Reviews for The Present Shuffles
AegisLove7 chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
You planned on Leavin Nima out? BOO!

And where are my baby Pandas? LOL!

Its okay. Its been quite the ride! I'll miss you Lady Luna!
AegisLove7 chapter 11 . 12/27/2013
Im sad that you paired Po with a girl Panda and arent going to do his kids. Dont get me wrong.I LOVED this stories and I understand that you have a life. But I WANT TO SEE PO's CUTE PANDA CUBS!

Nah, its okay, also Im sorry for being mean in my Memoirs reviews. I actually thought about it again and it all made sense in the end!

See Ya!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/7/2013
have you considered muse? they have gorgeous lyrics.. just suggestion ... love your fics!
AegisLove7 chapter 12 . 9/11/2012
...Why only "Dalang's" Children?

I know you didnt put "Tai Lung and Mei Xing's" in the other chapter. But as a huge Tigress fan, I think she deserves billing too.

AegisNeko chapter 2 . 9/8/2011

I dont know how I doubted you Luna! You are awesome!
Demonic Wolf Spirit chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
nice can see where this is comin
Animation Universe 2005 chapter 12 . 7/25/2009
I loved it! That was awesome!

-A.U. '05
Animation Universe 2005 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Keep up the good work! So awesome!
SensiblyScrewy chapter 2 . 3/4/2009
Lol, I just love the Wu and Shifu pairing. They compliment each other so well. I hope to see more of your work on the Shuffles' characters (especially this one). ;)_
nievelion chapter 12 . 11/24/2008
I'm very glad KFPReviewer nagged you enough that you wrote this. Because while I can understand your wishing to focus on Tai Lung's children, Dalang was actually the first OC we met and a great deal of time was devoted to hooking him and Tigress up. Also...considering that two of his children are Shang and Ming Hua reborn, they definitely deserve the attention and development.

And you've given it to them in spades. I really really admire Shang for not being like his namesake-not that I hate or blame Dalang's big bro for what he did. I still think, despite the berserker rage, that he was a good man, merciful and kind, and a true hero. But for young Shang to refuse to fight because of his nightmares, and thus keep the same thing from happening to him as occurred in his previous life...that is amazingly awesome. And Jin! I did not expect him to be Feng reborn...but I'm guessing after you saw the fan following Feng had, you couldn't resist? ;) If so, kudos to you for proving Feng had a good heart after all. And for him to be able to atone for his sins by saving his brother, rather than killing him...that is simply incredible and deeply moving. At the same time, Shang going to war after all and being declared a hero by the Emperor is even more wonderful, because it proves Shang didn't have to follow the same path-he could be a warrior without having to become a savage killer. *hugs Shang tightly* How funny, and appropriate, too, that he gets to be a cook like his dad, when Dalang had originally offered to teach his brother cooking once he settled down in the Valley of Peace. Guess accepting his offer late is better than never. ;)

Jin, meanwhile...his fighting may have scared his fellow soldiers, but I thought it was stunning and cool. Again, he walked that fine line between malice and professionalism, just carrying out his duty...and while I'm a little worried that he seemed to enjoy it too much, he is right that channeling his anger rather than being consumed by it, even if it did cause so much destruction, was a good thing. I think he'll redeem his past life's sins. And yes, I bet his mother interceded for him, as Nima did for Tai Lung.

(Side note: since you're the only one who's consistently mentioned him, I have to wonder: if we'd gotten to see the Emperor in KFP, what animal do you think he'd have been?)

As for Ming-first off I can't thank you enough for seeing you hook Ming up with Lang. Not that it should be hard to guess from my username, but I love lions! ;) And it's hardly unlikely for them to appear in China-they do appear in the statuary after all, and in the past lions once roamed all across Asia. This also suggests, as I noted earlier, that there wouldn't be a problem with them having kids, since felines can interbreed with no problem. (Though it does mean Ming and Lang's kids are going to be HUGE-bigger than Tai Lung even. Too bad we don't get to see his reaction to that!) I also find it nicely ironic that while the original Ming's best friend made Sonam fight her over and over again before she'd even consider him as a suitor, it's this Ming who insisted on fighting her future husband repeatedly. ;) Nice to know she's not a pushover the second time around-not that she was before, but this time her paws aren't tied by Shen's threats. Lang indeed will have a hard time handling her!

Otherwise, not much else to say. KFPReviewer already covered all the best stuff, especially the funny, priceless scenes. I do admit to a certain curiosity about Po and Su's kids, but I think you've been pestered enough and there needs to remain at least a little mystery. ;) Thanks again for writing this wonderful story, I'll treasure it always. :)
KFP Reviewer chapter 12 . 11/23/2008
Thank you so much for doing a chapter on Shang, Jin, and Ming. I'm so sad that "Present" is now over but I'm happy that you wrote a perfect ending for a perfect story. I'm sorry if I annoyed you so much with my requests.

The one thing in this chapter that interested me is the revelation about Shang and Jin's childhood nightmares. Were Shang and Jin ever in danger of succumbing to the same darkness from their past lives? More importantly, could Jin possibly be Feng's reincarnation (Score one for Feng's fans!)? I find it surprising that Feng would be given a chance to redeem himself despite his crimes. Perhaps his mother Ming intervened?

This story also had it funny moments: Is Tai Lung so paranoid about his daughter's welfare that he doesn't even trust his own nephew Shang? The scenes with Jin getting punched/slapped by his crush and Tai Lung getting his tail handed to him by a 5-year old Ming are classic!

Overall, you've done a great job wrapping up "Present" with a perfect ending. You left some open questions (e.g. Jin's connection with Feng) for your readers to think about yet done it in such a way that brought closure to the story.

Thank you so much for your hard work and I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
corset-rebellion-follower chapter 12 . 11/22/2008
Sigh... I love romance. But is it really over? I'm sad now.

Is there going to be any more of The Present characters, or is this the end of their saga? I hope there's more, but hey, you're the author.

I eagerly await your upcoming works, and I'm just about to read the latest chapter of "Memoirs of a Master", so expect a review there!
KFP Reviewer chapter 11 . 11/7/2008
Sorry I forgot to review.

I'm so glad you decided to make a shuffle on Mei Lien and Tai Shan. It's interesting how you included the rhino army in your plot. I never thought, though, that you would pair up Mei Lien and Shang (Junior) together.

Just one last request. Could you please do a shuffle for Shang, Jin, and Ming before you complete your work on this fic?
nievelion chapter 11 . 11/3/2008
Absolutely, pitch-perfect, and a wonderful ending to the whole series! *sniffles*

A few thoughts...

Seeing Tai Lung all scorched and battered like Po, only because he was trying to save his daughter, was hilarious! The recapitulation of the confrontation between Tai Lung and Shifu, only leading to dumping Mei Lien on the panda for babysitting duties-priceless! (The only thing funnier was seeing Tai Shan pull off his dad's whiskers, and then learning Tai Lung had done that to Sonam as well as Shifu!)

The sneak preview you gave me of how Tai Lung would treat his daughter's suitors was only the tip of the iceberg for what he actually did. I love it, so in character! Putting Shang and Mei together was absolutely sweet, tender, and romantic...though the line “With my little girl?” he smiled, “Absolutely.” is even more is Tai Lung's moment of finally letting his little girl go. Always knew he was a big softie at heart.

Of course since Tai Shan looks just like his dad, I can perfectly picture his eight-year-old self trashing the training hall. ;) And it choked me up, hearing Sonam say that the innocence he had missed, and the cub who looked just like his son, were the key to his sanity. But why am I not surprised that even though Tai Shan wants to be a cook, his dad is living vicariously through his son and insisting he follow in his pawprints?

Seeing the battle to save the Anvil of Heaven from two different perspectives was really cool. Seeing Tai Lung's kids save China and become heroes is even cooler. And I can't begin to say how much I was cheering Tai Shan on when he decided he wouldn't be his father, but his own man. :) I'm really glad you rehabilitated the rhinos-Naresh is a cool guy, and I wish him all the best in restoring his company's reputation. I have to agree that Tai Lung would not hold what Vachir and his troops did against Naresh and his...not once he thought about it. The way you made everything come full circle to begin that healing-this time with a friendship between snow leopard and rhino-is so satisfying and powerful it fits together like a lock and key. Putting these shuffles together with "Present" really makes me feel as if this saga was meant to be, that it just flowed together automatically from your pen and you were just the vessel.

Sorry if that seemed maudlin, and I bet you worked and slaved over "Present" hard enough that you're laughing ridiculously at the idea of it pouring out fully formed from your head like Athena. But this really is a wonderfully written, beautiful story that makes me very, very happy.

Oh, and I love the track list on this one, since I actually knew and liked most of the songs on it. :)
corset-rebellion-follower chapter 11 . 11/1/2008
Yup, I picked up some Mei Lien/Shang vibes in The Present when you said they were attached at the hip. And it's awesome that they're getting married! I would have loved to read how Shang reacted to Mei running off with Tai Shan to fight bad guys. I can just see the rant and the argument.

I like Tai Shan. He's going to have lots of girls all over him when he's older. If he's not to busy practicing his kung fu.

Awesome chapter! UPDATE SOON!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »