Reviews for 20 Random Facts About Tiresius W Boot
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Oh gosh, and I'm crying again... And I bet I will be when I dead the 20 facts about Seamus too, and any other DAYDverse stories you might have, Great job on this one, its great to know more about both Mike and Terry like I do now and I never would have suspected his home life to be like that...
liebedance chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
I loved Terry in DAYD and I double loved reading about him here! I love how much thought you put into each and every one of your characters. Amazing.
Greensl33ves chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Your stories are brilliant, they really are. One thing I find fascinating in fan fiction is the way that so many characters who we don't know well at all can stay consistant-for example, I have never read a Terry Boot who had a happy life outside of Hogwarts.

Great job, really. Thanks for writing these.
Danwea chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
You make me cry again sir.

Honestly, Terry and Mike are my two favourite's from DAYD.
Alyce chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
I honestly think that the Terry/Mike interaction had the most impact for me out of all the character by-play in Dumbledore's Army and this just confirmed it. Terry as an essentially isolated figure with just one person who understood him at all works so well. His death seems both inevitable and strangely unaffecting - as though with Mike dead Terry was too, regardless of if he kept breathing. A perfect rendition of the character.
Seph Meadowes chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Poignant and clever, very well written. I enjoyed the story and your insight into a minor character.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Wow. The last one was amazing. I love these. My reviews are usually helpful, you know, lmao, but I'm runing out of things to say in these. They're just so good! I love Terry and Mike.

KrisEleven
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Ahh. I really like Terry now.
Froddopsycho chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Dang it, you keep making me cry! I should not read these ones before bed. Your writing just touches something deep in my soul and I can't help but dreaming about your stories.
madbrad chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Damn, but I love these '20 Random Facts' things of yours! Even if I only understood 18 of the 20 in this case; I have no idea what the latin/French meant, although I got an idea from the context, of course.

But it's really clever stuff. It works because (a) it ties into the canon, (b) it ties into your YoD, but (c) the little darts all over the place are continually surprising and engaging.

And that double-bunger at the end, fact #19 leading into fact #20, really works for me. I see you chose to do it again, here; I saw it on your first (I think it was your first) go with Colin.

I find myself really wondering what you're going to say about Zach Smith. Ever since he bowed out of the DA at Hogwarts I've really wondered what he thought of himself, whether he regretted it, what reaction may have come from other students. But maybe you're only covering the deceased students with these.

Being a Hermione fan I enjoyed #4. I'm with Terry; intelligent girls are sexy. :-)

(She deserves SO MUCH BETTER than Ron)

(I'm available, Hermione!)

All of these facts are terrifically clever - I'm delighted at how much you pack into each one - but the idea of a Ravenclaw turning the wand-selection process around was brilliant. Loved it.

"Her robes as tight as a goblin's fist" - heh. Glad to read that not ALL the witches robes in the magical world are free-flowing, formless things that allow pregnancies to grow undetected.

The Legilimency thing was interesting. They could have taught Harry in his 5th year ... if they were good Ocllumens (I think I got the spelling wrong) by then.

Regarding #16 ... this reminded me of the twins Castor and Pollux from Robert Heinlein's "Rolling Stones" novel. Being very close twins they often studied from the same textbook, one reading it normally and the other orientated 180 degrees, on the other side of the book, reading it upside-down. I thought you were going to do something like that with Mike and Terry here.

Great stuff!
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Well written, but very sad...especially knowing how it turns out for him in DAYD.

I love this insight into Terry's mind.
Yami Hime Hikari chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
In number nine, when Terry and Mike meet, what do they say to each other? When I attempted to translate the words, I couldn't find them.

This is a nice one-shot. I loved DAYD.

Yami Hime Hikari
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
A perfect blend of laughter and poignancy. I really liked this, and as always you get the development of the character just right.
digigirl02 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
I like it.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
A profile that suits his character in the books. Keep writing.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »