Reviews for Sage of the Leaf
EDK chapter 9 . 5/20/2009
Hi man, it's me again... I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you've really dropped the ball on this new chaper! While I normally enjoy your writing a lot, you do have the very bad habit of suddenly kicking your writing into overdrive, in a frantic attempt to tie up all the various loose ends in your stories just so you can finish a story off. And this time, it has resulted in you losing a lot of what was making this story a good read! The way you have Itachi take down three of the most powerful members of Akatsuki (even if you targeted the true [weakest] form of Pein and used the skills that worked best against the various members), along with several of their minions, before being taken down himself just feels a little off somehow... You could have made it a lot more longer and dramatic, in my personal opinion.

Also, the way you've twisted Hinata into nothing more a bitter shadow of her former self; filled with nothing but pure hatred towards the Sand Village and Termai in particular, really doesn't appeal to me! I hope that you have someone. maybe Gaara or even Naruto himself talk some sense into her (and explain what his exact relationship with Termai is), otherwise she's going to end up going down the same dark path as Sasuke or even Gaara (before he was snapped out of it thanks to Tenzou) did... And that can't end well for her! It just seems really OOC to me as well, since even when her cousin was beating her down in canon, she was still willing to forgive him and saw his pain.

Overall, I feel you may badly need to get back into practise with your writing of fanfiction stories after not having posted anything for quite so long (I think it's been several months since your last update)... That is, if you still have a passion for writing! My advice, always try to write a little every day if you can, it helps your creative juices flow easier and keeps you focused on your original goal of what exactly you set out to write...
Cenright chapter 9 . 5/20/2009
It is so nice to see a REAL story for once, and not some canon clone. I am really enjoying your work and hope to see what you do with it. I have really liked all the connections you have made in everything.

I am only a little concerned about Hinata. Everything has fit so well together, and though I understand her anger, I believe you will have to be very careful how hateful you make her, or it will come off and too abrupt a change. You have led everyone else into their changes, and I think she will need to be rounded out a little. Confrontations with her, yes, but with her love for Naruto, I wouldn't expect her to do anything rash.

All in all, this is a story that I plan to check up on constantly, and I better check out you other stories too, since this one has made me very interested in your work.
ravenknight118 chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
keep it up its a very good story
Master DK chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
love it keep updating
Lady Logos chapter 5 . 5/19/2009
I like this story very much. Is fun, but entertaining, but still adventurous and unique.

Very good job with grammar and plot.
KMT chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
great chapter

and cool plan!
garsdal chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
akatsuki is going to wound up fighting 2 toad sages without pein on their side:D
Fangtooth chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
Hmm, pretty decent. I think you're fic is going to fast.

I really did not like how you progressed Naruto and Temari's relationship. It seems like you put them together just for the sake of it. Just like other generic NaruHina fics where he see's her and suddenly falls in love with her. It makes the pairing or relationship very shallow.
OBSERVER01 chapter 9 . 5/19/2009
pretty good
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
Things are certainly getting interesting.

Poor Hinata and poor Itachi.
ABitterPill chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
Well quite a few interesting things happened this chapter.

Itachi's reaction was surprising, and yet it fit him at the same time. Good job there.

Glad to see Tenzo is the new leader of Team Nine. He'll be able to do a better overall job than Gai. I'm not dissing Gai, but he's simply too focused in one area when a team needs to be able to diversify some. A pity though that it seems Naruto won't actually be sticking around to be a part of Team Tenzo for long.

Hinata's reaction rather surprised me... Didn't think Hinata the type to outright hate like that. This will lead to some interesting developments to be sure.

Temari accompanying Naruto onto his training with the Toads should prove interesting. I wonder what kind of training she'll undertake while there... can't just have her sitting around all day, it'd drive her crazy.
Encouragingyouth chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
This is now one of my favorite stories. It is very well written and the pace is excellent. There hasn't been a time yet where there is an overpowering of evil or the good guys prevailing with little effort. I am looking forward to new chapters and seeing how this alternate reality plays out.

P.S.

If you or someone else creates a fanart with Guy next to the fourth on the monument, It would be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Just picturing the huge grin with the tooth twinkle caught in stone makes me chuckle.
Kactus Wrynn chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
KYAA! this is a fantastic stroy and i can hardly wait til the next chappy comes out!
Innortal chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
Wicked addition, nice and interesting twists, and grand plot.
Nosferatum chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
Poor Itachi. *sniff*

Seriously though, that one character has lived a life probably more f*cked out than most of the junchuuriki.
643 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »