Reviews for Until the Last Dying Moments
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I like it. It's different, in a good way, though. The ending was sad, but not ball-your-eyes-out-sad.
Luke Danger chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Man, we always knew the Guys in White were royally screwed up, but this... wow, that's crossing the line even for them. Like, they're messed up as hell and are zealous in fighting ghosts, but I think even their canonical counterparts would be horrified at what's going on. Maybe not the 'disect Danny' stuff, they'd love that, but the rest of it? Yes, even if they think it was aiming for the right goal of dealing with that annoying ghost boy, they'd probably be horrified at the measures.

Essentially, what they did was (spoilers below)

"Yeah, we're going to get you slated for execution for the murder of your own, clearly still alive son in defiance of pretty much everything that has been revealed to the world by the proceedings of the court by way of completely taking a dump on the law and the ideals of our country's founders, then we're going to torture them like there's no tomorrow and disect him like he's not even a thing."

I'll be honest, I expected Danny to pull out the Ghostly Wail at some point and just let loose, maybe even end up getting his parents killed in the resulting crossfire (not intentionally, of course), but what you did works too. Still, that was an interesting way to handwave Clockwork being unable to do anything and it was a clever way of keeping his hands tied instead of him being a dues ex.

A well done angst piece. I didn't tear up (I generally don't these days), but man I felt the desperation in Danny and Jazz to get their parents out, and I could smell the anger of the crowd when justice was perverted like that.

Also, interesting that you had Danny's human half be pretty much 'should be in an emergency room'; I know he was freezing in "Urban Jungle", but we never really got any hints of Danny's human have being unusual save for the fact he's half ghost. Was never cold to touch, etc. until that point. Its an interesting dynamic, and I applaud you for using such.

Again, a well done piece and recomended to readers looking for well written angst that isn't over the top.
ForestEmerald chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Well that was...wow! Totally shocked me. Amazing story though, amazing story.
The Cinderninja chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I think my heart just stopped... ._.

I don' /know/ if I loved it or hated it... but whichever it was, it was to an extreme degree. Gosh. I had a major reaction reading this. I just have no idea what that reaction was supposed to mean. So, I suppose I'm just going to sit here now trying to unfreeze my brain. Just... wow. Well. Um.

*no idea how to react to this*

Dash
The Half-Blood Guardian chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Wow! That story was great! I could almost feel and hear the things happening in this story like they were real. The end was sad, but I guess that's what I get for not noticing the word tragety in the description. I think you're a great writer, and that you should write more stories. Keep up the good work! xD
frasek06 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
This was such a sad fic but I loved it!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
hmm... but couldn't clockwork go back to the time where the blueprints were made and get a copy of them?

cheers,

brittney
Angelus-alvus chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
WOW! that was intense! I liked this story.
ivylei chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I liked it. Good writing and the concept ended up pretty different from anything else I've read. Stupid guys in white *grumble grumble*
KingdomHeartsDragon chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
The ending is so sad and depressing. I loved it though. Great job!
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
...Wow. O_O Good job.
starr1095 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
really sad but really goodwhy did angest day have to be on my BIRTHDAY how wrong is that? oh well love that story but really sad
Preemtive Karma chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
This is such a great story, and a really sad ending too. I gotta admit, I didn't see them being frozen in time, It was a surprise.

I love how the time thing was mentioned a couple times earlier in the story, that sort of thing happens in the show too (whenever something is invented or whatever at the start of an episode it will be needed at the end, haha).

Is there any chance of a short epiloge?
FlamingPanda9 chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
omg- u should mak a seqel! but mak it so that they r freed bt sum1 coms nd klls danny as punshmnt
Retrophilic chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Certainly laid the angst on thick, didn't you? Man, I want to cry after reading this. Not even Clockwork could reverse it! I wonder if that means that if Clockwork rewound time, they would remain frozen even if he went to sometimes before the execution date.

Can't you just imagine that? Three days before Jack and Maddie are supposed to go, another guy's gonna get it, but when they go down to the execution room, they're like, "WTF?" cause of all the frozen people.

Anyways, great story, with perhaps one of the saddest endings ever. T_T