Reviews for Alone In a Crowded Room
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Wow. Such a heart pulling tale. I feel it ended a little abruptly but that's probably because you set up the scene in a way that it can be imagined so clearly in the reader's mind. Very nicely done.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
That was a wonderful Shepwhump/Team love story, thank you very much!
irezel chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
man oh man...i would think an experience like that would be so scary...not being able to move but still aware...freaky. :)
Jedi40 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Nice Shep whump and team comfort story.

I could feel John's frustration for not being able to talk to his team and loved the way they each looked after him.

Loved the ending though I wish you would have done more to it.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.

WOW.

I sooooo adore this!

"His eyes are open again, Rodney had said. How many times had his eyes opened on their own before he was awake? How often had his team looked at his face, anxious, waiting for the "Hey, guys" that never came?

Often enough that even Rodney doesn't look anymore. The thought makes Sheppard's chest tighten that much more."

Absolutely heartbreaking! And Rodney 'understanding' what Shep's saying in hsi head, OMG.

"He doesn't do touch. Not this kind of touch. Intimate. Touch is the kind of thing you come to rely on, and he learned long ago, long before Atlantis, that it's easier to live without than to have it and lose it. As military commander, he can't have it anyway. Can't let his guard down. Can't be anything but alert and controlled. People get hurt otherwise.

I'm fine, Teyla.

But Teyla doesn't stop. And he can't move away.

Teyla strokes his head, comforting, fingers massaging his temples and caressing away the hidden tension at the back of his neck. Minute by long minute, he relaxes. He stops thinking about why he can't and shouldn't, and just lets go."

The most beautiful portrait of a man who MUST accept comfort. What a heavenly device, too, you have a wonderfully twisted mind to think of it1

(BTW, this fic was recced on Whumper's Paradise forum.)

"Sheppard hears Ronon and Teyla talking quietly just as Rodney settles down, a solid mass of warmth at his left side. Moments later there's a second, smaller heat source stretched along his right side. He has just enough time to wonder what Ronon's doing when a large hand lands softly on his forehead and stays there.

The warmth from all sides sinks bone deep, and Sheppard sinks with it."

This is the essence of what I adore abotu h/c - the sensation of being cared for, the warmth and comfort of it. This is just perfection and will send me off to bed feeling warmed and comforted. This is a treasure. Thanks so much.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
A brilliant idea having John lying, listening, unable to do anything but listen to his team protect him and realise some truths about what normally happens when he's hurt but unconscious. Question is: would he have told them or decided that their unguarded actions when they believed he was unaware were better left alone and private?
CoolBreeze1 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
I was sure I'd left a review of this story already but I don't see one here. I'll just have to review now. I LOVE this story! The isolation and fear John had to have been feeling when he was frozen like that. Having this all from John's POV was awesome!
Kariesue chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
This is pretty cute! A nice TEAM story where they are all working together. Good characterization, very believable. Thanks for sharing.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Amazing story, though I wish there was more.
AlmostHeaven chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Sheppard's inner voice, I like it. Keep up the good work.
tbrown152 chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Wow, just wow. Great story - loved the idea of it; they each take care of him in their own ways, yet his frustration at not being able to communicate at all but finding comfort in what each one of them did for him.
ditraveler chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
nicely done! realy good! I could almost feel the fear, poor shep! thanks for writting this!
crossMyheartHope2Spy chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
love the way u ended it

Jinxauthor Mel chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I like how you wrote it all from Sheppard's POV; especially since with his limited sight describing anything must have been quite a challenge. My favorite part is when Rodney keeps echoing his thoughts and, oh yeah, the line, 'Sheppard doesn't want to meet the problem Rodney can't fix.'
S3r3n1ty chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Nice fic. As someone who unfortunately suffers from the occassional case of sleep paralysis, waking up not being able to move can be very terrifying! So reading this I felt very tense. It was nice to read that his team took care of him.