Reviews for Filch Gets a Halloween Surprise
Fernsfairie chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Uhh... Flich in Drag wear... *runs away in terror*
Sandshrew777 chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
So...Filch ended up looking like Rita, got Transfigured into a beetle by Hermione and summarily squashed by Ron? If that's the case (and I'm not sure), that's amusing. :)

Overall, it's a cute little fic. I like the premise of Filch crossdressing, as he's a character with just the right amount of humor to pull it off. You do a nice job with it, too. Mrs. Norris is also delightfully fun, and your narrator seems to be having fun with this whole thing as well, which is always a good plan.

I'm not sure the dialogue always works. Snape gets a couple of good zingers, but sometimes it's just too stilted to be real. Of course, it's a humor!fic and that means things can be wacky and out of sorts and by all means they can! :) I just feel like your dialogue could have been a bit stronger overall, but especially between Filch and Snape, as that's the largest chunk of dialogue in this piece. It seems a little too low and a little too hurried. You've got some ore there to mine, and dialogue's a great way to have some fun, so let it do some fun stuff. You can do the "plot work" in narration, if you must. ;)

(There are some spelling mistakes here and there that kind of suggest that hurried feeling, too, and some variance in the sentence length might get you a fun effect. Give it a try, varying how long your sentences are, if you haven't been thinking about that? It really does work. ;))

It's cute, though, and you know how to exploit a pathetic character like poor Argus for our amusement. :D Besides, why else would Filch exist for us to laugh at the poor man? LOL.

Seriously, though, you made me smile. So thanks. :)

Nice work.

Keep writing.
Kerichi chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I had a hard time figuring out what the heck Filch was dressing up as, but the thought of having to disguise the scent of fish oil and menthol rub made me laugh.

Sure Hermione acted "all in the spirit of Halloween" :D.
akjsfakjsblaqebdfabedfnvlkjqen chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
XD nicee, that was funny