Reviews for How to say goodbye
smut1956 chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I was already curious about "Starman". Must check it out now with a box of tissues at hand. I like how you relate it to Mac and Stella, I could see them both watching movies alone - they are comfortable in their aloneness. Yet you show there's another side to life when they're together.

T.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Starman the movie (and later, the TV series) was one of my all time favorites... I think you did a cool thing, bringing it into the story here.
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
I think I need to try to catch that film, it sounds good :) I really liked how you used it to link between Mac and Stella, with them both watching it and both thinking about how it reflects their situation.

I felt sorry for Stella being called out when she was looking forward to a relaxing evening in! But it was very nice of her to prevent Mac being called out too.

And I liked Mac's thoughts, I think you're probably quite correct in that he would never stop analysing things, such as reasons to run from the police, and the damage that guns do. And very sad, with his thoughts that Stella could one day be killed, and how he wishes that he could always protect her.

I'm really glad that they both decided to move forward together, just in case anything was ever to happen to either of them, and I'm also glad that that particular thought about what they would do if the other one was killed 'returns to the back of their minds, where it belongs'. I also loved this description, 'Glass walls, like an illustration of distance, close enough to see but too far to touch'.
narutoprincess chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Wow! Mac and Stella watching the same movie. What a great concept. That was so sweet. My eyes are tearing up. I have to see this movie now. Great job
iheartcsinewyork chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Cute Mac and Stella! I want something like this to happen in the show. Nice! :)
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Great story! I really enjoyed it!
kaidiii chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
It was cute story! It was nice how caring was Stella not disturbance Mac his evening off.
Lost in New York chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
The connection between Mac and Stella is so sweet in this story. I need to see the movie;D This story made me thought of life in a positive way. The title of the story made me a bit worried, though I'm really glad that this was a happy story. It made me smile, which is so welcome thing at the moment:) I also liked the line 'Glass walls, like an illustration of distance, close enough to see but too far to touch.' It was really well written!
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I have to admit, I was a little worried when I read the title :) But I was happy to be proved wrong. I liked the premise of Mac and Stella watching the same movie together, and finding the link with their own lives and thoughts. It's not a movie I know, so I'll have to try and watch it now.

You wrote their characters and their concern for each other really well by showing especially Stella's action in telling Flack not to call Mac on his evening off. And I loved the quote about what it means to love another person. I felt sorry for Mac with the darker thoguhts that came to him from watching the movie and what he would not be able to do for Stella should the worse ever happen, but I'm guessing she's able to take care of herself maybe more than he imagines :)

The ending was my favourite, and I liked how you worded this line especially, '“Nothing proper, would you like to come along when I change that?”' I also loved the descriptions of the glass, kind of linking back to the TV screens. I liked this line, 'Glass walls, like an illustration of distance, close enough to see but too far to touch.' And of course too the realisation that any day could be the last day so it should be lived as such, althought I hope that doesn't happen for a long time...
Bonasera chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
aww that was cute, they both saw the same movie) i really liked it)
BlueEyedAuthor chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
aw, this was such a sweet story! btw, what was the movie? I could so picture them like this on the show.
ten81CSI chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
This was very interesting and ironic! I loved it. I liked how MAc said he would walk through fire for Stella, rather I mean thought. I also liked how they knew what each other was thinking. I absolutely liked the fact they were watching the same movie, and had the same thoughts on the movie! Very well written!