brother appears, but love protective little brother too.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Take care.
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Most awesome, girly!

I loved the, "Pretty sure" "How pretty sure?" "Really pretty sure" reminscent of Folsom Prison Blues. Great tie in to the show - continuity of characters, etc.

Oof - I'm tired on the opposite side this time - so it might not be coming out right. Maybe short, simple, no compound sentences.

Great job. Loved it. The boys felt in character. The story exciting. The comfort - perfect.

/nods