Reviews for Rounds
Fran L chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Aw, so lovely! What a gorgeous character piece. Your take on Lucille's death is lovely too, really sets up the seeds of IR. Poor Jeff!

You write beautifully :) Thanks for sharing.
chocolatelover1 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Aww... How sad, but very cute!
cathrl chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
I don't know how I missed this the first time!

Excellently written, and a different take on the backstory - I'm not sure about the medical stuff here, it sounds like a stunningly short labour and where's the placenta as Jeff removes baby? Probably still inside Lucille. But that's a nitpick. One more, along the same lines - "somehow" always sounds as if the author means "I know this is implausible but I need for it to happen anyway." It's best just left out - the sentence says the same and it's much less obvious.

Hey, we're all crackers. Thunderbirds is addictive. I blame Shane Rimmer's voice, personally. And, as Thunderbirds authors go, I'll tell you now that you are very much towards the young end :)

Great writing. Will definitely keep my eyes open for more from you.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Haa ha... Am I said mate?

I don't think you're crackers, honest. C'mon, I'd be one to talk, wouldn't I?

This fic is really good. Very sweet and full lovely character studies. I'm still struggling to get past the fact that they are puppets, but I bet if I started watching endless Thunderbirds on TV it would spark off that weird little thing in my head that forces me to write fanfic. You know what, to make you feel better, I'm going to watch my Captain Scarlett boxset and no doubt I'll be posting Mysteron fics before you know it.

Anyway, back to your fic. It's very nicely written and clever as it is circular - Jeff thinking about all of his sons, back to the youngest and them round again to the present. It works on many different levels.

Well done you! x
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
That was wonderful. I cried all the way through, and I'm not joking here. In fact I'm still sniffing and wiping at my eyes now as I type this review. The subtle but powerful emotional changes you made as Jeff took us through the accident...it was beautiful. And combining the two theories - that she died during childbirth and that she died in an accident - using both was a stroke of pure genius. And it just seemed so right, too. And, after all the emotional content, the last line was a pleasant but fitting light-relief, and it made me smile. Daddy-Tracy needs to make sure his boys are okay. Just like big brother Scott does. Perfect.

I loved this story, and I hope you intend to write more fiction in the future. Thanks for putting this up for us, pal!
TangoBravoZulu chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Beautiful! It had me laughing and in tears at the end. Very well done. TBZ
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
I usually don't like version of TB where Lucy died in childbirth, but I do this one. Having Lucy fatally injured in a tragic accident but living long enough to give birth to Alan - life from a horrible tragedy...nice. I also like that the "rounds" were basically a family tradition. Well done.
minstrelsy chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
I liked the idea of rounds, and also your characterisation

for each of the boys - of course Gordon was for fun!
Blackness chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Hello. WOW! I love it. The characters are so accurate and the way you write is very good. Please write more like this, I love it when a story focuses on all the brothers. Great Job.