Reviews for Fly By Night
Star-of-Chaos chapter 18 . 2/6
Here I am again, putting up another review for something I read yesterday. Beautifully, beautifully done. You write everyone so well. I loved Rogue's time in Japan, Logan's little notes to the Professor, and Remy's sacrifice to be able to truly connect with the woman he loves.
Crystalbutterfly04 chapter 18 . 10/10/2016
I love this so much! I can't express enough how this installment (and this series) made you one of my favorite authors. You wrote Rogue and Gambit in such a different light compared to the usual Romy stories, but it worked so well! I love your version of them very very much! I also adore whenever Rogue is flying because of how you wrote and built up the scenes. I felt the freedom she felt as if I could fly too. The dynamics between the characters were so good too. There's just too much I love about your Flight series and I hope you make more :) Thank you author-san!
Arhie chapter 18 . 7/29/2014
That ending was amazing! This was such an emotional roller-coaster of a story - Remy's stuff was Ocean's 11 style exciting, and you captured Logan and Jean's angst so well, and I was so crushed when Remy undermined all Rogue's hard work - but this ending was absolutely perfect. I liked that the Guildmasters value the connections that make a big steal easy more than big, complicated plots to get around security. Excellent story, and just-perfect last chapter.
BD-Z chapter 18 . 7/17/2014
At this point, I am considering this to be cannon to the Evolution series. It stopped being fan fiction a long time ago. My brain has been running on "what if's" and "wouldn't it be cool to's". Yeah that phrase is a grammatical nightmare but, hey, it's how I feel.

I can't really say more than I have said in previous reviews other than, thanks for making my bus rides entertaining. Thank you for having fantastic editors and crazy plot lines. Thanks for your killer loopholes and solutions to Rogues power and yet making it difficult for them at the same time. Most people end the story with a kiss and "hey guess what! We fixed her powers". You just make it believable because it's not an easy fix. After all these years in comics, cartoons and film.. it's never been easy. It shouldn't be so. I'm glad you stick true to it. If you should ever find a full solution, I will be impressed still because you took the time to get there.
Me Voila chapter 18 . 2/9/2014
I love the juxtaposition of eastern and western understandings of the body in this story - very well done. And The irony of Gambit and Rogue's separate efforts cancelling each other out, but then bringing them closer together reminds me a bit of O. Henry's "Gift of the Magi".
Guest chapter 6 . 1/19/2013
Well Rogue looked like she was having fun. Show them how a Dixie girl does it sugar!

From Dixie with Sweet-tea
Guest chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
Looked at pictures of all of the pieces mentioned and I can sympathize with Remy's urges. All very beautiful pieces and I can see Remy going insane from just being near them.

From Dixie with Sweet-tea
IrisAyame chapter 18 . 11/21/2012
Food was synonymous with family and home. Food was important. It meant safety and community and happiness.
That's the core of the French way of life. Or it was. Unfortunately, industrial food takes more and more space and people tend to cook less and less of this so delicious every-day meals that you can't find in restaurants. Of course, I'm resisting and I still cook every day for my family.
IrisAyame chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
I have to tell you something about the European Union that I thought about while reading :
"Then there was the forged French driver's license and a passport to match, which would let him move through the E.U. much more easily than his American documents.". (it's in one part about Gambit)
The UE Nations have signed what we call "The Schengen agreement" (which guaranties the total freedom whithin the UE's borders : once you've entered one of the countries, you can go wherever you want. It's supposed to be for people who has long-term-stay authorizations, but, in truth, there is no check anymore, except if you're taking a plane where there are so many checkpoints you're spending more time in the airport than in the actual plane...
So, if an American Citizen enters the European Union in France or Italy or Portugal or Poland... (where he has to show his papers), he can go to Spain, Greece, Germany etc without having to show any identity paper. So, Gambit's need to have some French papers, while understandable, is not totally necessary : he's already inside the European Union.

By the way, I soooo loooooove your idea about the "secret ring". But I wonder why Logan didn't see it when she takes her gloves off when near the fire? Before the fight, at the very beginning of their journey.
I was also happy to read about her fight! Go ROGUE!
IrisAyame chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
I can't share you point of view when you have Gambit say : "Louvre's different. De Smithsonian collection belongs to de American people. No patriotic self-respectin' thief would ever lay a finger on a pebble of dis museum. Not dat it wouldn't be fun . . ."
The Louvre is the most visited Museum in the world, we, French people who support this Museum by paying taxes, are very proud of it. It's not only due to the richness of its collections. It's also because we allow people from all around the country and from all around the world to share treasures that we're taking care of... for all Humanity.
Most of the visitors are foreigners, thus turning its collections into something that belongs to the whole world.
Museums are places that aim is to preserve and to show marvels to all kind of people, not only to the people who live in the country where the museum was build!
Stealing something from a museum is not only stealing it to some country, but to all humanity. Turning something that is public into a private good is not a correct thing to do. Beauty and history, and science (etc) are wonderful things to share, it makes us all richer. I think I'd like a Remy that could understand this... and who'll steal only private things.
By the way, I like what he said to Xavier!
rukia-neesan chapter 12 . 7/1/2012
Two things: one, you are horrendously and delightfully evil, as well as one of the best writers I've ever come across, and I can't stop reading. And two, turbulence is rankiryuu. :)
BethyBathory chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I LOVE how you keep apologizing for continuing the series when all of your readers are jumping for joy and thanking their lucky stars.!
LaylaYuy chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
So I owe you a huge apology. I absolutely love your stories, but I haven't reviewed any of them before.

You are extremely talented. I really enjoy the way you keep them in character, but still have character and relationship development. You also have intricate and complicated plots that are entertaining in their own right.

In this story in particular, the bond between Rogue and Logan is awesome. It's neat to see her coming out of her shell with others in addition to Remy. And Remy's sacrifice to touch Rogue is heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Very nicely done!

Layla
Carree chapter 4 . 11/20/2011
You are correct, Lord of the Flies was/is a terrible book. I pity every student that's ever had to read it.
trfanfrombeg chapter 18 . 4/3/2010
First of all I wanted to thank you for writing your stories with higher moral standards. It was refreshing to readwhen compared with the rest of the numerous stories I've trudge through. I hope you don't mind me telling you that and don't let me forget to tell you that your ROMY stories were wonderful to boot too.

I loved to little intellectual tib bits about this and that. It's cool that you took the time and effort to learn that stuff. Thanks for introducing me to more Cajun tunes to eventually add to my library. Music is one of the biggest things in my life.

I think my favorite chapter of the 4 stories you wrote was the dream chapter in 'Fly Away Home.' Yay, Logan and his Skittles! I laughed so hard.

I see it's been a while since you've accessed your profile. If you ever decide to upload another ROMY, then you can count at least this one die hard fan to read it.

Hey and thanks again for sharing your talent.

It's been cool,

trfanfrombeg (or just Cassie)