Reviews for A Hundred Ways to Say You're My Brother
ashlynhope28 chapter 1 . 3/29
I was really enjoying Ed's inner thoughts on the military and then you shot me through the heart with that last sentence. This chapter was perfect oh my goodness.
luluhrh chapter 26 . 1/23
. . . you're evil. you're the most terrible, horrible, awful, fantastic, beautiful person in the world.
luluhrh chapter 25 . 1/23
. . . WHY ARE YOU KILLING THEM?! *crying AGAIN* IT HURTS!
luluhrh chapter 24 . 1/23
. . . *crying* fuck. Ed. . . god damn it, Ed. . .

you write beautiful, terrible, wonderful things.
tenaciousToxophilite chapter 100 . 1/18
This is amazing! It describes the brothers perfectly and oh man I can reread it so many times.
THIS IS THE GREATEST 'THEMES' FIC I HAVE EVER READ. NO CONTEST. THANK YOU.
luluhrh chapter 4 . 1/13
. . . T-T Icy wasn't kidding when she said you wrote this stuff well. jeez. . .

it's fantastic. i'll review again later, but this chapter struck me, so i had to review now.
Skittles Addict chapter 21 . 10/31/2014
I know you finished this story and most of it is pretty good. It's a little dark and a bit dramatic but the writing structure is awesome and most of the character portrayals are well done. The only problems I have with this story are situations where Ed finds god or allows god to be a possibility. I understand if you are personally religious, everyone has that choice, but in both the anime and manga Ed is not, nor will he ever be. The closest he comes to believing in a 'god' would be Truth, who he despises. I doubt even his love for Alphonse could push him to go into a church with the intention of praying to something he clearly does not believe in. He didn't do it when he was desperate to get Al's body back and he didn't do it when Al 'died' at the end of Brotherhood. Ed has always been self-reliant and he doesn't need any form of religion to give him support or hope. He and Al lift each other up.
I think if you were to portray Ed as ever searching for some spiritual connection to Allah or Buddha or Jesus or whoever, it would have to be right before his mom died. If there was any time that he would try something like that it would be when he was young, impressionable, not as experienced, and not as dedicated to science. I think Ed could have prayed at some point before Trisha died, but I think her death would cement his atheist/agnostic viewpoint. Ed has a firm belief in science and his experience in alchemy only proves his theories. He believes that if Truth is a god than Truth isn't worth worshipping and he knows asking/praying for something with nothing to offer in return is useless as far as Equivalent Exchange is concerned.
Anyway, that's my rant on this chapter and any other religious chapters. Thanks for the story!
Zoe Liu chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
I saw FA in May but I soon had nothing to read...Is pesky to see many unfinished story again and again!TAT
So I'm very excited to find your article!Thank you for your patient!
(Ps:English is very difficult, I I have any grammar mistake´╝îI'm sorry about that.)
lilaclily00 chapter 100 . 5/28/2014
This is what I have been waiting for. A fanfic that shows their relationship just as it should be. You made me happy, and cry, and not be able to take my eyes off the screen. You made me ponder on my own relationship with my sister, which I had thought was great, but now can be greater. (But there is no pair of siblings that could be as close as the Elrics. We can all try, though.) The way you write is just beautiful. You have totally changed me for the better through this. Thank you. Can't wait to see what you post next!
meladi1 chapter 86 . 3/22/2014
I still don't get it -.-
ArtisticFantasy chapter 38 . 2/11/2014
Heh, that ending reminded me of spirited away's ending.
ArtisticFantasy chapter 22 . 2/10/2014
I know others would think this is out of character. I have read many a fan fiction that treats ed as if he's a full on atheist. I think those people weren't paying close enough attention. When I read this, I think of him sitting outside the door in rush valley during a birth he can't help with anymore, desperately muttering "I know we're not big believers in God..."

You have no idea how amazed I was, just from that tiny little moment. Though that was the anime translation. Its not quite that obvious from the manga, so I'm really not sure what arakawa intended, but I don't think its out of character.

This is just a thought, but people in our she have the mindset that science and God oppose inevitably, and as ed is presented as a very scientifically minded person, its assumed he has to be an athiest. Though I am almost a hundred percent positive he's an agnostic, even the wiki says that. I don't think this is an unreasonable interpretation at all.
xIcyChanx chapter 28 . 11/4/2013
"But he had not died. He had survived to see Alphonse again." I exclaimed "FINALLY!" at the top of my lungs and smiled broadly...
At the end...I wanted to die. Simple as that. New tears for you my friend.
And to think I have to be somewhere in about 15 minutes...I hope nobody asks me if I've cried or not or I'll remember chapter 26 (which still aches my heart every time it comes to my mind) and I'll break down in front of everyone - and I'll be all your fault you amazing angst writer! Seriously though, TOO MUCH ANGST IS NOT HEALTHY!
I swear, after all this (100 chapters) I'm gonna stuff myself with all the chocolate I can find and read so much fluffy EdWin and HAPPY (humor probably or even crack dunno) fics that I'll be laughing my ass off just to forget that 26th chapter.
xIcyChanx chapter 27 . 11/4/2013
I decided to take this the happy way, and I was smiling through it all and I would have looked happy if not for the tears from the previous chapters lol.
xIcyChanx chapter 26 . 11/4/2013
OH. GOD. You just like to stab me again, and again, and AGAIN. I thought Al would have saved him, but it turned out so much worse ohhhhhhh I can't even see the letters of the keyboard anymore! My eyes are full of tears and they're not happy ones! I just want to keep on reading your fics though, they're so awesome but so depressing at the same time, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME!?