Reviews for Gonna Be A Rock N' Roll Star
guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
This is great, love the idea and the writing and characters are perfect. MORE OF THIS! I COMMAND YOU!
StarKid McFly chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Hi! :D
So I found you on tumblr today (thank you for the follow!) and decided to check out your fics, and I am not disappointed!
This is really cute, I really like it. I love how you've characterised Jack and Bobby and Evelyn, and you've really got into the thirteen year old mentality and I just love it. :D

Rocky
xx
Crow22 chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
another chapter would be great o.0
Nikki.Neurotic chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
This is actually kinda cute..watch as she gets older and gets those braces taken out she'll be a total hottie and everyone will want her v.v but she'll only like Jack her knight in shining armor
blissedoutvixen chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Cool, I'm glad we got to see this bit from ciggarettes and chocolate milk.
tk-fan-4ever chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
dude this is so not a oneshot! and u should totally finish it!

awsome story by the by!)
JustineAme chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
lovely story!
some blue december chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
She had to give him credit, it was at least a little more realistic than when Bobby told her she never had to work a day in her life again because some guys had offered him a cut of some deal. He was sixteen at the time and she never did find out just what it was he was talking about. She always figured that was for the best. - Lol, only Bobby.

"Nah, not yet," he admitted. - I love the "not yet", as though it's only a matter of time.

"What, like The New Kids on the Block or some gay shit like that?" - Hahaha, I love the NKOTB reference.

Jack shook his head. "Nah, his parents pulled him outta school after you busted his arm. Nobody's botherin' me, I swear. Besides, I can hold my own." - Despite how long it's been, I actually remembered something about this in WYOS. I did go back to reread it, though, lol. Anyway, I like the tie in.

"Hey, Jackiepoo," Bobby yelled up the stairs. "I'll give you a ride to school tomorrow. How's that sound?"

"Fuck you, Bobby," Jack answered back.

"Be ready by seven-thirty."

"Go to hell."

"I love you too, little bro." Bobby turned around and winked at Evelyn. "See, Ma, all better." - This is just the Jack/Bobby dialogue I was talking about in another review. I love it, lol.

Sigh. I love how persistent Kathy becomes in her crush and how almost uncomfortable Jack is about it. Yet he still stands up for her 3
writersblock242 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Bobby is one to talk about New Kids on the Block. D
marora chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Aw! He's a sweety! And when Bobby finds out, he's going to tease him mercilessly. Oh this is just too funny.
Rachel-Jane Kensington chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
hmm. very very interesting lol I love the way he gets talked into having lunch with her, even at the bottom of his apathy towards Kathy, he can't help but get defensive over someone helpless. love.

“Hey, Jackiepoo,” Bobby yelled up the stairs. “I’ll give you a ride to school tomorrow. How’s that sound?”

“Fuck you, Bobby,” Jack answered back.

“Be ready by seven-thirty.”

“Go to hell.”

“I love you too, little bro.” Bobby turned around and winked at Evelyn. “See, Ma, all better.”

haha i can so see that. :D I love them so much. Esp the way you write them

-rachel
ClassicalyWrote chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
“you got a problem with bunny rabbits?”

They both stared at each other for a few beats, almost daring the other to breakdown and laugh. Jack lost but Evelyn quickly followed.

“What, like The New Kids on the Block or some gay shit like that?” Bobby asked, shaking his head in amusement. “Pretty sure you’ve got the right stuff for that, princess.”

“I don’t even know what a New Kid on the Block is,” Jack said, a confused look on his face.

“Yes, sweetie, but he’s beating people up in a bar for a living.”

Those lines were my favorite! They had me cracking up bad. I loved this one as well. New Kid's on the block oh man, good reference there. I loved it. :)
gumshoe chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
aw! jacks a sweetheart! :) this made me smile
Marauder and The Q chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
I like Evelyn's subtle reaction; there's a time and a place for passionate responses, and that clearly was not it.

"He seemed to open up much easier when he was distracted with tasks like measuring baking soda and mashing potatoes." - I especially like that bit. I think it's true of most people.

"He said it so seriously and with so much conviction, that Evelyn had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings." - That emphasizes the fact that Evelyn is more than just a saint-like figure whose death sets events in motion; there's a lot going on behind that smile. Her life must have been pretty interesting, too, and I haven't come across too many stories from her perspective. So ... good job there, lol.

"She had to give him credit, it was at least a little more realistic than when Bobby told her she never had to work a day in her life again because some guys had offered him a cut of some deal. He was sixteen at the time and she never did find out just what it was he was talking about. She always figured that was for the best." - LOL. Perfect.

I also like the detail in that not only is the scene not entirely focused on the dialogue, but Evelyn is specifically trying to take the focus off of the conversation. It's easy to stick in actions and call a scene complete, but your Evelyn is so clever. I'm glad she's getting the credit she's due.

"She could tell he was fighting a smile. 'Yeah,' he said defensively as he squared his shoulders, 'you got a problem with bunny rabbits?'” - That's a favorite. It's cute, but not in an eye-rolling way.

Also, I know this one is probably subjective and a little odd, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I didn't get the impression that Evelyn would care what kind of language the guys used; clearly, they've got bigger problems than filthy mouths, you know? So it irks me when she's prim and proper and practically sneezes rainbows. She even swears in the movie, so I don't see why she would mind. So ... thanks for not making her an uptight goody-goody who lectures at the smallest infraction. I just don't see her that way.

"For once, he wasn’t home because of a suspension, but that didn’t make him any less antsy to get back out on the ice and find reasons to hit people." - Another favorite, naturally.

"She glanced at his knuckles – they weren’t bruised and swollen, which meant he’d had a quiet night at work. A fact she knew would piss him off." - I like all the subtle ways she's continually checking in on and looking out for her sons, and how they don't even realize it.

“'How can you be through with school at thirteen? At least I made it to sixteen.'” - I think that's Bobby's way of dispensing advice, lol.

"Jack pointed to Bobby and looked at Evelyn. 'See, told you so. He didn’t get his diploma and I don’t gotta get mine.'

'Yes, sweetie, but he’s beating people up in a bar for a living.'” - Yeah, another favorite. You were just on a roll with this story, weren't you?

“'Okay, so it ain’t someone beating the crap out of you for your milk money.' Bobby started ticking off possible scenarios. 'Teachers giving you a hard time ‘cause you’re a Mercer? You don’t have the right sneakers on or some dumb shit like that? Some dickhead stole your girl? Or guy? Whichever.'"

“'I love you too, little bro.' Bobby turned around and winked at Evelyn. 'See, Ma, all better.'” - Heh, Bobby's way of fixing things is so ... Bobby. Yeah, it's just that. I wonder just what goes on in that frequently-concussed head of his ... Or maybe I'm better off not knowing.

"And the band was really his life; it was like something had woken up inside of him when Evelyn handed him her guitar." - And since nearly every sentence of this review begins with "I like..." I might as well keep that going, so: I like that Evelyn got Jack into the guitar. It just seems right, you know?

"It could have been much worse, but the worrying had worn him out." - Ain't that the truth. *sighs*

"Her braces made her mouth look huge and he’d almost tripped over his own feet the first time she’d flashed that metal smile at him." - That's so mean, but so perfect, lol.

And I love the ending. And I'm glad that I read this, so thanks for the little nudge.

Cheers!
bubbletea4me chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
wow this is fab

this is like really good

i really enjoyed it