Reviews for 20 Random Facts About Tiresius W Boot
fandomsletmego chapter 1 . 7/23
I wasn't planning on reviewing any of your stories until I could think in a more coherent manner, but seeing that Michael and Terry had different numbers of reviews on their stories almost made me cry all over again so there. I must admit I have only read the first of the trilogy, amd have avoided any of the shorter works with warnings for spoilers (much appreciated). I feel that, judging by the wreck DAYD left me in, it would be wise to recover before continuing. I have never cried so much at anything in my life before. I think that my favourite thing about the Harry Potter fandom is the sheer devotion shown to the secondary characters, and this is a perfect example. Knowing that many of them died in the battle, notable Colin Creevey and Lavender Brown, made it all the more terrifying through the first twenty or so chapters. I could barely read through my tears for much of the battle: Michael's death was spectacularly unexpected, and it only got worse. I actually had to set my phone aside and hunt for tissues the moment Colin's name appeared. Don't even get me started on Ernie, or Parvati. I rarely swear, but I was muttering every expletive I know as I read. My hands are still shaking, my bed is covered in tissues, and my sister has decided I have finally gone completely mad. Thank you so much for sharing this work of genius with the internet. You are the sort of writer I aspire to become: the sort who can take even the smallest mention of a name and build it into a world which jumps out of the words and deep into the mind and heart of whoever is reading it. This is truly a story I will never forget.
J. K. Riordan chapter 1 . 1/26
Yes Terry! Die laughing at them, die like a mad scientist! ( But FYI I never wanted you to die in the first place :*( )
ChatterChick chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Mike and Terry have to be my favourite of your characters. And I love the "20 Facts" you did because each of them reads so much like a story on each of their lives. The one-shots that hint at Terry's homelife always leave me wondering what the Boots were thinking! I'm in major denial of their deaths (I like to think all my favourite characters lived happily ever after... I mean, it's been over ten years since JK killed Sirius off and I'm in denial about that too)

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I see a lot of parallels between your Mike and Terry and how I pictured James and Sirius. There are the obvious differences in personality and situations, but I think number 20 when Terry loses it at Mike's death reminded me heavily of Sirius cracking up, hunting down Peter and just laughing when he was arrested. Then there's the concept of the Corners/Potters taking in Terry/Sirius from an abusive family situation. Or that Mike / James were both the spoiled sons of an old pure-blood family. All four of them are quite arrogant and like to play with illegal or questionable magic. Although I do think the friendship itself between Mike/Terry and James/Sirius were quite different.
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
I never really liked/cared about Terry before reading your stories. Now I love him. He's so stupid but so smart, so sweet but so deadly. He is just incredible. His relationships with his uncaring parents and caring Michael are really fascinating and I just love the idea of it.
Break This Spell626 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I wondered through the entire DAYD if Terry and Mike were gay 'cuz it seemed entirely possible and at the same time nowhere near possible.

The last two facts almost made me cry. It was really tragic and yet a completely perfect ending for both of them. Great job.
bulletproofhearts chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Loved loved loved this and all your work.
downstage chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
This is really fantastic; it's very well written, the facts are all great, and the ending is tragic. you really build up a very in depth view of his character and gosh, i just love this :)
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
"he could never quite decide if that was the sexiest or most frustrating thing any woman had ever done to him."

Awesome line. :) This is my favorite of all the 20-Things posts!
goldfish.attack chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Yeah, definitely canon in my head.

I cannot get over how great this whole 'verse it.
Eryk Lestrange chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I should probably re-read DAYD with these in mind
Nao K. Kawasaki chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
As in the other fic, I love Micheal and Terry's relationship.

But that can make it all the more haunting to see the other dead.
MrRobertsIII chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Excellent.
xhpduhx chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
i love tiresius wolfric boot. he is genius. and i can't put into words how sad i am that he.. he died. and mike as well. but i have to say, that how he went out, tipping his head back, welcoming in the stupid giant spiders as he laughed -LAUGHED!- is so him. i see it, i do, after having gone thru all that, and seen his best friend.. dead.. it makes sense for him to laugh. it's sick. for sure. but still. i love him.
lynxzpanther chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Dang it.. the only reason I was almost okay with Terry's death was that I didn't think he'd ever figured out Mike died! That just makes his end ever sadder, especially after the other 19, because now I know that he really could never have lived without Mike.

I can so just picture nine year old Terry staring up at all those adults and wondering how they could be so silly. ) Love that kid.

He didn't need glasses! But, it's Terry! How strange... :D

Yes, things would be much easier for them if they were gay, but for the first time ever in my history as a fangirl, I'm glad that they aren't. They click the way they are. I read the one time try, and it worked, but it didn't. Their relationship is already so intense and so much more close than anything I can picture; it doesn't need to ever be different. It's them. In a really mean way, though, I kinda of never wanted either of them to ever find girls to fall in love with, because it just seems so weird... how could any girl ever measure up to that? But from Mike's point of view, with Padma, it made sense. A little. )

I love Terry's eyes. I also think Terry's better looking than Mike... I'd feel bad, but I think that would make Mike happy, so it's good all around I suppose, isn't it?

secret love for pulp fiction! ~squee~ that's so adorable and hilarious! and your pulp fiction excerpt was amazing, it had me giggling the whole time.

I love their Legilimency... it's almost their trademark, you know? Those two could never find anything about each other that scared them away, they love each other far too much for that. I'm half shocked that Terry did open his mind to Mike like that, though... it seems like it would take a lot of trust, especially considering that his mind has that much darker edge. But I'm also half-unsurprised, because it's Mike, and if Terry can't trust Mike, then he really is all alone... and Mike would never let that happen. )

Yeah, useful skills! Writing with both hands is the one that gets me, because I've thought about ten times in the last two days about how useful that would be in my history studying... I can read mirrored and upside down, but I've never tried reading the two together... I think I could pick it up pretty quick, though; the words just assemble in my head. :D It's only when I'm reading normally that I have issues.

Ah, so there Mrs. Corner is being happy. I knew she'd come to love Terry; there isn't anything really seriously wrong with him, and he's such an amazing boy. Allergic to shrimp, though, how sad.

No... I don't think any of them were really prepared to die except for maybe Ernie, because he really had to think about it, and Neville, because he had to think about everyone. The rest of them thought they were, but they were so young and alive...

And back to him seeing Mike dead... low blow. Depressing blow. Saved Ernie's life, though, which he in turn used to save Cecily and Susan... Makes me wonder what would have happened if Mike had lived, Terry hadn't gone mad, and Ernie had died on those steps? Would it be better or worse? No, I guess there isn't really a better or worse, especially not in DAYD. There's just what did and didn't happen. Nothing's fair or right in that story... it's the perfect slaughter of childhood. That's a very scary version of welcome to the real world...

~Lynx
Nongarak chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Terry and Mike are my favourite characters. I was really sad when you killed them off. Still, I enjoyed this piece. I'll have to read the others, now.