Reviews for Everblue
bluewolf 98 chapter 1 . 8/9
HAGUBAKATAOHUTAHAH!(translated) THE FEELS! I CAN SEE THE FEELS! THEIR COMING FOR ME! (Not intended to be racist that just usually what I sound like after completing a code geass marathon)
The Emperor's Underpants chapter 1 . 5/18
You know what, at this point, I feel like grazing 50 bullets into your body. I meanz, really man, why you give so much pain? Why? Why? Because really, this HAS to be one of the goddamned fucking saddest fics evvah. I have lost count as to how many times I re-read you believe me when I say I have 80% of it memorized? No? No? Yes? Ugh, the tragedy has made me drunk. Greatz. Now what do I tell my parents? Tis your fault.

"I think I hate you a little for this"
"That's fine. Everybody is supposed to hate me today."
Ugh. My heart.

And that ENTIRE second section. Oh dear God. A part of me is dead. No words.

"Kallen wonders why she's screaming for Zero not to kill Lelouch, why she's crying for Lelouch, when this is everything she thought about for the past three months, when this is what she wanted from him.

Wasn't it Zero, the lie, she loved, after all?"
D: D: D:

"Zero twists the sword and pulls it free, and Lelouch Lamperouge and Kururugi Suzaku cease to exist."

I actually never thought of it this way. Suzaku and Lelouch even DIED together, at that very moment. The impact of this was so great on me...

And that ending. I must kill you this instant. I must, I -

*rolling on the floor in pain*
Juleezy chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
What a shame that I didn't bother venturing into this archive when you published this.

I personally love reading stories with few yet strong words, and you greatly executed it. Everything you written was oh so true yet oh so heartbreaking, all done in less than 700 words. No grammar or content corrections needed; no tweaks should be intended.

I really enjoyed this writing and the simplicity - yet complexity - of this. You really captured the gray and the black and the white.
ichiruzuka chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Reading this piece with Somewhere Over The Rainbow as the background music provides a shuddering effect, really. I almost cry.
Ghibli Ninja chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Most masterpiece fanfics need 20 chapters with.
You managed to create one in less than 700 words.
Veeeeeeeery impressive. I deeply admire you're genius :D

I especially like Kallen's last line: "Wasn't it Zero, the lie, she loved after all?" It really emphasized the fact that she had fallen in love with the fake persona, and when she had finally realized who Lelouch really was and that he meant to save the world, it was too late.
These lines, also, will live forever in my memory: "Because the truth is ugly, the truth is sin. The truth is that Lelouch Lamperouge was just a boy who wantd to see his loved ones smile. The truth is that Kururugi Suzaku is not a hero. But nobody wants the truth, and so, they will give the people the greatest lie they can, a lie that will save the world because nothing else can."
You managed to break the code of humanity in approximately three sentences. Nobody likes the truth, and when faced with it, they see it as the evil, the sin. And so, the only the person who could save the world was one who wanted and knew the truth, but was willing to commit the greatest lie, because humanity had come to the point where they could no longer face truth. And so it goes throughout the history of mankind.

Bloody brilliant, sir.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This. This is perfect. Everything is brilliant and as it should be. No more than what is necessary to paint this picture. This. Gah. Yes.
Lone Triarii chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Simply beautiful, I don’t know what else to say. Amazingly done, especially the end. I absolutely love this.
hushhushyou chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This is so heartbreaking and beautiful.

There are simply not enough words to give justice to this story. I love this SO much. The simplicity and subtlety made this all the more lovely! The way you portrayed each character was wonderful & the ending was haunting and made me tear up a little. Thank you for this! I enjoyed it very much :)
Hilaire chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Aw, shit, this is so good, and I admit I cried just a little after reading the last line. I feel so bad for Lelouch, because except for a very, very few people, no one else knows his reasons behind everything that he did. I think he's greatly misunderstood, and although I don't think he's not without his own faults, I still believe in him and the unselfish care he had for his sister and friends and the rest of the world that never quite understood him.

Beautiful work. :)
whereami2012 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
This is one of the most amazing things I have ever read...

My added bonus was listening to "Itsumo Nando Demo" from the movie "Spirited Away" while reading it. If you read the translated version of the lyrics, it really fits the story. And it makes it all the more sad because the song is kind of a lullaby, and well the lyrics are bittersweet...

And I also just realized the irony that the perfect song for Lelouch's death is a Japanese lullaby...

Jojo81093 chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Nice views on that tragic day. Love it.
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
i realize you wrote this a few years ago, but i only just now got around to watching R2, and WOE AM I for the tardiness because GREATGOOGLYMOOGLY do i ever love that series.

...that being said, i don't think i have much in the way of meaningful to contribute as far as this review's concerned, but i will say holyshitwow, because you deserve it.

poignant and heart-breaking and well-spun.

thanks for this.
LyricGirl16 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
That was beautiful.

You did a very good job keeping everyone in character, especially the second section. It was really a great addition to the end of the season. It elaborated on the end without overemphasizing it.

Great job :)
Princess of the Dark Riku chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
This is to beautiful to describe...Oh god now I'm crying TT_TT

The ending is so beautifully tied to the begining and IT WAS SO GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL!
sakurahanaalice chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
And thus the new world is created on a lie.