Reviews for Spiraling
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/14
Love this.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
This one is great, with the brothers reconnecting again after Dean went to hell. Sam, who's so desperate to be on his own, and can't show any weakness ... too bad, dude. Maybe that's what Dean needs. :D
jessikat08 chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
I'm relatively new to the SN fandom, but I've been working my way through your fabulous stories for a few weeks now. When I got to this one, I had to stop and (finally) post a review because it just so happens that I am in the middle of nursing my (not so) little boy through an ear infection right now, too. It sucks, and I'm guessing you know a little bit about infected ears because you totally nailed it. The running into furniture, the seasickness, the bit about Dean watching tv on low until his skin itches-yes, I can relate.
You do such a wonderful job with writing the boys. Every turn of phrase, every bit of dialogue is perfect, and you always manage to break my heart a little, but in a good way! Today, it was the bit about Dean's journals that got me-how the money is untouched, but "the journals he filled for Sam, the memories he saved in writing, are so dog-eared, they look ten years old. And are wrapped in one of Dean's old, faded band shirts at the bottom of Sam's duffel." Of course they are. Great, great writing.
I'm only caught up to early season 4, so I have a lot of SN viewing and fic-reading ahead of me, but I wanted to stop being a lurker and come right out to tell you I think you're a great writer and I look forward to reading more of your fics.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
I'm glad... I was going to cry...! :'(

I like when Dean finally talk about it...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Awww! So sweet!
Shazza chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I really love this piece. It shows in such depth the extreme measures Sam went to over the summer of no Dean. It also packs an emotional wallop regarding how much effort Dean puts into relearning Sam. The show did not address this issue in th same way, once again, they clearly need your help with the scripts and story lines!
Shazza
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I enjoyed this as there was not near enough exploration in the show of this devastating separation and the joy and confusion at its abrupt end.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Glad they got that all figured out. They had both changed with Dean in Hell, though. They couldn't just slip back into normal routines. They had to relearn how the other works. And you went through that really well.
tvj12 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Great story. I like how you brought the brothers back together through the illness of Sam. Also how Dean had to 'figure out' his brother again, but that Sam finally came around to having Dean there. -tvj12
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
AW! Another heart-warming story from you:-) I loved it! Loved the Cap'n Jack comment at the end too!
Whilom chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This was great, and different because there was little plot moving the action forward. In fact, there was little action, which was exactly the point. Dean’s rediscovering Sam as Sam’s learning to adjust with Dean. Which means there will be angst and tears and love-through-actions more than love-through-words and all things Winchester. ;) And all those were included, so I rate this a ten.

It hurt (as it always does when the brothers are apart) to see Sam pushing Dean away, often physically as much as emotionally, and my heart twisted (but in a good way) when Sam finally collapsed and let Dean help. I *loved* Dean’s detective work in figuring out how to fix Sammy by figuring out pieces of how Sam was hurt while he was away. Seeing the sparse emotions and copious notes in Sam’s journal was a great moment. The detail in the last section of the things Dean notices about Sam’s nightmares, eating habits, values, and emotional state is incredible and makes me melt. Poor Sammy!

Oh, and, for some reason, I liked that Dean woke up to crashing furniture and Sam protesting that he doesn’t need help. It seemed so real. And that moment when Sam’s curled into the carpet broke my heart. Pieces. On the floor. I had to sweep them up and glue them together.
Gohanzgirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Wonderfully written! But with you that's a given! I loved reading!
marinawings chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
this is great! dean is so freakin' hilarious, and sam is adorably pitiful.
Terrwyn Ailil chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Aw, I loved this fic. It was brilliant, and funny and sad all at once. Thank you so much for writing it.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This was pretty great. I really enjoyed looking at how Sam has to cope with Dean's return when he's sick, which is something we didn't get to see in the series because they have to keep that plot going. I thought that this was a perfect way to show that Sam's got a few issues with Dean's return, besides the probable guilt of 'I'm not the one who saved you but I promised I would and I failed'.

Good job!