Reviews for Isis's Bane: Tar'Chell's Wrath
shit fic don't read
Majerus chapter 15 . 1/29
Wow... that was a great finish! Excellent way to give Harry closure, nicely done.
Majerus chapter 14 . 1/29
I dunno, at least it's not He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Finally-Destroyed-By-Harry-Potter-Day... ;)

Epic battle, great fight scene and a fitting finish... for now?
Majerus chapter 13 . 1/29
Intense!
Majerus chapter 11 . 1/28
Cool battle, and the Alliance will grow in numbers but become a single front war :/
Huh... end raises lots of questions!
Majerus chapter 10 . 1/28
Wow that is some curse!
Pretty cool security measure though - dark as hell but ya gotta love them ruthless Russkies ;)
Majerus chapter 9 . 1/28
Dang, you Really want Sirius to work for it!
Given the number of remaing chapters I can assume that you were safe from the fire, for which I am glad.
Majerus chapter 8 . 1/28
Eesh! It's almost a reverse of HP: Voldy/Anubis is the one doing the evasive attacks upon the establishment.

Good Stuff
Majerus chapter 6 . 1/28
Oh wow, from "immortal" Voldy to ? Anubis... well done!
Majerus chapter 3 . 1/28
Nice!
Excellent characters :)
Majerus chapter 2 . 1/28
Damn! Talk about a foreboding finish!
Definitely compelling stuff though, well done.
Majerus chapter 1 . 1/28
"
At least here he had a ship and a bed...
"
The theme song to Firefly, "...can't take the sky from me..." ran through my head, lol.

I do think you've done a great job of portraying "noble Harry", I look forward to seeing if they can talk him into trusting them!
deitarionSSokolow chapter 15 . 10/10/2016
While my first impression has been diluted somewhat, the story didn't manage to climb back to a 4 out of 5 in the remaining chapters, so it get a 3.5.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 10 . 10/10/2016
VERY unsatisfying for Sirius to lose his memories before meeting Harry in the tonal context this story has built up over the first 9 chapters.

With those memories wiped, it doesn't feel like the same character which means, from a literary theory point of view, there's all of this build-up, then "Sirius, the character" dies and trickles back to semi-life.

Given that, by the end of this chapter, the "finally meeting" portion has passed, that means that you've effectively skipped over the scene where Harry and "Sirius, the character" finally meet, leaving the reader horribly unsatisfied. This will knock an entire star off my rating for the story.

(I'll be rating it a 3 out of 5 rather than a 4 out of 5, which would be 0 rather than 1 on the more intuitive "-2 to 2" rating system I put together for a future project... for scale, keep in mind that -2 is literally unreadable and -1 generally means "so horrendously OOC that they're OCs in disguise and/or writing so dull you wind up reading the first few words of each paragraph as you skim past scene after scene.")

Also, titling the chapter "Binding" in combination with that really spoiled the mood because I spent the whole chaper cringing back as I waited for Harry to somehow have his magic bound as wizards attempted to enact the "keep him safe" cliché.
Azaira chapter 9 . 5/2/2016
While I've been loving the story so far, I do thing the memory curse was way overdoing it.
Aren't government guys supposed to be saving the memories of those they capture for review anyways? Yea, you might like it as part of the plot, but it makes zero sense.