Reviews for One off's that never made it
The Ghostly Minion chapter 17 . 6/20
That's a neat sort of rufuge that Harry's found. I don't know how much more use he can make of it, though. It's great that Hermione found her way in there too.

Their mutual confession of love for the other of course, is a fine way to get them to take off the blinders.

Hermione's comment about Daffy Duck is a classic, as is Neville's confusion.

Ron is really in character here IMHO. I can see them simply tuning him out. He clearly forgot that Hermione did chose Harry when he deserted them on the hunt. Glad that this time they have kept that in perspective.

One imagines a similar scene up coming with Ginny in the Great Hall.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 13 . 6/20
Again here, broomstick gives the lie to those who say she only writes the same story over and over.

We have a good and forthright Ginny and though Molly and Ron are definitely bad guys, there is no revenge, no bashing. Ginny goes the extra mile to ensure that Harry and Hermione are free of the potions and can escape.

One thing that is typical in the broomstick repertoire is crossed signals and the fun of getting them back on track.

The mansion cleaning service is an admittedly odd choice for a career, but works it they don't really want to stay too connected to the BWW.

All in all, a good story and one hopes that Ginny will find someone with whom she'll be content and even happy.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 14 . 5/19
Harry had had all he could stand. Clearly the eight years of knowing Hermione and falling in love with her simply came to a head. Although, to have a Slytherin no less ask Hermione out could only have been seen as insulting.

It would be interesting to know a bit more about her feelings and why they came into focus for her at the Yule Ball. As she wrote it, something caused Hermione to push aside her feelings. Sounds like she thought there was never a good time to confront the feelings and him. But then why not in their last year? Just inertia?

Ginny has only herself to blame for Harry's proposal. Obviously, she still thinks there is a relationship where there is no longer one. All she did was to nudge Harry into giving full expression to his feelings. Amusingly enough, causing Hermione to face facts.

It might have been a fitting ending had they both received detentions and been banned from Hogsmeade for cutting class!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 5 . 5/18
This is an interesting treatment of the 'back to the future' theme.

There are a few problems that escaped the final look through, although I for one have found that you just learn to ignore it, it is merely part of the broomstick flyer charm.

The mention of the Three Broomsticks, of course, a slip. An open question is why the cottage is not repaired if Harry and Hermione have been married for two years. Surely, if there was not enough money in the Potter vault, a grateful nation would have paid for the restoration.

While the hitting of the Time Turner explains how James and Lily survived, it doesn't explain Harry's survival or Voldemort's vanquishment.

For me, this is OK, I love the way she would take an idea, flesh it out a bit, then leave the rest to our imaginations. It's one of her more imaginative brainwaves and I bless her memory for it.

Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 24 . 4/30
This one is by far my Favorite because though it may sound silly i have always hoped that there was another half to me out there.
I never got around to reading these...I prefer a COMPLETED story.
Because of Merlinsaprentice1's announcement, I am now rereading everything Broomstick ever wrote- - - including the unfinished stories.
She was one of my FAVORITE of "Favorite Authors".
I really enjoyed reading her stories. I wish I could thank her once again for writing such wonderful stories.
RIP Broomstick...you are missed.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 3 . 3/28
This is not a case of any sort of bashing. What it is is a case of two people both suffering a case of lack of Gryffindor courage when it came to sharing their feeling for the other.

Ron is really like that, just look at canon, Ron and Hermione as a couple truly should never have been.

When Harry awakens, his response is not bashing. In many stories in bf's opus, Harry worries if Hermione would compare him to Ron sexually and find him lacking. In those stories, she reassures him that she is a virgin; not possible here. And with children, it is going to stare it in his face, seemingly forever. This is Harry's trouble with self esteem, self worth dating back to being the freak under the stairs.

I am not surprised, that Harry develops a relationship with her children. It is not in his nature to condemn the innocent for the crimes of others. If there is a surprise, it is that the children cured Harry of his issues with Hermione.

The ending is simply Harmony, in the best broomstick flyer way.

D. Page Robin, in mourning
The Ghostly Minion chapter 2 . 3/28
This story is a great corrective to those 'readers' of bf who don't seem to understand what they've read.

Unlike the stereotype, it is Hermione who is insightful and guides Harry to feelings he didn't know he had. Of course, once her realizes both his feelings and hers, he acts on them immediately in typical fashion.

I am sure the old cry about 'Weasley bashing' will be raised. I don't think it's the case. Where in canon does Ron ever not respond to statement 'A' by Hermione with 'not A'?

It you don't think that a Ron, paricularly a Ron who assumes marriage with Hermione is 'the way it should be' wouldn't be moved to physical violance, then you need to reread the chapter in DH where Ron deserts them one more time.

Both Harry's reaction and truth telling to Ron are spot on. His decision to exclude Ron from Grimmauld and the subsequent estrangement with the Weasleys are perfectly reasonable.

The last line is a pure bf zinger and perfect.

D. Page Robin, in mourning
The Ghostly Minion chapter 24 . 2/17
I really want to like this story, but find I can't. It simply sorts too oddly.

First, her marriage to Ron is stopped by the Maker, which is certainly OK by me, sometimes Harry and Hermione need more help than they have within themselves.

BUT, He goes on to say that she is the victim of potions on the one hand, but says her rational side is at fault for letting things get this far, on the other. But don't love potions dull out your mental facilities, so how can she be anything but a victim here?

I am taking her return to the point of 'the kiss' in the Battle to being both a trip back in time and a freeing from the potions. If you accept this, things work fine for me from that point.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 21 . 2/17
I'll say it again, Hermione Granger is rational person. She is so rational that she listens to that rationality over her heart. Since JKR hints very strongly in canon that she has some self-esteem issues, one can see that she has a poor mix and a bad synergy.

It's good to see a rational, perceptive empathic Weasley. One hopes that George will find all the love and support he needs to live, not just survive.

Ron is Ron here. I don't think that it is bashing to think he's operating completely like a 19 year old man would, if his girlfriend said she was waiting for ring before giving him the last favors. In fact a lot of young men like him would simply have dropped her for that stance.

Kudos for a fast acting Helen to save the day.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 16 . 2/17
Other than your inexplicable love affair with the surname 'Puckle', I've only good things to say!

Yes, yes, I imagine it is a name near and dear to you, but still... 8)

The Ghostly Minion chapter 12 . 2/17
You have to love it when Hermione takes charge! Yes, she was right to apologize and make up for sixth year. I'm glad to see that they both finally realized the other's feelings. Again, this is a case of mutual blindness.

The scene with the Dursleys is a hoot. They never did think about what having an angry magical or two might imply for their well-being.

I fervently hop the upshot to this fic. is a trip to a Justice of the peace, for a wedding.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 10 . 2/17
I love this story, right from the beginning. To resign his job to be able to get to Hermione faster is simply pure Harry. I like the hint in Neville's letter that he too had fallen in love with her. Makes total sense to me. When I read fics in which Harry ends up with someone else, I usually hope Hermione and Neville end up together.

One thing that I don't understand is why Neville doesn't ID Hermione to St. Mungo's, contact the Weasleys, and the Grangers. While it is dramatic as you have set it up, the time frame fails you. You're implying several weeks, if months having passed. Your action makes much more sense if less than two weeks have gone by to the point Harry rescues her from the ward.

For Ron to have done something like that, even accidentally makes sense. Even if they were engaged, the insecure little boy part of Ron would impel him to this or similar.

Harry's actions are perfect in here. And in character,
given the same message, he would have done the same for any of his friends. For Hermione, it is a matter of degree.

Harry's confession to Hermione as he bathed her, is so full of his love for her and is heart-rending. It is wonder that he kept that from her all that time. Certainly, he couldn't have done so to Ron, his insecurities and jealously would have informed him. For Ron, it would inform his relationship with Hermione, but not be something he would ever actually tell her.

Their mutual confession at the end is very fluffy. As usual, you have have both clueless but each other and sixteen times too noble-if that is bashing it is bashing both equally.

A lot of fun.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 8 . 2/17
This is so fun! I love your stories in which the wall between the characters and the author break down.

There are very few instances of the implied pairings before HBP. I can only think of two: Hermione hugs Ron when he says they'll help her with Buckbeck's defense, and then when Hermione's Patronus is an otter. Neither are particularly compelling. I will not go into it in depth now. Note that I do not count the movies as canonical in any way, shape, form or smell!

Your characterization of the series is totally apt and parallels my thinking too.

Fun and with a bite.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 6 . 2/17
Well, yes, this is a bit of bashing. However, it is not particularly gratuitous. This is just another way to grapple with what I call 'the sixth year conundrum'.

Our protagonists' behavior that year, and then extending to the end of DH never really made much sense. To me, canon from that point has always been artificial and JKR's revelations make it all the clearer. Potions are as good a reason to explain what happened at any and for those who would decry the concept, remember, JKR put it into canon, so don't blame us if we explore the idea.

I like Rose as Harry and Hermione's child, their 'love child', in all senses of the term.

The ending makes all the sense in the world and I find it very satisfying.