Reviews for To The End
Zaphire chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wow Hanna this has have to be the MOST action packed story you have writen. I mean there are a few others also heavy packed with action but I have to say this is the MOST. HHM one way to find out, I am going to have to go back and read the other stories so that I can make a proper analysis. Its a sacrifice I am willing to take :) poor me :P LOL

This was great, the action was awesome.
Landwing chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Very good. Dean's phrase from "The Benders" kept coming back to me all through the story. But the thing that caught me the most was the idea of being where you're supposed to be. Sometimes it takes a while to realize that you ARE where you're supposed to be, and sometimes you never know why you're there. But I believe there's a reason behind it all, even when it's not visible. So, yet again, very good story.
PADavis chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Most excellent story. As I sometimes do, when a story has a big impact on me, I read it twice before posting this. The interplay between the boys, and between Sam and college friends were, truthful, revealing, and rich. And I loved how the two boys overcame the armed hunters through wit, training, courage, and sheer pigheadedness. Really a joy to read. bhoney is a lucky girl.

'd love to know what her prompts for the story were if you'd like to share.

strawberryswing47 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Another Great One! I can't wait to read what you do with the current season! I hope you keep writing as frequently as you have been! Cheers
Olaf74 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
mommypenguinhd chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Once again, a perfect story! Love protective!Sam and limp!Dean. As always, you've written the bond between them so, so well. Thanks again for sharing!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
That was just fantastic! I always love me some Rambo!Sammy! I loved how you contrasted Sam's Stanford persona with his hunting persona, and how he suddenly realised he had nothing in common with his college friends but everything in common with his brother. And Dean's pushing Sam away when all he really wanted was to never let go was just heartbreaking.

Fabulous stuff!
Dimminished chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Wow... wow.

It took me awhile to get through this story, (don't people realize there's more to do at work than actually work?) but I enjoyed every minute I was able to read, and I can't thank you enough for writing and positng it.

I'd like to pick out certain parts that really meant a lot, but in truth, I'd have to copy and paste the entire story. It was exceptional. Just... wow! :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Some of my favorite lines were Sam's thoughts. 'He just didn’t realize that Sam had stopped straddling both worlds when he’d looked into his dying brother’s eyes in the Impala’s rear view mirror, and there was no going back from that. Dean was stuck with him.'

'It was how Dean had taught him as a kid, too: quietly directing, working alongside him, making small corrections that felt like praise instead of criticism. That made him feel like an equal instead of a novice little brother.'

Loved how Sam knew that Dean was the one in the trees, that he had come to check on him while he visited with his friends and later knew Dean was awake in the hospital.

Of course I always love how Dean never gives up, especially when fighting for him and Sam. 'But weakness and pain had never stopped Sam’s big brother before, especially not when he was fighting for Sam. And he was always fighting for Sam.'

Sam's anger when the hunter shot Dean and later during the fight by the river, perfect. 'Sam made himself a wall between the threat and his downed brother, fists clenched and face hot with fury.' Always smile when protective big brother appears, but love protective little brother too.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Take care.
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Most awesome, girly!

I loved the, "Pretty sure" "How pretty sure?" "Really pretty sure" reminscent of Folsom Prison Blues. Great tie in to the show - continuity of characters, etc.

Oof - I'm tired on the opposite side this time - so it might not be coming out right. Maybe short, simple, no compound sentences.

Great job. Loved it. The boys felt in character. The story exciting. The comfort - perfect.

Yep, that was better. :)

Thanks for writing!
amyblair chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Hey, K -

I worked all day today and came home tonight to see you had a story awaiting.

And a fan-auction bidder from you. Cool.

There was so much about this that I liked.

'It tugged at the still-hooked piece of his heart.' Great, sweet line.

'It just seemed kinda meaningless after you found out you had special powers and your mom had died because of you and your dad had made a deal with a demon to save your dying brother’s life. Not exactly what his friends meant when they talked about Save the Planet.' Honestly, I don't think there are words. That is phenomenal writing. Wonderful.

'Sam stirred the coals with a stick, then jabbed a pair of marshmallows onto the end. “The places we stopped were cool, but you know what’s the best part?” he said casually. “Flying along a long straight road with the windows down and Zeppelin on the radio and not having to talk ‘cause it’s just perfect and there’s nothing to say.” He met the others’ eyes, lingering on Louis, listening for Dean. “It’s like…it’s only the two of you and the car in the whole world. And the Coke’s warm and your throat’s sore ‘cause you were playing ‘I went to…’ for the last hundred miles, and you don’t really know where you’re going, but it doesn’t matter, you know? Because you’ve got everything you need right there…”' You say so much here and the listeners are stunned and speechless and you summed it all up so well.

'The marshmallows, ignored too long, caught flame and burned to black. And that feeling of being watched, of maybe being understood, faded and died. Or it felt like a death, anyway.' And then you follow it up. And you make it all hurt.

'trail of tears' Although you didn't go down that road, you brought up a bit of history and that could be something for you to ponder down the road. That could be vicious.

'Time for the prey to become the hunter again.' Great strong statement. You actually had lots of awesome one-sentence-stand-on-their-own statements which I so enjoyed in this fic.

Dean getting him in the groin was great. I laughed out loud and reminded myself of Homer Simpson.

'Dean went limp. Sam went ballistic.' Again, another great one-liner, but it said so much about each of their frames of minds and they way they work so well together, without even having to speak.

'Sam didn’t even stop to think any more when this—simply being alive and together—had become his new standard of normalcy...' Amazing when that becomes all you strive for day to day.

'Sam had apparently lost the ability to carry on a conversation that didn’t include creatures most people didn’t believe in, visions of suffering and death, and whether diners with animals on their roofs served better food.' I so loved the last part about the diners. You threw it in so casually and so purposeful and worked it so well.

Loved it, K. Made me jealous that bhoney outbid me.

alwaysateen chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Awesome story!

I love the way Sam realize he was not really home when he was was at Stanford. He made good friends, yes, but they couldn't replace his real family, especially his big brother.

I also love to see how much the brothers trust each other and how they can work in sync so well.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Well, there wasn't much of that I didn't love. Let me start by saying it was a surprise and delight to have sam meet up with some old friends. it was weird, it was awkward, and uncomfortable, and it played out brilliantly. Not just the campfire scene, but in the hospital when they had his back. it was just what Sam needed, I think, and exactly how it would have been in real show life ;) So, secondly, the character of Lois, had such good chemistry with Sam, especially that last scene, that it just made me smile. I love how Sam interacts withe other people (who are normal) that have known the "old" Sam. It shows a different side of him that is awesome. But the moment in this story, that just sent shivers through every single part of me, was this line," He screamed. Dean, who’d been completely opaque in his grief, who rarely let even the one person he truly trusted to glimpse his pain. The naked cry rocked Sam like a blow." It is one of the most riveting, emotional moments I have ever read. Even now, reading it again, gave me goosebumps. It was so powerful and just stripped to the core pure love and compassion and caring rolled into a brotherly ball. Sheer genius. great job once again, well worth the wait! Season 4 sure is bringing the mojo out hehe can't wait to see what you serve up next! :)
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Lovely. Nice description of the trap prep. I could definitely see John teaching them all sorts of back woods tricks.

Favorite Line "Dean went limp. Sam went ballistic." Nice, short, descriptive. Love it!
RedDragen chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
A nice short story, I enjoyed reading it.
69 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »