Reviews for Candy Boy
XxThe Acid RomancexX chapter 10 . 7/9
I just wanted to tell you that I found this story a long, long time ago when I was 15. I loved it so much that I blew a good $20 at the local library to print it out. Now I'm 23 and I still love the hell out of this story, and wanted to tell you that your writing is exceptional. Thanks for a good, re-readable story that's awesome. :)
JasonKaiser chapter 4 . 3/22
The most striking thing about this chapter for me, even though it probably isn't the most memorable, is how Riku described his love for Sora. I could really really relate to that in an uncanny way that I wasn't expecting; that NEED to be able to reach out to someone and touch them etc but not being able to - you really captured how torturous that is. The way that Riku assesses his emotions is very realistic too and I applaud the author for presenting it in this way. I gotta say I'm hooked on this.
Indeed, throughout this story so far the thing that's hooking me to it is how realistic this all is and how I can relate to both of these characters in different ways. Riku with his (a) general boredom in life at first to (b) him falling in love for the first time, while Sora's attachment to his mother is something I can really sympathize with too.
I haven't read the rest of the story yet, but I'm guessing that Sora's been a victim of some very serious sexual abuse. Him not wanting a guy friend (and general attachment to his mum), to his very fragile self-esteem (and those comments in his head about worthlessness, patheticness, etc) and his hesitancy when Riku went in to kiss him all point to past tragedy. I could be wrong, but I'm looking forward to see how this develops.

PS I know I'm obviously reviewing this years after it's been published, but I just want the author to know that people are reading this long after it's been written and that your work's still being appreciated to this day. Thank you so much for doing this and you'll definitely be going on my favourites :)
Gewlface chapter 13 . 2/15
YEAH! Idk why, I just really like Roxas in this story. Those flashbacks were heart-wrenching and all, but I'm totally overjoyed right now that Roxas is back!
Gewlface chapter 12 . 2/15
XD "teenagers and their confusing bisexual love triangles" I'm. Fucking. Dying.
Gewlface chapter 11 . 2/15
XD "A tomato is a tomato, and tomatoes are disgusting" Loved that
Gewlface chapter 8 . 2/15
I feel awful. I couldn't help laughing my ass off during the rape scene, when Sora kept saying the code words for penis and when it said "his first thought was pee" XD and then that rape song. I am such a bad person. Poor, poor little Sora-chan!
Gewlface chapter 5 . 2/15
Called it. My best friend has DID so I was like, totally psyched when I predicted Sora would have it.
LightPhantom742 chapter 3 . 3/13/2014
Could they possibly be any more adorable together, I know they'll keep getting better. Maybe I shouldn't phrase it in quite that way since Roxas will be making an appearance pretty soon and that'll cause quite a few issues. They both come from broken dysfunctional homes and yet they've managed to make it this far and now they'll have each other. Awesome writing as usual and I can't wait for all the occasions and twists on the horizon.
LightPhantom742 chapter 2 . 3/10/2014
Keeping up with the great writing from the first chapter both with characters and detail. We got to meet more characters from the kh verse or ff depending on how you want to look at it and through their introduction we get more insight on Riku and how he interacts with his "friends". I love seeing their relationship grow further though and I really love the dialogue. I'm not really sure how to describe it though in that it seems realistic yet in a way to perfect. I'm not quite sure how to phrase it but I still really enjoy it. I feel bad for Sofa by the end of this seen just from meeting parents in the past I certainly know how nerve wracking that can be but I'd gladly put up with awkward firsts and more for a guy like Riku.
LightPhantom742 chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
I'll be honest that until this point I've been a lot like Riku in this story; both bored for no reason and also not content with the world around him, with things as they are. In that pursuit I read more and more fanfiction looking for stuff that is new and fresh. However, I'd be lying if I said this story was either of those things for me.

In truth this was my first Kingdom Hearts fanfiction and the first lengthy fanfiction I'd read as well so it's more of a classic and favorite of mine. I recently decided to break from my boredom to revisit a favorite and leave reviews as well. Despite this being one of my favorite stories I forgot how well written it is as well.

There is so much imagery and description put into it that it becomes real life in every nuanced way possible to depict the norms of high school life with a complex simplicity that just feels right. Maybe even more right than high school was for me; yet you also get all the little details of high school and social structures to a T.

I'm looking forward to seeing the full range of emotions with these two as they interact and develop their relationship into something special, not only for them but me as well.
Fan.Fiction.Love chapter 20 . 12/7/2013
Sigh ... I loved this story. It was beautifully paced and very well written. Thank you.
KariRedlock chapter 20 . 9/3/2013
Oh man, oh man D: this was an amazing story! I really love the way you write, and the way you portrayed the characters... This was a really unique take on the Sora/Roxas thing, and I really enjoyed reading it c: This story was full of a lot of emotion, which is what I've been looking for ;u; Thank you for the great read, and keep up the good work!
Bitchcraft chapter 20 . 8/11/2013
Amazing. Simply flawless. I loved this far too much. I cried, I laughed, I was shocked. All the feels. It was worth it though because this was too good ugh Ill never be over it
hamistasty chapter 20 . 7/25/2013
Wow. I really wasn't expecting it to end like this. I don't understand why Sora's mom decided to give his dad a second chance after everything they went through together, it didn't seem right to me :( like, why would get character do that? Put her son through that knowing he wouldn't ever be able to see them together?! Very weird, and sad.

I was really expecting a happier ending :( but this story was so good. Loved every word. Thanks for writing it!

;)
caledon chapter 20 . 7/17/2013
Beautifully written, very touching and at times heartwrenching. Love the note of hopefulness at the end here, that even though we don't get to see their happily ever after, it's there and it's happening.