Reviews for The Tale of Boredom to Sleepdom
lockaba chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Dude that story on the first page was the best story I have ever read love it
varee chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
well, the most interesting part of your fic was the eight chapter. I enjoyed reading answers to the reviews, and noticed your hope that people are patient - which, sadly, is completely misplaced.
usually people who visit are looking for cheap entertainment which does not demand any mental effort on their part. dry historical facts you've posted in the first chapter had discouraged many from reading your story while others had skimmed through the rest in hopes of finding at least something interesting, and most probably failing to do so. like I did.
anyway, that 'original writing of yours hold potential; as long as you add a palpable plot to it. and characters. and describe surroundings, nature... you know how it goes.
well, since ''The Tale...'' was finished two years ago, I suppose you know there exists a similar site to which promotes the original fiction. thus you won't be disturbed by people who get angry because they've gotten a different product than desired :)
CrisStarTina chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
It all made think of The Big Bang Theory becuz of all THIS information O.O
manna-chan chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
kami, you almost put me to sleep the first chapter reads like a history lesson
kyu15 chapter 8 . 4/23/2012
Me again! Definitely...interesting. Seemed like a bit of a crack fic as it progressed, but I enjoyed it and it made me laugh. Like you said, how you write it is everything. Alas, my own story has had a few issues -_- (the plot got away from me if that makes any sense). As for ideas for a sequel, I like the one about maybe incorporating them into World XX v.2. Definitely would be interesting.

On a side note, how did you come up with chapter 1? Seriously, it was like reading a history book! A really fucking epic history book! I'm just curious how you came up with all that. Pretty amazing. Also, would you allow me to take the story you had Naruto tell for most of chapter 1 and maybe tweak it a bit? Like, make it longer, more in-depth, pretty much just it's own standalone story. More because reading it always gives me ideas than anything.

Okay, last thing I swear, but my friends and I actually have this game we play that's alot like chapter one that we call cnc. We took a risk board one day and just started fucking around and pretended that we had control over countries and went from there. Invented stuf(space fleets, weather machines, an anti-matter cannon to blow up the sun, etc.), made specialized armies, made alliances, every time it's different. We just haven't sat down to actually make the rules yet. Just thought it might amuse you to hear.

Once again, great story and I look forward to more from you.
dan chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
What the f************************
Geezygeezy chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
First chapter: skipped.
Probably shouldn't bother chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
This acid trip isn't going to appeal to most people. I suggest you just skim through it before even trying to make sense of it. It's not a typical story ... the author is aware of that. Creative fiction has its admirers and if you like this stuff, then enjoy! As to me, I prefer a classic story style.

InARealPickle chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
Why would anyone want to read a story about a story that is supposedly so boring even the characters fell asleep?

You should have thought your premise through a bit better.
kidloco chapter 8 . 5/13/2011

mostly need more narusaku too and they prank fights, becaue we know sakura is one closest pranker in the making
Mr.Mrs. Invisible chapter 8 . 5/13/2011
Well, I dunno to be honest. You could definitely pull something out of that entirely AU ending. Or you could go back and rework the Naruto cast into that monster of a first chapter. (Seriously, it took me like two goddamn hours to read. I'm afraid to even LOOK at that thing anymore without feeling queasy. It was a good two hours, though. Don't get me wrong.)

Yes, I read that entire thing without falling asleep. /highfive.

It's up to you to do what you want, though, if you actually want to make a sequel. I personally believe that sending the Naruto group into that amazingly awesome AU land would reel in the reviews and hits. But that's me.

On another note, I'm surprised this thing doesn't have more reviews. Usually crack-fics either have people claiming the author's attempting to troll the fandom, or they bust out laughing. (Latter for me, obviously. :D)

I figure I'll outline my two ideas now anyway. I still have like 9050-ish characters to go.

FIRST OPTION - Continuation of the crack-fic: In this one, Naruto and Sakura would be some TV actors, like you portrayed in the final chapter. They'd be forced to work with each other through some freakin' stupid shows and whatnot. READ: This thing would go even MORE into crack territory, so I'd expect some awkward situations and general, half-assed stupidity. Kinda like what happened in the final chapter (lol).

SECOND OPTION - Venture into OMFG-AU Land: This fic would be a genuine AU, so there would be more serious situations involved. The Naruto gang would be in the shoes of some regular players in that game you created, the one where Ultimagu wrecks shit. You'd definitely have freedom to work with in this thing. You could put them in any part of the timeline, from when the first villages sprung up to the domination of the Falcon Empire. Hell, you could make them start out in the V.2 world, after Ultimagu's son logs onto the account and forces the world to reset. Either way, the plot is up to you, seeing as this is actually YOUR world.

Of course, you are not limited to these two options, but they're some ideas should you actually want to go for a sequel. But the possibilities are endless!

Good luck to whatever you do, as always. (Also, excluding this little afterwards, this review had 7783 characters remaining. Loooooooong-ass review, indeed.)
Guest chapter 7 . 5/12/2011

That was perhaps the greatest ending to a fanfic I have ever read. Pure genius. JEENIUS!

And I want moar.

Sequel plz. Kthxbai. :D
Mistress Pie chapter 5 . 5/10/2011
You mean to say that only 4,000 some words are actually your story? Im goin to report your obvious steal of someone elses work!
Mistress Pie chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
Your story akes forever to read through a bunch of crap! and then you go and splurt out these itty-bitty chapters of crap! WTF?
Lankonia chapter 3 . 4/28/2011
Keep your pants on you sick bastard.

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen