Reviews for The Story of the Charmless Export Model
crosswire chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Beautiful! Loved your story! Excellent writing, characters and a good exploration of the setting. I hope you do more like this, Patlabor deserves more respectable stories like yours!
Whitacre chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
"The gun holster was missing as well, Kanuka probabbly took it off as it stood out too much, a sign of the very sad (and arguably unnesscecary) Gun Culture in the United States."

And by dumping your political views in the middle of the narrative, you immediately take the reader completely out of your story. Well done!
Priest chapter 13 . 10/8/2007
it has been a while since i r&r'd. i had to reread the whole story to catch up to this point in the story. i realy enjoyed this and i like the cultural comparesons that you put in. i am hopeing that you arn't finished yet... i kind of would like to know what happend at the expo lol. any way keep up the good work, cheers.
Dijkman chapter 13 . 1/6/2005
It was a fun read all the way. Only the last chapters were a bit short. But it takes a lot of time to make a story so can't say I disagree.

P.S. Forgot about those drawings... :( but have been busy lately (send them a WHILE ago)school and all.
Nagumo chapter 12 . 9/1/2004
While I enjoyed the political machinations described in the chapter (and how it often bites people in the ass).

There was one particular thing that stood out that was fairly bad.

My only complaint is how you squished the disparate scenes of the fanfics together. I mean,

one second we're talking about a bunch of guys throwing back some pints, eating pork scratching and discusing reassignment.

The next scene we have Sir Alfie and Sir Andrews proclaiming "it's five o-clock man! Break out the sherry." And other political things.

You might want to emphasize the scene change with something. Would be much clearer that the scene has changed and the situation is different.
Priest chapter 11 . 6/20/2004
nother good chapter i look forward to more in the future.
pyu chapter 10 . 11/28/2003
Excellent read. Just a slight nitpick - Kanuka's rank is Lieutenant, not Sergeant. Cheers :)
Priest chapter 10 . 11/15/2003
this was an interesting chapter and i exspecialy liked the chapter notes at the end. Ja-ne (_)
Priest chapter 9 . 10/7/2003
good to see another chapter out, i look forward to the next. Ja-ne (_)
greysw chapter 9 . 10/2/2003
I like this chapter quite a bit. The description of the engineers trying to rescue the engine container is good, and the dialogue between Goto and Gallagher is wonderful.

The only serious criticism I have is more like a question - why don't they use the Ingrams to get the container free? Or maybe that's still to come, considering it's still stuck. _

Anyway, it's good to see that this fic's still ongoing... please keep up the great work!
Wizard chapter 8 . 2/21/2003
Great story, hope many more chapters will follow. Keep up the good work. _
Priest chapter 8 . 8/15/2002
a good chapter keep up the good work Ja-ne.
Priest chapter 7 . 5/4/2002
this is getting good, I wonder if Kanuka and Trenchard are going to "hook up". keep up the good work, ja-ne (_)
Priest chapter 6 . 3/6/2002
very interesting I can hardly wait for the next chapter. Ja-ne (_)
Prestwick chapter 1 . 3/4/2002
Wow o.o; Even Desaix has looked at it. I'm actually quite suprised at all the reviews this has had considering that to write this I have only read the first manga and have no experience of how Kanuka really is _.

But feeble excuses aside, every one of the flaws that Desaix are perfectly well founded and well..bloody well true. This was afterall a practice fic _

Anyway, this unnacceptable situation shall be recitified as I have ordered the first TV DVD and the first movie. Soooo When I get around to doing a sequel, everything should be a bit more accurate, etc. Also if I can I'll see the 3rd Patlabor movie when it comes out in Japan in the summer. Until then Mata ne!

Pudduh