Reviews for Reassurance
Angel-Dust-Ryuuki chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Wow! This is indeed one of the best ones I've seen yet. It really captures Sesshoumaru's (and most likely his father's as well) personalities. I highly recommend this to everyone as well. Thanks for the awsome read!
godzillagirl16 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
You're right about being forboding. I really like the father-son interaction here. You do a good story; I've added you to my Favorite Author list. I'm very satisfied with the way you portray Sessoumaru.
Onba chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
I think you did a great job!
PurpleHiraikotsuRider chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
loved it!
JollyVenturer chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Its a shame there aren't more fics that explore the father/son relationship. This one was thoroughly enjoyable :D I think this may be one of the best interpretation of their relationship that i have read so far
wbaker5286 chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
this is one of the most insightful stories that i've ever read. so little was ever given about the father's personality. what is known had to be picked from the story by looking at the result of his past actions. you have taken the little bits of information and woven them into a wonderfully well thought out depiction of a father-son relationship.
melony922 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Congratulations Aryndiel—your story Reassurance has been nominated for Best Drama, Best oneshot and Best Characterization at the Inuyasha FanGuild for the Fourth Quarter of 2008!

This is only the first step in the process though—all nominations have to be seconded in order to reach voting. Furthermore, each nominated story must pass a careful screening process in order to make certain that all stories nominated at the IYFG meet our standards for technical quality. In the event that your story is disqualified for technical reasons, the IYFG offers resources to help you make improvements so that you can appeal the disqualification and have the nomination of your story reinstated. These resources include a Grammar Guide (posted on our website) of helpful hints and common mistakes, as well as a newly created Beta Group to assist you in making any changes you wish to make. You are in no way obligated to use these resources, but they’re here for anyone who is interested.

If you would like to learn more, keep abreast of your story’s progress, or perhaps even join the IYFG and participate in our proceedings yourself, visit our website at (or search “Inuyasha FanGuild” if you cannot access the link). And feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions—their contact info is available on the site.

Congratulations again!

Melony
Illucida chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
This was well written, full of deep thought, and a lovely portral of the father-son relationship. Great job!
Illaeshin chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
*Dies of gooshing* Well written, very well written I must say. I think you portray the characters very very well. The relationship is clear and the undertones of foreboding and hard feelings are set up incredibly well. Well done, well done indeed. ~
Kristen Sharpe chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Ah, this is another of your masterful oneshots. I love every scrap of fanfic I can find concerning Inu-Papa, and this was no exception. It was an exception, however, in being exceptionally well-handled. You've established a wonderful balance for Inu-Papa that allows him to be a fierce, powerful leader and a loving father at the same time. And, his relationship with Sesshoumaru is wonderfully constructed. I can't help hoping that you'll do a follow-up set during the canon timeline and concerning Sesshoumaru's thoughts during Inuyasha's transformations. But, wishful thinking aside, this stands on its own just fine ;)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
the anticipation, the fears and expectations when one is expecting a child. i can relate to those feelings.

the interaction between father and son was exceptionally wonderful. the fact that sesshoumaru although not pleased that he was going to have a hanyou sibling was more indifferent than hostile.

i can see how, as you stated, the relationship could have degraded. his father was dying but going to rescue 'the mistake' that he made. i can see the resentment and hurt for just the fact that he was going to lose a beloved parent. my sister, before our mother died had to tell her all that was wrong in her childhood and where mum was to blame, i think it had something to do with closure but maybe there was a little anger that mum was dying. when one experiences emotional, physical, mental pain, one's instinct is to lash out and i think that is what much of sesshoumaru's motivation was.

a pleasure,

ginny
Silent Scribe chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
You certainly handled both characters' personalities masterfully in this story. Equally admirable was how you paid attention to details (eg. the Dog General's intensity and taste for sake, a hanyo's volatile nature, the pressure of the Western yokai denizens, Sesshomaru's disdain for sealing).

I also liked how Inu no Taisho dealt with his son's outburst, that was well played from actions to words.

" — like a little fishing boat bobbing in the wake of a warship"; this simile made me smile.

This definitely earns a place as one of the best Sesshomaru and Inu no Taish fics I've read to date.
poisonivy7 chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
LOVED this piece. I think you accomplished beautifully everything you set out to do. The characters and their relationship in this one-shot are just so complete. You've given the Inu-no-Taisho a wonderfully insightful look into the thought that later defines his sons' lives, without presuming too much of his character. And Sesshoumaru, after reading this I can't think of him acting any other way with his father. All those traits we know and love are there, in different form.

Just the right balance of insight and lightheartedness, too, in both dialogue and description. Keeps it from getting angsty while still encouraging contemplation.
Fenikkusuken chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
This is a very thoughtful look at the relationship between a father and son; you've done a terrific job of slipping in the canon themes such as why Sess shows up at that critical moment when Inu 'goes youkai'.

Thank you!
manga chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I think you did a very good job showing both the domestic contentment and the seeds for the trouble we saw in the movie. I'm impressed. _