Reviews for Masks
Kinda sad and I did want more but this would be a good beginning to a story merely because they don't jump the gun into romance.
Mythika chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
(I'd like more though... o_ö)
Kuroya chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Aww, I wish you'd left the extra bit in. :( Of course, I might think otherwise if you hadn't mentioned that there was originally more to this, but it seems to end too abruptly, with nothing really being resolved. If you still have the extra that was meant to be part of this, maybe you could post it as an optional second chapter? I'd like to read it, though that's partially because I prefer to see my favorite characters happy rather than miserable. p

"You cannot possibly know the pain of unrequited love; to know that you are always second in her thoughts to another." This seems terribly ironic, since Yuffie does know that pain all too well, knowing that no matter how much she loves him, he will always be thinking of Lucrecia. I'm frankly surprised that Vincent didn't notice this irony as he spoke the words. For him, everyone else IS second to Lucrecia in his mind, and always will be, or at least until he learns to let go (which could take a long time or not even happen at all). So he is really the last person who should be saying things like that.

I like angry!Yuffie in this. Seems like Vincent caused her to finally snap and lose her patience. :) Not that I blame her; she's obviously very hurt and frustrated.

Ugh, sometimes I'm so mad at Lucrecia. I wonder if she had any idea how badly she would end up destroying Vincent. Did she not care? Or was she seduced by science, too fascinated by it to stop herself? Would she not have done it if she'd known how he'd end up? Somehow I don't think so. I don't think she loved him, I think she was just fascinated by him, in the same way that she would be fascinated by an interesting experiment. I think she WANTED to do what she did to him, because of her morbid fascination, not even considering his feelings or the torture he would likely suffer for the rest of his long life. The consequences, to her, were meaningless, as long as she got to satisfy her morbid fascination. She wasn't truly all that good of a person imo.

Heh, I tend to ramble a lot, sorry. Anyway, I like having hope for the future. And I think that there IS hope for Vincent and Yuffie; they just need a bit of a push in the right direction. I think he could, and would, find happiness with her, if only for a short time, though his guilt would always be there, festering beneath the surface. I don't think it's too far-fetched to think of them ending up together, at least for a time. Besides, he knows that Yuffie does what Yuffie wants, and little, if anything, can stop her. And Yuffie DOES know what she wants. So, while it's probably a little more "realistic" to think of Vincent living out the rest of his life wallowing in loneliness and guilt, there's still a possibility that he could break the cycle and find some peace- even if it was only temporary. I'd like to think that happiness is always possible if we're determined to find it. :)

Keep up the good work! :)
fhclause chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Ouch. That hurts.

But I think it's good. An eye opener for Mr. Valentine... v
LiveLifeLikeNeverBefore chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Great work, shows how easily Yuffie can trick everyone, even Vincent!

Luv from a Mutt.
Fabelie chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Yay! Very good. This story makes me smile, even though its a little sad. It's very good.
Bmonti chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
ok its so sad and yet i like it so i'm asking you do do a Chap 2 pleas
JingYee chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Stupid Vinny. D;
BethylIsLove chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I love this! I wish there was more.
MinnieMouse8990 chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
this is hot. lmao no seriously i love how it was planned out. and i like how she sorta got the last word when she showed him how much she loves him. great oneshot ]
iamhermionemalfoy chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
You just made me cry.
yukiee jun. - x.chibininja chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Wow... that was one amazing story. Even without 'oh-vince-and-yuffie-making-out!'-ness, you can tell Vincent really cares: " ...and you don’t speak to me anymore.”

Love this one shot, I really enjoyed it. I think you could even add to it, with it's slightly ambiguous ending, but it's your decision.

Thanks for this story, and keep on writing.
T. Costa chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Well, Lynn, you know me - I don't normally review, and I don't normally like angst where Yuffie and Vincent are concerned, but good God did I love this. It's what the Yuffentine fandom is missing severely - proper grammar, good spelling, and even better, amazing characterization. I love it, really. It's good as-is.

*scurries off to read Convergence*
penscritch chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Beautiful depiction of Yuffie. I've always thought of her as one of those characters who actually know quite a bit, but don't show it. Sure, before Advent Children, she might have been a bit immature. But since Advent Children and certainly after Dirge of Cerberus, I think she definitely matured. Otherwise she would not have been able to lead her part of WRO so well. It's nice to see Yuffie get the attention she deserves. But Vincent's another case entirely, that stubborn angst-bucket. *dunks him in the sea* He really needs to get over that Lucrecia-complex he has; it's out of date, and Lucrecia has VERY misguided intentions. He needs someone smart, like Yuffie (who is also not emotionally challenged). XD Great ficcie!
Valentine'sNinja chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Now I want to cry, thanks for that. But I guess I'm a big cry baby either way and that's not your fault. Anyway, lovely fic with just the right amount of angst. Poor Yuffie, why can't Vincent just see that Lucrecia isn't the only woman in his world? I think you're one of the best authors here on this site, and I know it's not the first time I say it, but I always look forward to anything you may give us. Wonderful job with this fic!