Reviews for One off's that never made it
desireejones99 chapter 25 . 10/17
not bashing as that was the only way they could have ended up in those ships so Ron ginny and Molly got what they deserved just much later than it should have been figured out
The Ghostly Minion chapter 32 . 10/19/2015
A nice and fluffy way to torpedo the OBHWF trope. Clearly, something clicked in Hermione to decide to take Harry's acceptance of her 'proposal' seriously. I always felt the love was there, but that they never really put it together in canon.

Wish bf were here to read my 'Bravo!'

The Ghostly Minion chapter 31 . 10/19/2015
A very nice example of the 'going no magical' us genera. Coupled with the idea of using conventional weapons made for a good read.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 30 . 10/19/2015
Even if others at Hogwarts are as bad as Ron, his artlessness is what finally tipped the scale. This is addition by subtraction and one hopes his wand was snapped and magic bound.

Good to get them all out of Britain, it and Voldemort can sot themselves out.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 27 . 10/19/2015
There are time when the truth just has to come out, consequences be damned. This was one of them.

Hermione would have never allowed herself to have continued with Ron when she knew it was a lie. Ron's reaction is pure canon, including the cruel humor he found in Hermione's missing Hary's feelings for her.

I like the ending. No immediate falling into each other's arms. The entire dynamic of their relationship changed. Now they need to figure out what they have and where to go from there.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 7 . 10/19/2015
This story is also a stand alone. Pity it's both, but I'm not repeating that review.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
She gave us here a wonderful little story, flilled with her humor.

From Harry hiding in plain sight as Dudley to the costume to get into Gringotts. Then the byplay with the goblins.

Harry marrys Hermione without a clue about the physical side of love, a bf classic.

No great issues, just fluffy, sweet Harmony.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 17 . 6/20/2015
That's a neat sort of rufuge that Harry's found. I don't know how much more use he can make of it, though. It's great that Hermione found her way in there too.

Their mutual confession of love for the other of course, is a fine way to get them to take off the blinders.

Hermione's comment about Daffy Duck is a classic, as is Neville's confusion.

Ron is really in character here IMHO. I can see them simply tuning him out. He clearly forgot that Hermione did chose Harry when he deserted them on the hunt. Glad that this time they have kept that in perspective.

One imagines a similar scene up coming with Ginny in the Great Hall.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 13 . 6/20/2015
Again here, broomstick gives the lie to those who say she only writes the same story over and over.

We have a good and forthright Ginny and though Molly and Ron are definitely bad guys, there is no revenge, no bashing. Ginny goes the extra mile to ensure that Harry and Hermione are free of the potions and can escape.

One thing that is typical in the broomstick repertoire is crossed signals and the fun of getting them back on track.

The mansion cleaning service is an admittedly odd choice for a career, but works it they don't really want to stay too connected to the BWW.

All in all, a good story and one hopes that Ginny will find someone with whom she'll be content and even happy.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 14 . 5/19/2015
Harry had had all he could stand. Clearly the eight years of knowing Hermione and falling in love with her simply came to a head. Although, to have a Slytherin no less ask Hermione out could only have been seen as insulting.

It would be interesting to know a bit more about her feelings and why they came into focus for her at the Yule Ball. As she wrote it, something caused Hermione to push aside her feelings. Sounds like she thought there was never a good time to confront the feelings and him. But then why not in their last year? Just inertia?

Ginny has only herself to blame for Harry's proposal. Obviously, she still thinks there is a relationship where there is no longer one. All she did was to nudge Harry into giving full expression to his feelings. Amusingly enough, causing Hermione to face facts.

It might have been a fitting ending had they both received detentions and been banned from Hogsmeade for cutting class!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 5 . 5/18/2015
This is an interesting treatment of the 'back to the future' theme.

There are a few problems that escaped the final look through, although I for one have found that you just learn to ignore it, it is merely part of the broomstick flyer charm.

The mention of the Three Broomsticks, of course, a slip. An open question is why the cottage is not repaired if Harry and Hermione have been married for two years. Surely, if there was not enough money in the Potter vault, a grateful nation would have paid for the restoration.

While the hitting of the Time Turner explains how James and Lily survived, it doesn't explain Harry's survival or Voldemort's vanquishment.

For me, this is OK, I love the way she would take an idea, flesh it out a bit, then leave the rest to our imaginations. It's one of her more imaginative brainwaves and I bless her memory for it.

Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 24 . 4/30/2015
This one is by far my Favorite because though it may sound silly i have always hoped that there was another half to me out there.
Guest chapter 33 . 4/11/2015
I never got around to reading these...I prefer a COMPLETED story.
Because of Merlinsaprentice1's announcement, I am now rereading everything Broomstick ever wrote- - - including the unfinished stories.
She was one of my FAVORITE of "Favorite Authors".
I really enjoyed reading her stories. I wish I could thank her once again for writing such wonderful stories.
RIP are missed.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 3 . 3/28/2015
This is not a case of any sort of bashing. What it is is a case of two people both suffering a case of lack of Gryffindor courage when it came to sharing their feeling for the other.

Ron is really like that, just look at canon, Ron and Hermione as a couple truly should never have been.

When Harry awakens, his response is not bashing. In many stories in bf's opus, Harry worries if Hermione would compare him to Ron sexually and find him lacking. In those stories, she reassures him that she is a virgin; not possible here. And with children, it is going to stare it in his face, seemingly forever. This is Harry's trouble with self esteem, self worth dating back to being the freak under the stairs.

I am not surprised, that Harry develops a relationship with her children. It is not in his nature to condemn the innocent for the crimes of others. If there is a surprise, it is that the children cured Harry of his issues with Hermione.

The ending is simply Harmony, in the best broomstick flyer way.

D. Page Robin, in mourning
The Ghostly Minion chapter 2 . 3/28/2015
This story is a great corrective to those 'readers' of bf who don't seem to understand what they've read.

Unlike the stereotype, it is Hermione who is insightful and guides Harry to feelings he didn't know he had. Of course, once her realizes both his feelings and hers, he acts on them immediately in typical fashion.

I am sure the old cry about 'Weasley bashing' will be raised. I don't think it's the case. Where in canon does Ron ever not respond to statement 'A' by Hermione with 'not A'?

It you don't think that a Ron, paricularly a Ron who assumes marriage with Hermione is 'the way it should be' wouldn't be moved to physical violance, then you need to reread the chapter in DH where Ron deserts them one more time.

Both Harry's reaction and truth telling to Ron are spot on. His decision to exclude Ron from Grimmauld and the subsequent estrangement with the Weasleys are perfectly reasonable.

The last line is a pure bf zinger and perfect.

D. Page Robin, in mourning