Reviews for Hell and High Water
Katherine chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
i always feared that they would do that to poor Sam one day, god you got this so right not even trying to protect himself just standing! it makes me cry!
amyblair chapter 2 . 4/30/2009
Okay. First, I have to tell you that I loved Jump the Shark. I wasn't scared of the possibility of a 3rd Winchester brother or not - I just wanted the story. And I was IN! I loved the whole bit with this kid and when he was swinging the gun from his "mom" to Sam and Sam was screaming, "It's not human!" and the kid winks and says, "I know." My heart dropped into my gut! I was cringing.

I love that in your story Dean is cleaning up while poor Sam is recuperating. I love that Dean is all about getting them to safety and worried about the whole mess of it all and THEN -

You come to my second point. "It's demon blood." When they were bleeding Sam dry, didn't the blood pooling into the bowls remind you of when Meg would make the "phone call" to the demons? I was also wondering if Sam could just bottle up his own blood and drink it like he does Ruby's and would it be just the same thing? But I always wonder about Dean touching so much of Sam's blood. What if he had a cut or an open wound and some got in? What would happen?

Oh, the things we wonder about and I love that you bring up questions in this. I really liked it. Great, great job, YT.

It's so lovely to see you again, my friend. Looking forward to more!
bhoney chapter 2 . 4/28/2009
Aw, so sad. Interesting take on this ep. I was kinda hoping that losing all the demon blood would have a positive effect on Sam, but it doesn't seem to have done so.

This was a fantastic image, very vivid: "The hasty, clumsy stitches up and down his arms look almost black against too pale skin, rough and abrasive like barbed wire."
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
*Bawls. Just breaks down and sobs for Sam.*
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Wow. That was so well-written and UNBEARABLY upsetting.
Elesem chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
Oh yeah, this one made me smile in a cold, oddly excited kind of way. It was the last two lines. Ouch, scarey, and my heart hurts too. Loved it. ;)
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
that last bit was awesome
Kellbella chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
That was a very thought provoking chapter. The painful and horrific description of Sam's sewn up arms was very well written, the description of barbed wire was chilling. I shuddered when reading that. I like how thorough you make Dean in his cleaning ritual, you created a wonderful buffer there for him so he doesn't have to deal with reality at that moment. The end was awesome. I am dying to know how Dean will respond to "Demon blood."

As always, great job. You always impress me with your wonderful writing. :)
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I actually thought it would be AWESOME if Jess came back during that episode. It would have killed Sam, killed him! And I thought it would be interesting to bring back Layla from "Faith" to haunt Dean as well. Since we have such wonderful, warm feelings towards both women, I thought it would be cool to see them nasty and mean!

I liked it!
Sojourner84 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I liked this twist. I really wanted Jess to show up in that episode too. And I agree with you about the spirits coming back twisted. In my opinion, I don't think they would have blamed Dean and Sam. Thanks for sharing!

-SJ
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow, this was just heartbreaking. So glad it didn't go down this way. Poor Sammy.
Kellbella chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Wow, what a powerful one shot. Jess was terrifying, yet her presence was also tugging at your heartstrings! Sam being grief stricken, as well as feeling guilt about her is very thought provoking. You do a wonderful job of painting a visual picture for your readers. Reading this was like a punch in the gut; only in a good way! Great job. :)
Elesem chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
So sad and dark. I like that Sam only feels the emotional pain. This would have made a nice addition to the episode. Very cool.
HellPrincess chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
good story!

I agree they should of brought Jess back for that episode.

I also think that ruby (katie Cassidy) should of made an appearance after meg talked to sam. Because during all of S3 as much as i liked ruby i kept wondering what the girl inside of her must of been going through.
Dimminished chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Aw, poor Sam.

It was kinda short, but a lot was said, and the imagery was chillingly beautiful.

Thank God Dean showed up when he did.

I loved it!