Reviews for The Never Series
onaleia chapter 6 . 9/13/2013
Hi, I enjoyed both stories. I wanted to suggest if you have any friends or acquaintances in computer programming that your game sounds like something unique and well-developed and doable.
gravity01 chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
Lol. That was a fabulous ending. I thought jareth's nemises gave up kind of anticlimatically... but I've known enough guys who have that exact same reaction to crying women. "Gee... gah! Don't cry! I'll apologize... for... something. Ill give you anything. Here, you want my car? Credit card? Just stop crying!" Okay... maybe I'm exaggerating. But, still, I guess the guy's acquiescence wasn't too much of a stress. If ever there was a good time for Sarah to let go if her pride and composure... that was it.

Still can't believe he was willing to sacrifice Meg, though. What a jerk.

The piece of soul thing was cute.

And the last line... loved it!

Wonderful job. Id love it for you to add another story now ;)
gravity01 chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
Outstanding. I really hope be doesn't hurt her after all she's told him. She mentioned two other men in the beginning... I wonder what the deal was there or if it was just the same thing. It really does seem like Jareth might be another bad decision on her part, especially given everything he just admitted. But, like she said, she was already loveless and bitter... so maybe she doesn't have much to lose.

If nothing else, she'll at least have a good pet during the day. So... you know... there's always that.
gravity01 chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Aw. That was sweet and sad. I hope he doesn't do what uncle dillsby predicted. That's the last thing poor Sarah needs.

The part about chocolate was pretty funny, though. He's right... she's not very romantic. Even I thought it was a LITTLE bit romantic until he gave the answer 'I like making women happy'... which pretty much ruined it. Not exactly the "I'm desperately in love with you and would do anything for you" declaration that should follow such an offer. Oh well. He's got scars of his own, I guess.
gravity01 chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Loving this.

It's funny, really... I remember growing up thinking huskies were these gigantic wolf-like dogs. Then I grew up and moved to Alaska and was like... gee, those guys aren't very big at all! I guess being an adult gives you a better prospective (everything looks so much bigger to a kid!). Besides... a hundred pound dog wouldn't have the speed/endurance to pull a sled very far, which I suppose is not something people give a lot of thought to. Still, I remember having a similar train of thought at some point.

My other thought: Wouldn't this be the best time to try out one of those canine-DNA tests? I just learned about those. Seems like something that would be fun to try if I ever had a hundred dollars to burn. I always wondered what my poodlish shelter dog was really made of. If I had a gigantic mystery dog following me around, I'd totally spend the money. Just to see what happened.

Anyway... yeah... my brains all over the place at the moment. I'm liking the story, though. You write 'mystery' very well. And I like that she hasn't immediately fallen for him. She's still wandering around in this abstract 'WTH is this really happening or am I going crazy' sense. I feel for her. You kind of want to yell at her to DO something... but, honestly, what's she going to do? She could call animal control to her house, but they may or may not believe her anyway. SHE'S not even sure she believes herself. I mean, how do you explain "There's a wolf in my house that's a total cuddle-bug and I'm not at all being eaten." And I bet he'd do something sneaky like disappear if the police or someone arrived.

At least he hasn't peed in the house. That's probably made her more tolerant of him.

Petting his head was cute, though. Dogs do have the habit of growing on people awfully quick.
gravity01 chapter 2 . 4/8/2013
Lol. This one is great. I see its not a oneshot, which is good because I wouldn't know what to make of the ending. Ill read the rest and then comment. Ill tell you, though, that I'm loving how bizarre and unique this is. And the dog-that-wont-leave scenario is cool and creepy. I wonder if that was already an animal form for him or if he appeared that way because she was considering a dog.
gravity01 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Holy cow, that was amazing. You write tension so well. Sarah's conflicted emotions of berating herself for bad decisions and their dubious consequences. Fighting near oppressive panic, yet oddly pleased to be chased. And the nearly separate personality of "the brat". Makes you picture and angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other like in those old cartoons.

Jareth's intensity was equally well written. I loved the line "Old. Very, very old." When referring to his true self. That animalistic primal-ness was so well described. It makes me terribly curious about what he's like when he's not chasing "prey". I mean, he's obviously not the elegant aristocrat that she remembered him as... but I wonder what he's like when he's not in the middle of a 'hunt'. They can't spend all day every day in bed, after all... unless that's what the bonds were for and that was literally his intention. That'd be disturbing... yet unsurprising.

The knife sharpening scene was oddly terrifying. You just sort of assume he wants her... but suddenly it occurs that he could just as easily murder or torture her if he felt like it. THAT would've been a dark twist! But, I'm glad you didn't end up going there. Still, creepy! I mean, the only thing she knows for sure is that pretty much everything she thought about him was wrong.

As you can see, you've got my mind swimming with "what ifs". You're amazing.

She probably should've stayed in populated areas... you know, like you're supposed to if someone is following you. She definitely fled like a person who wanted to get caught. Good thing his intentions weren't of the axe-murderer variety.

Great job. On to the other stories!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
oh well sarah couldn't resist for long anyways ;)
MayGirl85 chapter 6 . 2/21/2013
Nice little story :)
Lcsaf chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
Isaac is a creep. Glad that was taken care of. I wonder what's next for the Never Series?
JillyBean09 chapter 6 . 7/7/2012
I really loved both stories that you wrote. The first one was so primal, and definitely incorporated a lot of the older myths dating back to all those rituals used by the celts, and other worshipers of the Fae, etc. The next one was just plain adorable! Love your writing style, and can't wait to see what else you have. :)
LunarMidnight chapter 6 . 12/24/2011
hehehe this was goood :o) x
PixieScript chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
This is lovely, I'm adoring Werewolf!Jareth. Even if he isn't actually a werewolf, but eh. I particularly like how you have him very much in wolf form, but human(?) mind. And the ex-husband made me giggle. I also like your supporting character in Meg. Poor Sarah needs more people to help her bear the load of implicit madness in her life. Eagerly reading forwards!
killira chapter 4 . 7/2/2011
i like this werewolf story much better than the first chapter, wolf jareth sounds pretty awesome.

Especially when he makes pirates of the Caribbean references
misunderstoodemon chapter 6 . 2/24/2011
Very nice story - I definitely liked the AU. You're definitely right, don't see many of those. Please keep it up if you feel so inclined, and you have my best wishes for the future, whatever it may hold.

misunderstoodemon