Reviews for Storm's Eye
Little Draca chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
nice little look inside their lives.

The line is actually "heaven in a wild flower"

This is one of my all time favorite poems.
Divinia Serit chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Sandburg!” Jim growled. “Give me something I can use!”

Well, now, that was more in-character.

I loved that conversation! Thanks for introducing me to the show! really, I should just scroll down your author list and look up shows I'm not familiar with :D Loved the poem to, by the way!
Arianna18 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Excellent use of poetical insight ... and a lovely recounting of Blair's epiphany regarding his role and his future. Nice h/c, too. Well done.
Kam Co chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
you know I liked it lol :) I hope you do more in the fandom
PsychGirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Very nice story! I really liked how you portrayed the depth and quality of Blair's committment to Jim and to helping him with his senses. I hope to see more stories from you!
Jess Riley chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
This was good – really good : o) Very nice look into the beginnings of their relationship and how they are both slipping into the new roles they have been given - Jim, struggling with being a city cop who also happens to be a sentinel, and Blair, even though he’s still feeling out of his depth, running on what I guess you’d call, 'Guide’s instinct.'

I particularly liked how you linked it to Blake’s poem and loved this passage:

“To see a world in a grain of sand, and nature in a wildflower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour,” Blair recited for him. “That’s what you’re doing right now. All of it. The whole universe is out there, just begging to be experienced. Most of us poor bastards can’t manage that on even a microscopic level. You’re doing it in the macro. It’s all there for you. Every last bit of it.”

It really sums up Blair’s wide-eyed enthusiasm for what he regards as a gift, but also if you looked at this passage through Jim’s eyes, you can see how he'd see it all as a hindrence. and to some extent a disability.

Thank you for sharing this story. It was such a lovely read.
trecebo chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Cool. I like the frankness with which you write about the guys. Matter-of-fact. And the male camaraderie is just that.