Reviews for Dedication
TT chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
nice! Very Charlie and Don, love it!
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
that was great loved it
Rinne chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Loved it.
MarieThea chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
This is really sweet...although I suppose I shouldn't tell Don and Charlie that :D I love the dedication and Don's reaction-especially that Alan already knew, and didn't know that Don didn't know. Also: "he wasn't about to hug Charlie in cold blood" is one of the best lines I think I've ever read, and just that whole back-and-forth interaction in that paragraph. Very brotherly.

PS: It makes me sad that you had to explain what a third-person limited narrative is. Sad for the whole human race. But you write it excellently, so I feel better ;) Seriously, you handled really well, and it was very tight to Don's voice, which I think really works especially for TV shows, as opposed to first-person, which usually drives me nuts. Anyway...

Great story, I'm really glad I found it!
epalladino chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Nice one shot. Thanks, Beth
Serialgal chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
If it's any consolation, ST, I got it. Both brothers have issues that would color their point of view about the other - I write that way myself.
devon99 chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
I really liked this. It felt warm and real.

"Do I need to tell my grown sons to mind the furniture?" Dad said, but Don could tell he was pleased.

This was actually my favourite line. I could really see this. Alan smiling at them, doing the fake rebuke thing.

Really nice.
Phoenix Red Lion chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Very nicely done! A few spelling errors but nothing too obvious. I really liked how you presented the dynamics of a typical sibling relationship...I just wish this was longer. All siblings go through feelings of guilt, protection, and doubt when it concerns another sibling...especially when you look back into the past (I know - I've got two siblings). You did a great job showing that with Don and hints of it with Charlie. I also found it funny how those two show how they love each other - very indirectly. *snicker* It was cute.

Good job and looking forward to more.
wolfeylady chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Aw...So adorable!
squelchything chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Carly: And I get tired of getting variations on this same review. Every fic I try to make it plainer and plainer, and still it doesn't work.

This is told from tight 3rd-person pov, so what Don thinks is what you get on the page. Don is NOT A RELIABLE NARRATOR when it comes to Charlie. He has a responsibility complex about Charlie. The needless non-specific guilt is canon, just look at Money for Nothing.

masondixon: And a whole other perspective. I take it your a Charlie fan, then. I actually think that Don does give as much, just that he's so much quieter and less demonstrative. Whatever, they clearly love each other to bits. :)
masondixon chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Nice little story. On the show it is always so clear how much Charlie looks up to Don and how much he tries to do things for him. Sometimes it doesn't seem that Don gives as much as Charlie. But I would expect a dedication like that from Charlie and I know that Don would appreciate it.
Carly chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Man, I get tired of this fanfic gig that insists Don was awful to Charlie in their youth while Charlie dons the mantle of patient sainthood. There's nothing in the show to support anything of the kind. In Soft Target Charlie complains to Don and Don replies that it wasn't always easy for him either, at which point Charlie cuts him off and doesn't bother to listen. Later, Don apologizes to Charlie in case he ever hurt him, but he doesn't really seem to remember anything specific. Charlie noticeably does not return the favor. Personally, I think it's just another example of how self-absorbed Charlie is.