Reviews for Native Son
Kipcha chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Wow, I actually really liked this fic. It's so hard to find quality Joker fics because it is something that is so polluted by Mary-sues, pointless Joker/Harley fics and the weird Batman slash. I'm forever looking for something that is actually in character and this most certainly fits the bill.

Good job, really enjoyed it!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I love the Joker . . . he's a brilliant guy, really.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
You have captured the Joker perfectly.:)

And Gotham is the perfect place to be discovered.:)
Computerfreak101 chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
I read this once, and thought it was quite good. Read it twice and faved. Now I'm reading it a third time since I have nothing to do in school, and figured it was about time I dropped a review.

Like all of your Joker-centric stuff, I love your take on it. The origins of the Joker are so varied, sometimes something as simple as him being born and raised in Gotham seems to be overlooked, a lot. It's all about the scars, or the chemical bath, or whatever, but that's what makes me love this story, because I don't see this kind of concept focused on a lot, and it seems to work even better when it's Ledger!Joker. I could quote a lot of lines that I like, but my favorite is how you described Gotham, all the little details, like his school and the twice-broken back, and such. Favorite line was what you used for the summary.

Keep the Joker stuff coming, you write him very well.

~ Compy
Old-Wives-Tale chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Yay that was good. I'd like to see the part where he first puts on the paint though, and discovers what he's going to call himself. It'd also be cool to hear his thoughts when he first fights Batman or something. I dunno, these are just things I think would be cool to see in a later story if you write any more. This one was amazing though, my favorite one you've written for Batman.
Mizamour chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Awesome! I always love your character pieces!
NicolinaN chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Everything I've read from you is fantastic and I've enjoyed it immensely. And this too. Great little characterisation. Loved the details on his hunched back and his walk. Loved his love for his city.

*and getting ahead while you still have one.'

Took me a while before I got it. :D

And PLEASE write more for Batman Begins!

Nic.
lyla chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
fucking fantastic. i've hardly read a better portrayal of the joker. you waste absolutely no words. I love the way you describe his way of thinking here; the lightheartedness, the self-centredness, his interest in the city coupled with the utter indifference to/lack of sympathy for its people, etc. A true picture of a sociopath, but without sliding into either horror or comedy (although the understated details *are* horrible, and it is funny - the Joker 2, pedestrians 0 especially made me laugh). And all the while you never stray from the story line, the description of his relationship to the city... man, you're talented. (um. soon i'll be using more words for the review than you did for the story, forgive me...) and it looks so *effortless* too! (you bastard! :p)
Vaetra chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Excellent oneshot! I really like the idea of the Joker growing up in Gotham, and feeling obligated to give it a better class of criminal. It makes... sense in a way. And the image of him sitting alone in a room, shuffling an incomplete pack of cards was really powerful, for some reason. Great job!
PineappleGrenade chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
This is amazing, I really loved it. You have a wonderful way of wording things like 'heads with the chicken cut off' and the whole tone of this was just the right amount of surreal. Gave a really nice insight into Joker's mind as well. Perfect. XD
SaJi chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Eww~~ Very nice.
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Funny, I remember reading your stuff a long time ago - "Whose Lair is it Anyway?" has to be one of my favorite stories of all time, and your fanfiction is equally enjoyable.

Now, to my great pleasure, you are writing Batman fiction as well. I enjoyed this one shot a lot. It was quiet and contemplative, with a lot of really nice little things - like the fear gas that didn't effect him, the deck of carks, Joker - 2, Pedestrians - 0. Priceless, all of them.

Thanks for writing this, and keep up the good work!