Reviews for The Armoireslayer
LoZfan86 chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Armor...armoire...what's the difference, really? :P Haha thanks for posting this! Made me laugh so much! :)
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
*twitch* *twitch*

Too funny! Soren, as usual, is a bundle of deadpan, snarky humor. Poor Boyd.

I do have one question, though. This sentence doesn't seem to make much sense: "For Ashera's sake, there was no way they could celebrate everyone's birthday of all things." Everyone's? It's just Ike's birthday, isn't it?
FluxBlade chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
The story flow went well. I like how you had those that were a bit more reflective got him more poignant gifts, while Mia and Boyd got him weapons.

Ike forgetting his birthday is possible, especially if they were busy. Though sending Shinon on a wild-goose chase that Gatrie would not pick up on, went well. Also like how you show that Gatrie and Shinon's opinion of Ike are distinct even though they are best friends.

Also had to laugh at Soren and Ike trying to figure out what Mist was up to while measuring his hands.

Though it was interesting to see how Ike characterized Mia as a she-devil. Never seen that one before.
Demoness Drakon chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
*snort* Man, my dad is looking at me weird since I was laughing at this. Still, leave it to Boyd. And I can actually see Soren just saying 'congradulations on getting though another year without a knife in your back'. Nice work!

Drakon out!
Anisettae Blackwirth chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Wow. You know, not being able to type from laughter has never happened to me before now. This was absolutely brilliant. Words simply cannot describe how amazing this was, but obviously I'm trying anyway. D

You have a wonderful grasp of the characters here, and the general world. Replacing chaos with Yune at the end was a perfect touch. The story was completely believable and fun to read becuase of that. I can so see Ike forgetting his birthday, and Rhys' fail attempt at bargaining. And everyone abandoning Boyd during the surprise. xD

Speaking of, the humor is golden as well. The comment Ike makes about Mist measuring his hand is priceless, as is poor Daniel's comment about the crack in the door. The image of Ike destroying all the (no doubt tacky) furniture in Duke Tanas' mansion is the best one I've seen(?) all week.

This story made my day so much better. Thank you for writing this, and thank you for adding the sweet little moment between Mist and Ike. It was completely heartwarming. :3

And Soren NOT getting Ike anything is just so... Soren. XD
Sentury chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Aw man dude that was hilarious really though. Great job thanks mates
FireEdge chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
You are not good for my homework habits. I'm in the midst of correcting an essay (not the same as that one I was doing when I read your other fic, thank goodness) and I decided that reading this would be a fantastic way to procrastinate!

Anyway, I LOVED how Ike did not remember his birthday. It's so like him, too. "Ah... Friday?" killed me right there. I also enjoyed how you made Soren act so... Soren-ish while still participating in the festivities (you know, with him standing out in the open but really the only one succeeding at hiding from view). Hahaha, I totally want to know what Shinon's wild-goose chase was!

And YES to Oscar being a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-all! XD Also to Boyd'd innate ability to ruin the moment. I love the three brothers. But my favourite lines by far (and holy crap did I laugh hard) was Daniel's: “but you should know, there’s an oddly shaped crack in your door. It looks like an upside down wyvern eating a pegasus” and Soren's: “You got him a closet killer, okay Boyd? You got him something that kills large, expensive pieces of furniture”.

Anyway, thanks for the laughs once again (and the distraction, though that's my own fault...)!
Dream Adept chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Bwahahahahaha! (hyperventilates from all the laughing)

Ha! This was an excellent fic, it was funny and entertaining. Soren is just so practical :D. Maybe you should make more fics like this!
fkjdkjfkasldfjfdaewfe chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Leave it to Boyd to screw everything up! This is the second time I've read your work, and I must say that your metaphors, your characterization, and pretty much everything else is spot-on. The pegasus-eating wyvern was a little startling, but that's about the only somewhat neutral comment I can think of right now. I can't wait to start reading ToaHaHD.
BlameYourFate chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
This was awesome xD I was laughing through the whole second half. My dorm neighbours probably think I'm insane now _' anyhoo, this made my day Great job!
Elchikaah Haly chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Hahaha, I haven't laughed in a while from reading a story. Ike's no fun, I mean, c'mon, it's HIS birthday! And poor Boyd.

The most charming part is when Mist gives the picture. THAT is very cute, it adds some calm in this humorous story!

Nice little story, and you managed to keep everyone in character, which is awesome! _
dfghytah chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Lol! Very fun :3 not often is there a fun story void of angst, so yay! Poor Boyd. I loved this very much. Very in character and gigglesome!
emberin chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
I love the whole birthday idea, but you're right about the title - since the focus moved, the impact of the title wasn't so awesome any more. Mia's slight obsessiveness with the swords, Oscar's directness about the pricing (I don't know if it's the Oscar fan in me, I quite liked that section), Soren's deadpans, I quite enjoyed it all.

Screw canon, I don't like the idea of him vanishing off to nowhere anyways.

The story was light and funny, a perfect way to relieve stress. It would have been better if it had more focus instead of jumping around a little, but it was still great.

Until next time!