Reviews for Darker Paths
dragon shinobi chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
...amazing

how could i have not thought of those 2 as chosen? it makes a great amount of sence now i wonder if any other of the parents were possible chosen
Kaleyanne chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
The atmosphere wasn't quite as creepy as it could have been, thanks to the descriptions being pretty sparse, but the idea gives me chills. The story read more as "listen to this theory" rather than "two characters discuss creepy theory," but still a very solid fic. I could hear it all in their voices-it was definitely an interesting story.
ARCtheElite chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
I'm currently scratching my head wondering why I didn't leave a review the first time I wrote this.

How do you know so much about Japanese customs, by the way? Your end notes are full of them!

And you have a talent for digging into a person's mind (psyche, I think?). And you did an even better job, considering that Chikara barely had any air time. (Of course, that would have given you more room to make stuff up)
Generic Gen chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Wow. That was excellent. The idea that the Digital World may have been responsible for his death- creepy, yet freaking awesome.
Syrinx Flute chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I really like that you picked Jou to be the recipient of Chikara's news. His status as the "eldest Chosen", as well as his simply being one of the most mature members, makes him a great choice. But Jou is often overlooked, unfortunately, and if someone else had written this, they likely would have had Chikara talk directly with Iori or Ken, etc.

And the backstory here is definitely plausible. I had a similar sort of inkling myself. You fit the puzzle pieces together really nicely - I totally agree with Jou that Iori would love to know his father was also a Chosen. It would be one more thing to know about the father he barely remembers, and one more thing they have in common. Also, the guilt Chikara feels, and his going to a Chosen for absolution in spite of the wide age gap, makes perfect sense. Great job!
rogue-scholar07 chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Dark. Sad. Perfect! Great oneshot!