Reviews for The Affairs of Dragons
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Oh, this was amazing! Everyone was perfectly in character and you got the style just right!

-Aila
Morwynn chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
A CATS reference AND Enchanted Forest! You rock!
mar888 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
This is a great story!
WickedWillows chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
This was quite a wonderful story! The flow was excellent, the premise wonderful, and it fits in beautifully (in style and in content) with the canon tales. Your side notes at the end were also great!

:D
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
a certainly likable story. You wrote Kazul and Morwen pretty believably, and the cats too. Like Morwen, I like cats, though nine would be pushing it!
3dumplings3 chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
it's really good :D I loved every bit of it, how you made it so interesting, Kazul's princess, the funny misunderstanding, especially the part where they explained about the rope and being tied up for looks. it made me smile and laugh a bit.

if ever you're wishing to write another story/chapter, mind writing about Morwen's suprise when she finds Telemain's in the forest as well? (well, when he transports it there during his random transportation of his tower)
Silver Cateyes chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I greatly enjoyed getting a glimpse of Morwen's early years as a witch, but I do have one little problem with the text. It isn't really an implicit error, but it is something that was confusing me. In your summary, you state that Morwen does a favor for the king of dragons. If you mean Kazul, specificlly, she didn't become king until the end of the first book (Dealing with Dragons). If you mean the *current* king (Tokaz, I believe his name was, who got poisoned thanks to a traitor and his love of Turkish coffee) then I think that you should make that fact a little clearer by having Tokaz state a debt, or make an appearance, or have Kazul mention that the king will be grateful. As it was, I was a little confused. I mean, I know that the current king sent Kazul on her mission to find the box in the first place, but somehow he just dropped out of the picture somewhere in the text, and I got confused when I stopped to think about it. *shrug* Like I said, not an implicit error, but something that stuck in my mind.

BTW, I *loved* how you characterized the cats. They were perfect. (Personally, the third book of the series, which is from Morwen's point of view and is the only one where we can hear the cats, is my absolute favorite.)

See you in another story!

Silver Cateyes
nolrai chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
This was cool.
Eavis chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Very good story!

It kept my interest.
marginaliana chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wow, this is marvelous! I really like seeing young Morwen - she's not yet as confident of herself as we see later, but you captured her essential no-nonsense personality quite well. Very enjoyable.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Great fic! I can totally believe that that is how Morwen and Kazul first met.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I really enjoyed it. It was in the style of Wrede's stories. The princess was a nice twist of being impractical, maybe annoying, but not stupid. She learned magic and liked to read. Also nice that just because on paper the princess and Kazul seemed a good match it doesn't mean in real life the chemistry is right. Kazul should have been more clear why she was going after them when it seemed she was breaking their agreement.
Ms Arano chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Oh wow; I haven't read from this series in years! How wonderful! From what I remember, you've got the writing style down, and hey - you even managed to include the giants!

Awesome work!
maleficus-lupus chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Gods bless I love the Enchanted Forest chronicles, they've been one of my old favs since the first time I've read them, and you've done a fairly good job at it.

What points didn't work for me:(since I can't be bothered to try and find a way to say how much I enjoyed it other then you're really good) I hope you aren't expecting too much for reasons, I'm never good with words in most cases. First point: Kazul didn't quite seem as... Gruff? something was missing anyway, she was irritated and intelligent but lacking in something. Second: Morwen didn't have the feel the one from the books did, but that's excusable cause she's young in this, otherwise you had her dead on. Third: I don't think the cats carried enough personality, but don't ask me why .
LeahNari chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Oh man has it been a long time since I've visited that story. Thanks so much for the refresher!

Your Morwen as a young novice is a nice interpretation. Have to say, to me, the whole situation with her confidence and finding a new place, especially her final conversation with Kazul, really really smacks of Ayakawa Yukiko, but that's not a bad thing. And I can definitely see how this Morwen's gonna become the helpful yet non-fool-suffering witch we all know and love. And the Telemain references were a good touch. Also, Kazul, for me, is straight out of the book. Nice work!

I love the details you put in, like with the spells, and how each cat had a distinct personality; I'd kinda forgotten how they were in the books. You did your research _ (Btw, are pikas from the book? Or is it actually a pikachu reference? I doubt the latter, but...)

Anyway, wonderful story, really nice characterization, and a nice return to a book I have spent too long away from. Thank you!