Reviews for Evermore
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
"The Raven" seems to be following me around lately. It's everywhere.

I was a bit confused as to who was dead, since Tucker (to my knowledge) wasn't middle-aged, until I read the Author's Note... but good story. Thanks for writing.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Wow. Beautifully done. I find it interesting that you are among the few who believe that Danny will remain forever young. It is a possibility, and you do it justice.

Poor Danny. I see that it is Tucker's funeral, and because Danny is a half-ghost, (you are of the mind that)he can never die.

This is sad, poignant, and powerful. Thank you for it.

Sincerely,

Miriam
MyAibou chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
"Quoth the raven, Nevermore." Do I get a prize? ;)

This is really quite poignant. It took me a few reads to pick up on the fact that Danny was still a teenager while the rest of them had aged. That's quite sad, too. I think one of the most tragic things in stories about "immortals" or people who don't age is that they have to watch their loved ones move on without them. I think that would be much harder than the alternative.

My only suggestion (since you asked for constructive criticism) is to be careful of POV. This is first person, but it sounds like it's drifting into a third person narration in the part where the funeral goers didn't notice the teenager. I get what you were doing with that, that it's still Danny's observation that they didn't notice him, but it still jarred me a bit.

Well done!
Jai Rose chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
:.;

Is that a Tear!

OPMG I thought that was sweet!
Soului chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Very nice, I especially liked how you kept us in suspense until the very end. Although we sort of had an idea of what was going on, the picture didn't fall into place until the last few lines. Very nice and I really like the idea, I'm a real fan of immortalDanny stories.
KHwhitelion chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
wait, is this tucker's funeral?

doesn't really matter to me-this was really well written and so sad!