Reviews for You'll Like Me When I'm Dead
froovygirl chapter 78 . 1/31/2014
Ouch, that was kind of painful, but necessary. We were spoiled with such a lovely few chapters before this, and now we're back to reality. Vader is still Vader, even though much more of Anakin is peeking through. And Padme is still Padme, so they're bound to keep clashing even as they keep giving in to passion.

Makes a good little formula for a great story.

I'm hoping Vader's sadistic games with Ventress are over, as I wasn't real thrilled to see her this chapter. And somehow, I'm thinking Vader isn't done with his pursuit of Max, either, which will lead to more fireworks.

With all that yet to come, and the search for the twins, there's so much life left in this story. And you're telling it beautifully. I hope all goes well for you and your family during your hiatus and will look forward to reading more goodness when you return. :)
Amarielah chapter 77 . 1/7/2014
This fic is very interesting, and you had me in tears for quite a lot of it. I wonder if is Ahsoka going to show up to complicate things further.
QueenNaberrie chapter 77 . 1/2/2014
Why do I get the feeling Luke and Leia are going to have another sibling. ;)

I'm a little surprised that Vader...Anakin...would even consider allowing the Hutts to continue their slave trade at all after what he and his mother suffered. But I'm sure just like everything else, he believes some twisted Dark Side logic Palpatine has spouted out to him.

I hope something about this negotiation will be a wake up call to him.

I look forward to your next update!
QueenNaberrie chapter 76 . 1/2/2014
Awww. What loving thoughtful, Anakin-like, gift. See...being the good man that is still in you is what she wants. It's so good to see them together as a loving husband and wife again. He's becoming more and more like his old self now that he is starting to realize that his actions almost DID kill her and their babies.

But now he just has to connect the dots and realize that had he heeded Master Yoda's advice about his dream and let go, his nightmare of the future never would have happened. Also, if he hadn't listened to Palpatine, the REAL cause of all their misery, he wouldn't have fallen to the Dark Side. He needs to realize that he sold his soul to the Devil and the Devil (Palpatine) lied to him. He lost everyone and everything he cared about because of a lie. The Jedi were never his enemy. Palpatine is!

Reading on...
QueenNaberrie chapter 61 . 1/1/2014
Please pass me a box of tissues! I am in tears after reading this chapter when Padme revealed to Vader why she kept the Japor Snippet pieces.

Bawling...and reading on...
QueenNaberrie chapter 48 . 1/1/2014
You go, Artoo! Give him the kick in the pants he needs. Or in this case, the zap on the pants. lol

I hope Vader takes what Artoo said to heart because he's absolutely right!

Reading on...
QueenNaberrie chapter 20 . 12/31/2013
Anakin/Vader is so messed up, but this chapter is so heart breaking. I almost didn't read this story out of fear of it being another fanfic where a really sadistic Vader makes Padme's life a living hell and he only thinks of himself. But he really does love her, possesively so, but not to the point of really harming her.

I decided to give this story a second look after it was referred to me recently and was told it was definitely worth reading.

I'm glad I gave it a second look. I know you said this isn't an Anakin redemption fic, but I'm holding out for some gray area Anakin trapped between dark and light to the point that perhaps Padme will be more accepting of him.

Reading on to find out...
Irene Sharda chapter 77 . 12/30/2013
I'm really happy you're back. I know how hard it is to sometimes get back to these when real life comes calling, however I'm happy to see this return.

Honestly, I like Vader/Anakin balance, he's got the softness and kindness of Ani, but he got the cruelty, intelligence, and downright butch-ness of Vader. It's like Anakin became a full man or something. I'm hoping that Padme comes to like the darker parts of Anakin as well. She might get even more darker parts of herself as well when she learns that her children are being raised by the one person who's been denying her access to her children. I doubt any friendship or rebellion is going to stop a mother from getting back her children.

If she tells her husband about her so-called "friends" and that they are the ones who are hiding her children, he can put that together with the facts he found out about Bail and figure out where Leia is. Finding Luke won't be far behind.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Padme to get so jaded and angry that she betrays Bail and Mothma to Vader to get her children back.
Juliet chapter 77 . 12/29/2013
I am so thrilled you're back. Another wonderful chapter. I can't wait to watch Padme get herself back into shape so she and Vader can find their twins.
Guest chapter 77 . 12/28/2013
I just love this story and I have read it three times already. I thought that you had abandoned it. When I saw that there was an update, I was so excited! Keep up the excellent work!
Lord Necrotis II chapter 77 . 12/27/2013
I was so terrified when V woke P up... but she didn't push him away, and even started to respond positively to the thought of being with V... i just hope V uses her sense of betrayal to learn of bail and mon's involvement, all while gaining her acceptance of not only his role but hers (as lady vader) as well...so much delicious nastiness could come of it

after V saying he wants to downplay his 'dark side' around P, i fully expect you to use it to spare max from the wrath of V... urrrgh

looking forward to the next update
Janizary chapter 77 . 12/27/2013
Glad to see this continuing. And what a chapter.

Sadly, I think this is like the eye of the storm. Sometimes serene and beautiful, but the trailing wall is coming.

Heh, not to mention the apposition of Padme and Anakin's time vs. Vader with the Hutt. Excellently done.
Lillian81 chapter 77 . 12/26/2013
That last bit was both heartbreaking, adorable and sexy at the same time! I don't know how you do it! The whole chapter was fantastic as usual, I hope to see another one soon!
Li-Li-ThePinkbookgirl chapter 77 . 12/26/2013
Fantastic chapter. It is nice to see you back! I was just thinking a while ago that I should reread the story, but then you updated and I am right back on track! I enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to how you continue the story.

Li Li
froovygirl chapter 77 . 12/26/2013
I squee'ed a ton when I saw this story had been updated. It was one of the first I started reading when I discovered this site and one of my favorites.

Since I haven't commented until now, I hope you don't mind if I take the opportunity to tell you that your writing style is outstanding. Each word, line, paragraph flows effortlessly into each other, into seamless storytelling that weaves an enjoyable spell. I admit, the back-and-forth of "they're together/no, they're not" was a little tiring, but now that that Ani/Padme gotten to this spot, it seems like there's a shift that will carry some new storytelling. Though, I'm thinking this little renewed honeymoon of sorts won't last long, as Vader is still Vader and not wholly Anakin.

And there's the matter of finding the missing Skywalker twins, as well. So many possibilities, and I was really glad to hear that you've been able to write ahead. I'm looking forward to reading what you have planned.

Thanks for the little Christmas gift!
723 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »