Reviews for 20 Random Facts About Ernest I Macmillan
Hufflepuff's Beauty Queen chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I like 1. and 20.
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
I love Ernie. Not just because Hufflepuff spirit, but also because he is a amazingly awesome character. I like that he doesn't sway with the public opinion- for example he hates Harry even after everybody goes "Oh yes you were right all along!" He always knew that Voldy was back, but he never forgave Harry for not telling Cedric's friends what had happened.
So I love Ernie, he is amazing.
DarkShadowOwl chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Awwww This one broke my heart! Especially number 20, watching over Cecily.
Your mean chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
your'e a good writer, but Ernie lived and so did a lot of the people you said had died, Ernie wasn't listed among the 50 casualties.
IWatchTVStaticAndThinkIt'sFun chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
I always kind of hated Ernie after COS (well not hated just really disliked... I totally hated Zacharias Smith though, cos he's a pompous prick) but with your fic you showed me a different side to Ernie than the one when he was accusing Harry of being the heir of Slytherin and I totally mourned his death 3
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Darn you for making me care so much about Ernie.
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I must confess that I read “20 Random Facts about Teresius W Boot,” “Seamus C P Finnigan,” and “Collin R Creevey,” and some of the entries made me think, ‘okay, that’s kind of weird. I don’t understand where he’s coming from.’

But the “Facts” about Ernie all rang true and fit him really well. They made me love him even more, and they made me annoyed that you killed him off. Ghost Ernie just doesn’t cut it.

His dyslexia is an interesting idea that shows how wizard Healers are in some ways behind modern Muggle healthcare (fun fact: I misspelled “dyslexia” and Word autocorrected it).

And yes, spiders are just creepy, and there is no logical reason to put mushrooms in food.

Ernie's hair change is the opposite of my experience. My hair was white-blonde like a Malfoy's and very curly when I was two years old. By the time I hit puberty it had darkened to dirty blonde and lost some, but not all, of its curl. All of my siblings' hair also darkened with maturity.

I was a little surprised that Ernie "never forgave Harry for not telling them about Cedric." I remember Ernie being pompous, but not outright hostile. But I admit I didn't pay attention to Ernie before reading DAYD. Harry is not the most considerate of souls, but he does have the excuse of being emotionally abused and neglected during his formative years.

It’s sweet that Ernie sung lullabies to Cecily while she was in utero.
Eryk Lestrange chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
I should re-read DAYD with these in mind
Delilah's Soliloquy chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This was absolutely beautiful! I have a real soft spot for the Hufflepuff kids that we are shown such tantalizing glimpses of, and I think you really hit the nail on the head with Ernie. Brilliant!
Sean Mulligan chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
His father had a point about the Stock Market being gambling.
Night Train FM chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I really don't understand how Harry's reaction to Cedric's death was 'selfish'.

He told Cedric's PARENTS how he died, which must have been difficult enough, and Dumbledore told the whole school precisely what happened - Voldemort murdered him. What would you have preferred Harry to do, discuss one of his most horrifying experiences in graphic detail with dozens of people he doesn't even know that well?

Also, Ernie 'never having liked Potter' doesn't fit with what we see of him in the text. I'd heard you had a tendency to bash Harry and, frankly, this backs it up.
valmontmerteuil chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
As much as I love this and I love Ernie from the DAYDverse, nine makes me dislike Ernie. I'd probably be sorted into Hufflepuff, as much as I like to think of myself as a Ravenclaw. Loyalty. And as much as I love the trios and characters in DAYD, I love the golden trio and Harry more. /:

Still brilliant though.

And just a random question, do Neville and Ernie seriously just randomly happen to be the same blood type as Colin or did the wand change it somehow?
Asymmetric chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
The fact a wizard invested in Apple makes about a million different kinds of sense.

And the ending was amazing.

Tric
terrorofthehighway chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
No. 20: Neville Smith?
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Well at least it's a much happier kind of crying now. That was a very sweet ending, it makes me feel a little bit better about everyone that died of the course of DAYD. Brilliant job.