Reviews for I Survived Cloverfield
Unactive Writer chapter 2 . 3/7
Sorry for ruining this for anyone who reads this review, my cat is called Sheba and now all I can see is my cat
Colorful Crayola chapter 7 . 1/29
Little bit of shell shock, there. A nice touch. You did a good job of showing instead telling, and it really helped immerse me into the scene. You kept it tasteful, too, though I'm quite fine with gore and don't mind writing it myself.

Really though, I enjoyed the story. I'm not sure why they stayed in the subway when people were being herded into evacuation before even Rob and his crew found their way into the subway. Again, though, I just assume you were taking creative liberty so you could have your giant flea scene.

Nothing wrong with that.

Good work, I'm glad I decided to give this a read. Maybe I'll see if you have anything else for fandom I like.
Colorful Crayola chapter 6 . 1/29
Fighting the flea off with a wine bottle is a bit unrealistic, but I guess I can ignore it because Jesse is just so precious, trying to stomp the life out of it. In not sure how in character that was, but hey her beloved is in danger. I could buy it.

The scene where Sheba hacked up her jeans to make bandages was a stroke of genius. Like hot damn how long did it take you to come up with that? Brilliant.

One thing's been bothering me, why hasn't the military shown up? It happened pretty quick in the movie, like right after the bridge was destroyed. I mean if you're taking creative liberty with it, that's perfect fine. I love me some creative liberty.

Gonna be a hard thing for Sheba. Watching your loved one die is already hard enough. Watching them explode? I don't envy her one bit.
Colorful Crayola chapter 5 . 1/29
I was wondering when those little bastards were going to show up. They're cute, in a horrifying way. But I'm just weird like that. The sounds they make are kinda silly, though. Makes me think of Hud when they're saving Beth. "Another thing. Also terrible." Ha. Ahh Hud.

I know everyone probably thinks of Joe as a big jerk for leaving like that, but I don't blame him. Movies or TV always makes those people out as assholes and make a point of killing them off, but I don't know why. I'm very confident 95% of people would turn tail and run, too.

Hell, I'd turn tail and run. I ain't dealing with that shit. You couldn't pay me to rofl.

Though I already know how it ends, I wonder if it ends now or next chapter. There are only two left, after all. I guess I'll just read on. These chapters are short, but there's stuff happening, that's for sure.
Colorful Crayola chapter 4 . 1/26
Poor saps. You always assume it's going to get worse, not the other way around. That's how you lull yourself into a false sense of security. Always expect the worst. Stay on your toes, keep your head up. Maybe you'll survive.

Don't have much to say about this chapter. Jesse's "faint of heart" act is getting a little tiresome, but it's also understandable.

Shit's scary, yo.

Still, someone ought to tell her to calm down. Coddling her isn't going to help the situation.
Colorful Crayola chapter 3 . 1/26
I forgot our narrator's name was Sheba. We almost named my dog Sheba, back when I was in middle school. Instead we named her Sadie.

It's a weird name...Sheba. Kinda took me by surprise.

The party or celebration or what have you wasn't as big a part as I thought it would be. I was expecting it to take up about as much time as the one from movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not that I don't like a little build up, mind you.

A nice little reference to Beth. I had to roll my eyes a little bit when we realized they knew her, but since they weren't all besties, buddy-buddy and only passing acquaintances, it wasn't so bad.

I'll be honest, last chapter I was kind of anticipating them breaking out a camera or something haha. Glad that wasn't the case.

Next chapter we get to see the monster I guess. Sounds exciting!
Colorful Crayola chapter 2 . 1/26
A bit shorter than what i'm used to reading, but that's not a bad thing. I like having a break from huge word count fics every now and again. More information sticks in my brain for when I review and shorter chapters means I can read them easy while I'm at work.

But anyway, I digress. You weren't kidding when you said there were going to be parallels to the movie, but I didn't know it meant also starting with a big party for someone.

I didn't miss the carriage, either. A little backstory for that very small scene at the end; a very nice addition.

However I couldn't help but chortle when you introduced the driver. Pedro. What a cliché name haha. Can't even take it seriously (I do not meant for this to be a bad thing, I just find it funny because I'm weird).

So far our MCs aren't obnoxious, either. Just a typical happy couple. Why not, man, why not. Who are rich. But hey you gotta be kinda rich to live in NY, amirite?
Colorful Crayola chapter 1 . 1/24
With the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane dropping, I decided to seek out some fanfics. I loved the original movie (flaws and all) and have been lobbying for some sort of sequel, so I'm super hype right now.

I was hoping for a fanfic based around OCs surviving the events of the first movie, and here's your fic. I'll dive right in.

This prelude sets it up nicely. I'm not sure how I feel about that hard core spoiler, but hey I'm sure it was part of your plan. You seem more than competent in your writing, so I look forward to reading your meatier chapters.

As for the same sex couple angle, I don't seek them out but I don't mind them so long as it's not their entire identity. If they're just two happy people being happy, then great! It's just those overbearing "look at us! We're lesbians! Pay attention to us and tell us how awesome it is we're two chicks in love!" couples that I can't stand.

So as long as it's not like that, you've got my seal of approval! Rock on.

Oh, I read and review on my phone so pardon any mistakes or typos haha. I'm about to go to bed so I'll read more tomorrow. Who knows, maybe you're not even active anymore. I'll have to check your profile tomorrow.

See you next chapter.
LonelyFlowerChild chapter 7 . 9/18/2013
Oh my goodness! Just watched the movie for the first time today (I know, a little late) but i really enjoyed it.
THIS.
This was so intense I'm speechless. The ending was really impacting. Flawless. WELL FREAKING DONE!
Tobezilla chapter 7 . 3/6/2011
I can't believe I only just found your story! Your writing skills are beautiful. I almost cried at the end. Good job.
anonymous chapter 7 . 5/15/2009
Sweet story! Really captures the spirit of Cloverfield (the hyper-realism and all).

Love the main characters! Sort of refreshing to see a lesbian as a main character
fading-away1990 chapter 5 . 10/3/2008
Great story you have going on here! I have to tell you how refreshing it is to see a same sex couple at the forefront of the action - so extra nerdy internet kudos go out to you for that.

Also, I love your writing; the personality of the two leads, and the descriptions are flawless. Keep it up!