Reviews for The Trial
Philyra chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Oh, this is a very compelling story. I love the idea of a court where you are impelled to tell the truth. I'm so glad that Az could see the truth of her possession herself, even as she exposed her innocence to all of the O.Z. That's a great way for her to believe in herself again.

"Lavender blinked slowly, her face a mask of neutrality, but Azkadellia wanted to think there was tenderness in her gaze." - That line is so heartbreaking. All Az wanted was for her mother to love her!

I can definitely see these events playing out. It was so very obvious in the series that the queen favored DG over Az. As much as I hate to think of any mother being so partial to one child, it happens all the time. And the ending, while so very bleak, is...well, fitting for this situation.

This is very well done! You have a wonderful way with words.
Fri.Fro chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very ... um...don't know..sad. But what I ask my: How does Ahamo feel? I mean, it's his wife.

You said the queen prefered DG. But the other way round she would have prefered Az. Don't you think everyone would have acted in a similar way? I think it's just not right to give someone the capital punishment for being a mother...

But still a very good story. And it shows another point of view. )
Lane chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Solid one shot, I liked it! It had awesome pace and the ending was quite sad, perhaps bittersweet in a way. Great writing style, too!
Calliope Phantom chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Haha Nice to see this story again. I haven't read it since you first posted and I, for the life of me, cannot remember why I didn't post a review.

Yes, I know that I beta-ed for you but it's always nice to tell you how much I did enjoy your story. It seems that many others have liked it too! Especially Onora! She's one of the best Tin Man writers I have read.

Anyway your story is clever and well written with a twist no reader will see coming. I'm glad I read it again. Thank you so much for mentioning me in your opening! I appreciate it!
Golum chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Very nice! I agree that the Lavender didn't seem to care for anything but "my angel" DG.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Kick ass!

She did sacrifice Azkadellia and ruined the whole thing. Gah, I do feel horrid for the family, but she isn't fit to rule. Now the whole shebang is on Az's shoulders. You did a wonderful job, and I love the idea of a courtroom where you can't tell a lie.
symphonycirrus chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Ooh I like it. Interesting, it's usually Az that gets the punishment, not the queen. Nice work!
Meredith Paris chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Way to go to tilting the fandom on its side in whom the blame was ultimately placed on. Like Celia said, it's definitely a question that the fandom's had since the premiere of the miniseries: who's the one with the most to blame.

Considering how absolutely filled with angst 'Atonement' is, I'm still happy that it inspired you to write this piece.
Celia Stanton chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
I think this is very, very well done, and you answered a question that I've (and a lot of the fandom, actually) had since watching the show. I really like how you brought the blame for Az's plight not to the face of the evil-hers-but to the Queen. And then you follow that up with *another* plight, this time one of Azkadellia's actual making. So even as she's declared innocent, she's still sentencing her mother to death. It's a very well thought out and truthful irony. You didn't shy away from anything here, especially those hurtful, raw emotions, so kudos on that.

I did notice a few mistypes-"Az rose her red eyes"-I think you meant "raised" there. Nothing major, and defintiely nothing that took me out of the story, but I wanted to point them out.

Overall, a very nice, strongly executed piece. Good job.
query4 chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
I have to agree. I wondered about that too: if the Queen had the power to bring someone back to life, she also had the power to dispose of the Witch from Az. She chose to save one daughter while forsaking another. It would have been less cruel to let DG die then to make Az suffer inside her own body. She made a choice, and her whole Zone paid for it.

Excellently done.
Onora chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wow!Great Story. I did not see that one coming with the Queen, I really thought you were going after DG. The interact between Lavender Eyes and Az was very nicely done. I liked the way you forced the Queen to admit she had chosen DG over Az and Az's thoughts on that. How do you forgive the mother who had forsakened you? Nicely done.
itism chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
This is a great oneshot. Makes me feel the good old queen deserved it.