Reviews for The Cradle of Summer
ObscuraDemon chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
That was absolutely stunning. Your style is just amazing, and when mixed so elegantly with faithful characterization, solid knowledge, and beautiful metaphors; it's incredible. I honestly have to say that this is one of the most well-constructed pieces I have ever read on this site. My most sincere congratulations to you on a supremely engaging work.
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Sniff...indeed, unfair...
Flayne chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I just finished the series and I can't stop crying. The beginning of this fanfiction didn't make it better. But the ending did. It should only be the beginning for Lelouch and Suzaku after all. I don't believe them to be dead. So thanks for writing our hope. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
ah! i so love a suzaku lelouch reunion!
you've made my day :)
thanks!
ucco chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I felt like they were on the precipice of something—something, I don't know what, but something achingly free and peaceful. It's hard not to feel sad over the fates of Suzaku and Lelouch, and I'm glad you gave them this ending. At the very least, they can start over (or continue, from a summer that they loved) a life that wasn't plagued by wars to wage and obligations to conquer. The essence was subtle, but the impact was tear-jerking. Excellent work.
Hopefulnoodles17 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Aww... the setting was great for such a reminiscing fic like this. :)
Max Nightmare chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
It was amazing! It made me want to cry with happiness :)
EuterpeDream chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Such a beautiful story to read :) i felt a bit tearish at the end when Lelouch was really alive. Such a lovely story :)
I'll Do It Tomorrow chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This was sad, in a quiet way. Thank you for writing this.
OlivineWK chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
And here I thought that the beginning was sad enough, then we reach the pond scene, and that just made me feel like I was in Suzaku's position. The ending surprised me a bit too, since I was expecting it to all be a 'hallucination' as mentioned. Nicely done. :D
Aynessa chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
I...am speechless. Truly.

That was...beyond words. Amazing. Sublime. Gorgeous and elegant and heartbreaking and I sincerely hope you still write CG stories, because this was achingly wonderful.

Ohhh, how I love this.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Not gonna lie, I spazzed out loud at how great I thought this fic was. You captured so well the essence of Suzaku's mixed and complicated feelings toward Lelouch. I think you have a great understanding of his character. One of the parts that was most gripping was, "Lelouch made the perfect sacrifice — his life made the perfect price for the perfect peace. Suzaku disagreed." Your writing is so beautifully succinct. Reading lines like that hits you right in the gut, in the best way. I also think you balanced the seriousness well with humor, with lines like, "Lelouch had just about all the physical inclination of an injured marshmallow." I DIED laughing at how clever "injured marshmallow" was and how well it made the point.

I typically balk at the idea that Lelouch is still alive. I'm more a believer in his death, however... if I'm going to read a fanfic where Lelouch is still alive, I want it to feel like it still makes sense, and doesn't ENTIRELY destroy the integrity and meaning behind Zero Requiem. I think you've managed to satisfy me. I like your ending, ESPECIALLY Suzaku's very simple yet extremely emotionally powerful last line of dialogue. Very well done, my friend. Very well done, so thanks for the read.
Starburstia chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
AAAAAA I love this so muuuuuch. YES.
irmina chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
At last Suzaku and Lelouch found each other again. Lovely.
renaleighaxhatakekakashi chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
love the story. lots of meaning. keep it up.